Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Lightening now too!! THUNDERSNOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

coming down heaving in celbridge now too.Lighting and thunder aswell.Like hell im going into work for a 4 hour shift :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

This should be renamed the "Dublin snow thread" and another thread opened up for us out of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

vdriver wrote: »
    And just now started to snow in Lucan

Yeah it seems to have eased off again in Lucan.
    Just cleared all the snow off my wife's car. Must have got at least 12cm since Tuesday evening, judging by the amount I cleared off the roof.

snaps wrote: »
    This should be renamed the "Dublin snow thread" and another thread opened up for us out of Dublin.

I've seen Kilkenny mentioned more than anywhere else, so far tonight, I think (I think!).

I've only been discussing Drogheda.

Doesn't really matter where you are, nobody is going to care about the weather around you except... well... the people around you. :)

Just do a search for your location to see what's happened there recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

well looks like ive another day of being stuck in, just got a text from a friend to say road from us to the nearest town is barely passable, hes just after towing a car off it with his tractor, oh and windgates is impassable again for anyone travelling from greystones to bray.

plenty of wicklow and kildare posts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

In Celbridge here and snow coming down heavily. Dublin Bus yet to say on site if buses are going. Left office at 3:15 yesterday but didn't get home til after six cause buses stopped without anyone knowing for definite which ones were out of service. So got train to Maynooth and then collected by car from there.

Should I bother trying to get in this morning? How bad is Dublin/the roads into Dublin, N4 etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Nearly a 1/4 of a million views on this thread alone in less than 24hrs
    216,412:eek::eek::eek:

Heavy Snow in Nrt Co Dublin, Looks like we're out of the IOM shadow!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Please don't tell me there's more on the way today.

• Advertisement

In Celbridge here and snow coming down heavily. Dublin Bus yet to say on site if buses are going. Left office at 3:15 yesterday but didn't get home til after six cause buses stopped without anyone knowing for definite which ones were out of service. So got train to Maynooth and then collected by car from there.

Should I bother trying to get in this morning? How bad is Dublin/the roads into Dublin, N4 etc?

Praying the buses stop.Heres hoping we can rely on the unreliable 67 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Seems to have been a good bit of snow in Maynooth overnight - I went to bed around 2 and the snow was very "messy" outside apartment I.e. Lots of footsteps and people had been having snowball fights etc but it's now completely pure snow again, all previous tracks have been covered and the road which was clearish is White too. Still snowing but v lightly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Dow99 wrote: »
    Nearly a 1/4 of a million views on this thread alone in less than 24hrs
    216,412:eek::eek::eek:

Heavy Snow in Nrt Co Dublin, Looks like we're out of the IOM shadow!

where abouts are you? Nothing here in Donabate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Soby wrote: »
    Praying the buses stop.Heres hoping we can rely on the unreliable 67 :D

Lol I hear ya! 67 is notoriously bad at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Dr Galen wrote: »
    where abouts are you? Nothing here in Donabate

Balrothery,, its been constant for the last 30min :D and from looking at Raintoday,,, we're in for A LOT more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

looks like a lot of buses out of service, or onlya few are operating to certain parts of the route, a few are in full service but for how long ???? the the question

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

bah, now ive been in the shadow to the south for about 2 hours, wile place around 5 miles north get smashed:D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Peckham

Dow99 wrote: »
    Balrothery,, its been constant for the last 30min :D and from looking at Raintoday,,, we're in for A LOT more!!

Lusk getting a plastering too.

My garden sunday
    f3rxnl.jpg
    And in comparison my garden now

24zby81.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

as is usually the case with the weather forum, this current spell has been a great education in all things weather.

Fast becoming a weather geek, it really is mad that Balrothery, where i could chuck a stone to, or Lusk, where I could probably spit to, is snowing yet we've had a decent thaw for the most part and very little overall precip, with damn all of anything staying on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

glossy wrote: »
    looks like a lot of buses out of service, or onlya few are operating to certain parts of the route, a few are in full service but for how long ???? the the question

That's the problem - it took the OH from 3 to 6.20 to get home from Sandyford to Maynooth on public transport yesterday and it would have been longer except I had a bad feeling about buses because Dublin bus website had suddenly become vague so I told him to go get a train - Connolly was heaving and dangerously full, impossible to get on first train that arrived so he got dart to pears and managed to get on a train there. And I've seen a picture showing Connolly got a lot worse once DB announced they were having major problems. Honestly I think most people should stay home today if they can at all. It took a friend 2 hours to drive from Stephens green to the quays also!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

My wife has just driven from Lucan to work in Leixlip. She said the N4 was not great.
    She made it to work ok though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

All clear here again this morning in Rush. Windy all night but that's about it. No visible snow/frost on the ground. The car windscreen is completely clear.

Heading off for Blanchardstown in about half and hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

My husband just dug the car out of the drive way and got stuck a few feet later! Cannot get out at all. We had cleared the drive way making a snowman yesterday and now there is another 4 or 5 inches and drifts of over a foot I would say. Drogheda.

still heavy in leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

What is the weather for south Dublin today ? I don't know whether to go to work or not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Temps dropped to -11.2 here in Donegal last night !!!! Ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Petuleta

More than 2" of new snow in Ashbourne and still falling. Does anybody know how looks N2 to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

adox wrote: »
    All clear here again this morning in Rush. Windy all night but that's about it. No visible snow/frost on the ground. The car windscreen is completely clear.

Heading off for Blanchardstown in about half and hour.

its still snowing heavy here at times, be careful dont think the roads have been gritted again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Measly inch of snow last night, evil buses still running blah, say this will all change in the next 4hrs!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement