Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

wow where?
    Jesus Christ! Has anyone actually looked at the south of England on that radar!? Only looked at it there!

They must be absolutely getting a poundcake of snow!

Better than the Euro cake.. as always..

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

snowing in navan and going by the radar it looks like it while last a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

All quiet in Tallaght. Nice still skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Just walked home from the local(about half mile or so) and my God is it bucketing down the white syuff here,just outside Gorey.

Roads will be a serious no go around here in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

I've been told for years it was one of the biggest snow events we ever had.

I believe it was because a westerly system hit a very cold system and a downpoor of continous snow occured for 12 hours solid??

maybe im wrong?

if any of the snow experts are still here is there a possibility of this happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

scopper wrote: »
    All quiet in Tallaght. Nice still skies.

Yeah this is the longest quiet spell in days.

We're gonna get absolutely flattened by graupel soon i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

Woo! Thundersnow in Phibsboro! Finally get to say it!!!

Jesus Christ! Has anyone actually looked at the south of England on that radar!? Only looked at it there!

it seems there are getting a fair pounding alright

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

The only thing better than snow is THUNDERSNOW. 3 strikes confirmed after a good 15 minute pelt of the graupel in D5 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

craggles wrote: »

Calm before the storm and all that...though at this stage I am really hoping it holds off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Whats the story with friday and snow everyone is say east and midlands is in for a pasting? do yous think itt will be as bad as 1982 because i saw videos on it and i can say if i woke up and there was that much snow outside i would prob faint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

I know its not an aviation thread (so please only reply with the link) but anyone have the link to the radar that shows the airplanes position over dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vdriver

Just went for a drive from lucan to tallaght, back to lucan down to city centre back to lucan and then to blanchardstown and back to lucan....The main roads are ok...manageble, back roads not that bad.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

London is in that area on the radar and it doesn't seem that bad there.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/visit/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Is this just tallaght or all the country?? But specifically, what's going on with taxies in Tallaght, was waiting an hour and a half for one from the Square today. Do Taxi firms not understand Economcs?

ADVERSE WEATHER + **** PUBLIC TRANSPORT = INCREASED DEMAND + MORE BUSINESS

I will never again listen to a taxi driver moan about the lack of business! 90mins of wait in Sub-zero temperatures, when there is an overabundance of taxies in Tallght in ordinary weather is an ABSOLUTE JOKE.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Red sky in Navan..:D

atgate wrote: »
    I know its not an aviation thread (so please only reply with the link) but anyone have the link to the radar that shows the airplanes position over dublin?

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/
    http://casper.frontier.nl/eidw/
    http://www.flightradar24.com/

Take your pick

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pa99

craggles wrote: »

Hopefully. No cars leaving Tallaght tomorrow. Just about made it in. Good fun !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Gonna hit the hay. I actually hope Im awoken at some point by the roof being caved in by graupel!

Goodnight and happy weather watching :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Type flight 24 into google or radar virtuel. Not all aircraft will show up due to not having a ads-b transponder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Thunder an lightning here in finglas towards airport! , coming this way I think, hopefully it has alot more to give off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Judging by the blizzard we're having here on the Dublin coast, I reckon the airport will be shut again.

Didn't get to stay open for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

No college tomorrow, and it is currently snowing again in Navan. Life is good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

seem to be on the edge of the iom shadow hear in north finglas nothing since the wind changed, looks nice to the south east of the city tho :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

NufcNavan wrote: »
    No college tomorrow, and it is currently snowing again in Navan. Life is good. :)

And its gonna be snowing for some time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Judging by the blizzard we're having here on the Dublin coast, I reckon the airport will be shut again.

Didn't get to stay open for long.

Is it snowing much northside.?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement