Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

eddhorse wrote: »

Thought that was going to be a mislabeled C64. Wasn't expecting that!

Might be a good deal hear if you were looking for a monitor.
    the pontoon machine for 100 looks to have a big arcade monitor in it,
    could have a **** ton of screen burn tho considering its a card game.

http://www.donedeal.ie/snooker-for-sale/pokers-fruits-juke-boxes-snooker-table/8439992?offset=8

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Spotted these in tesco stillorgan yesterday. If anyone wants some expensive new ps1 controllers

7821E473-4003-46BF-9872-4835532087FD_zpsuzrcilvx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Last time I was in Clarehall they had some original Xbox titles out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

DinoRex wrote: »
    Last time I was in Clarehall they had some original Xbox titles out.

I often wonder what does be hiding in stockrooms around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Clarehall also has a giant wall of PS2 Rockband kits. No price tag and too high up to reach even if you wanted to buy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Clarehall also has a giant wall of PS2 Rockband kits. No price tag and too high up to reach even if you wanted to buy it.

I asked last year, they took one down and scanned it, it was over €100 anyway, too expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Spotted these in tesco stillorgan yesterday. If anyone wants some expensive new ps1 controllers

any time I'm in Stillorgan I poke my head in hoping they've reduced them, pity there's no price checker there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

All metal slug mvs carts with shock boxes or original boxes. £265

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68742&title=metal-slug-12345-x-in-shockboxes

NeoGeoset.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68742&title=metal-slug-12345-x-in-shockboxes

NeoGeoset.jpg

Saw those on Jamma+ alright. Cheap considering

• Advertisement

Threw a load of stuff up in the marketplace to help pay for my car woes :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just wish I wasn't going on holidays and needed to save :(

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Did anyone pick up a new 3ds xl? They are around 245 in Smyths and Gamestop but 199 on amazon.de and .fr.

Is amazon a bargain or are the others just a rip off?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Did anyone pick up a new 3ds xl? They are around 245 in Smyths and Gamestop but 199 on amazon.de and .fr.

Is amazon a bargain or are the others just a rip off?

Does the 199 include postage? If it does then bargain, so long as you don't mind waiting for it to arrive (the chaps over on the Nintendo forum waiting on theirs to arrive). Else pay extra and get it straight away, easier to return if there's any issue too I would imagine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Anyone looking to get a run DMD. they are doing a final run over on AO now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone looking to get a run DMD. they are doing a final run over on AO now.

Run DMC?

Oh, Run DMD.... sorry....

http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/awuk-deluxe-flat-pack-cocktail-arcade-cabinet-kit.html

AWUK Deluxe Flat Pack Cocktail Arcade Cabinet Kit

Flat_Pack_Cocktail_Kit_13__44770.1424253332.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

£264.00 (inc VAT)
    £220.00 (exc VAT)
    The AWUK Deluxe flat pack cocktail arcade cabinet kit is professionally manufactured on a state of the art CNC machine, for a perfect finish every time. This kit is ideal for those customers who have always dreamed of owning their own arcade machine and with its sleek looks, is guaranteed to take pride of place in any home games room, man cave or commercial premises. Each cocktail cabinet kit comes complete with chrome t-molding installed, 2 x pre-drilled end to end control panels and a lock/key set as standard. Assembly instructions and fixings are also included in the box.
    What's Included?
    1 x AWUK Deluxe cocktail kit – flat pack
    Chrome T-Molding pre-fitted
    All fixings including lock/key set
    Assembly instructions
    2 x end to end control panels – pre-drilled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

That's ****ing pricey.
    If you want the horizontal control panel and plexiglass top which let's face it you are going to want/need both, you better lube up!
    AWUK DELUXE FLAT PACK COCKTAIL ARCADE CABINET KIT

£378.00 (inc VAT)
    £315.00 (exc VAT)

That's a whopping €511.59 in real money plus shipping :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Hello original working cocktail for that money or even a candy for not far off that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Looks hideous.

As much as an Aero Table looks cool I think most cocktail cabinets don't need more than 2 buttons because who the hell wants to play Street Fighter on one?

Looks hideous.

As much as an Aero Table looks cool I think most cocktail cabinets don't need more than 2 buttons because who the hell wants to play Street Fighter on one?

Agreed about the buttons.

Expensive for cut mdf really.

• Advertisement

That's ****ing pricey.
    If you want the horizontal control panel and plexiglass top which let's face it you are going to want/need both, you better lube up!

That's a whopping €511.59 in real money plus shipping :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Hello original working cocktail for that money or even a candy for not far off that!

Must be easier to buy a set of plans if necessary and have a carpenter cut out the pieces for you.
    The parts that he can't build are easily sourced.
    Or, as suggested, just be patient and wait for a good Candy deal.
    Heck, a decent classic upright pops up on Adverts every few months with everything to get you started, just bung in a Jamma board and tidy sh1t up as you go.

It seems that anything like this is to appeal to the gent who has his own bar and pool/snooker, or in O1s1ns case, billiards table.
    It's priced as a luxury item even though the ones we fell in love with were in the back of a fish and chip shop, or in LongZs case a Escargot and Frites shop....

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

That's ****ing pricey.

You might also want joysticks and buttons, They arent included in the price but some would argue they could be handy to have in the finished product...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

http://multigamesystem.storenvy.com/

Or you could get a fake candy bartop for even more money!

http://multigamesystem.storenvy.com/

Or you could get a fake candy bartop for even more money!

Fools
    Money
    Soon
    Parted

Some people are just asking to have their money bags lightened.
    Once again, for the price of a fake Candy you could have a Candy!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For any of you 3DS owners that haven't played it yet, Virtue's Last Reward is going for €9.99 on the e-shop from Thursday till March 5th, well worth it!

Star Lord wrote: »
    For any of you 3DS owners that haven't played it yet, Virtue's Last Reward is going for €9.99 on the e-shop from Thursday till March 5th, well worth it!

Good game but story makes a lot more sense if you've play the first part, well worth it too and can be picked up cheaply enough from amazon. Wonder will we ever get the final part?

Minty fresh 2600 games :
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/271786788268?_mwBanner=1

Edit : apparently this is John Romero selling these :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

sugarman wrote: »
    Be quick lads,

3DS XL Tesco Direct £99! Works out around €140ish to Parcel Motel

3DS is also only £59 so €90ish to PM

And Finally 2DS are only £49 to €80ish.

Grab a bargain!

They're some crazy cheap prices alright. Direct link here.

Tempted to get a 2DS myself.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-gaming/nintendo-3ds/cat13350021.cat?icid=redirect_3ds&_WebEvents=3ds&_requestid=1957046

o1s1n wrote: »
    They're some crazy cheap prices alright. Direct link here.

Tempted to get a 2DS myself.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-gaming/nintendo-3ds/cat13350021.cat?icid=redirect_3ds&_WebEvents=3ds&_requestid=1957046

I nearly pulled the trigger myself.
    Im been saying I wanted one for ages.
    but what about the new one?
    worth the extra 50e ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I nearly pulled the trigger myself.
    Im been saying I wanted one for ages.
    but what about the new one?
    worth the extra 50e ?

Haven't used one myself yet, but I'd say it is if you didn't already have one. Everything is a little bit quicker on the new one, and loading times seem to be cut in half. Then there'll be the exclusives they'll release just for the new one. The 3D is better too, but I've never used the 3D on my XL.

If you're not worried about that though, then the old one is fine. I've no plans to get rid of my old XL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement