Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Folks,starting to feel guilty now......Stil coming down in Wexford!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Is this a joke?

No!!! , the clouds around wer turning and all!!, it was nearly horizontal but could definitely see it moving!! I took a pic on my phone but can't see, just one giant mass of cloud! Ahh! No 1 else see it?!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Folks,starting to feel guilty now......Stil coming down in Wexford!!!

Thats great, Waterford should get this soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Anyone here wishin they were a kid again??? Snow wouldn't be a hassle, just a deadly opportunity?

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Goodwoman ;)

Nothing here now!

sorry about that,you hear for the long haul ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Off to sleep now.
    Hope to wake up to even more snow!

College is cancelled so tomorrow is my snow day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Are conditions supposed to worsen or improve on Thursday night/Friday morning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Gone a bit quiet in here now so ill repost the clip i took of the snow we had in Waterford City earlier. Might have got lost in the flood of posts earlier.

Off to sleep now.
    Hope to wake up to even more snow!

College is cancelled so tomorrow is my snow day!!

:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Ah the graupel in Tallaght is ruining my fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Stupid Shadow again FFS! :rolleyes:

GO ON YA BOYO!

Coming down in Drogheda, now! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Iancar29 wrote: »
    IS THAT A FUNNEL CLOUD I SEE OVEr FInGLAS TOWARDS CABRA!!!?:eek::eek::eek:

Is it gone? I wanna go outside for a smoke.

Then I want to go to bed. All this snow madness has me worn out!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

GO ON YA BOYO!

Coming down in Drogheda, now! :D:D:D

Are conditions still as bad as earlier up there?

Living in Dundalk but working from Drogheda, don't see myself going in again tomorrow.

i cleaned off the old snow off my car this evening around 7pm,and there must be 4-5 inches of fresh snow on it now :)
    there has been quite a nice dropping of snow here today and this evening,and its still lightly spitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Is it gone? I wanna go outside for a smoke.

Then I want to go to bed. All this snow madness has me worn out!

Ye s unfortunately! , so pi***d off that I dont hav a nite vision camera or something!! That's my first ever funnel cloud! Woo!! That would be at least 2 in ireland in one day if my one actually was something as mothman got some awesome pics of one in Wicklow earlier!!
    Can't see anything else coming in soon on the radar... Mite go to bed now after all that excitement ha .
    Until 2moro people! Slán! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Huge crash of thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

BOOM

Are conditions still as bad as earlier up there?

Living in Dundalk but working from Drogheda, don't see myself going in again tomorrow.

Haven't been in the town itself, but the surrounding areas, Ballsgrove, Rathmullen, Finians Park, etc. are all destroyed. Spent half an hour earlier helping to try and get a van up a footpath into it's drive.

My back garden hasn't been walked in since it began, and there's about 6-7 inches out there at the moment (but as I say, that hasn't been touched). Again, I've no idea what the town or main roads are like, so can't really help you there, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Haven't been in the town itself, but the surrounding areas, Ballsgrove, Rathmullen, Finians Park, etc. are all destroyed. Spent half an hour earlier helping to try and get a van up a footpath into it's drive.

My back garden hasn't been walked in since it began, and there's about 6-7 inches out there at the moment (but as I say, that hasn't been touched). Again, I've no idea what the town or main roads are like, so can't really help you there, sorry.

No worries. I'd be heading for the Greenhills/Newtown area in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

bassy wrote: »
    i cleaned off the old snow off my car this evening around 7pm,and there must be 4-5 inches of fresh snow on it now :)
    there has been quite a nice dropping of snow here today and this evening,and its still lightly spitting.
    were is here?

Well i just popped my head out the window again and it's stopped. Must have only lasted a minute, and it was quite light. Plenty of footprints out the front of my house that haven't been filled in, unfortunately.

Will post if we get anything again. Hopefully some heavy stuff (well.. I hope so anyway).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Im kinnda hammered at the moment but still no snow outside:(
    *opens last bottle of ale*

delw wrote: »
    were is here?

you,ll be happy to hear north kilkenny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Light but consistent snow in Tramore, Co. Waterford.

On another fun note I actually went snowboarding on Train Hill in Tramore today, sharing the slope with a gaggle of teenagers tobogganing on stolen real estate 'for sale' signs. Apt, I thought, given the current state of the country. :D

given the current state of the country. :D

Don't bring that talk in here. There's only one climate in this thread, and it brings happiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

watched latest sat24 run,has wind turned?:confused

edit:no,me getting hopes up,sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Chucking it down big time here on the Carlow Wexford border. Heaviest i've seen it so far. All of todays footprints and car tracks are well covered over. Wind had picked up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

I would just like to say that I am INSANELY jealous of all the snow you're all getting.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

Light but consistent snow in Tramore, Co. Waterford.

On another fun note I actually went snowboarding on Train Hill in Tramore today, sharing the slope with a gaggle of teenagers tobogganing on stolen real estate 'for sale' signs. Apt, I thought, given the current state of the country. :D

Hopefully some will blow to Dungarvan :) Few big clouds passed over my place about half hour ago but they're heading towards Youghal region now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement