Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

its snowing here now thanks to that stream in the sea

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Im half way between navan & Kells.

Another 2inchs today
    we had heaps of the stuff earlier today, but nothing this evening aside from a couple of very very light dustings as far as i can tell. :(

was expecting heaps more snow by now, but its not materialised around me, although others seem to be seeing it nearby. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

This is getting ridiculous, it hasnt snowed in about an hour. WTF:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Few pics from Ballycullen this evening....

Attachment not found.Ian 102.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    guys from cork, did any one see a blue flash of light around a hour ago over the city?? i thought i was seeing things. but now i'm curious

Walked the dogs between 10.30 and 11.00, saw nothing but the wind would cut you in 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Balls! That IOM shadow is deepening and could possibly push the showers just shy of the northside. :(

Winds - go east!!

All thats getting me by tonight is the hope of snow and Whitesnake.

Ah, no no no ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

OK, after a few fairly massive showers hitting Maynooth earlier this evening I don't think we will get a lot more as the winds changed direction again and Maynooth is right smack in the middle of the IOM shadow. Which strangely enough might be a good thing given reports of rain and thaw in D15/Lucan. We might still get some more precip as the winds might change overnight, but I don't know if this will be the case.

It seems that there's a lot more to come for Meath and south Dublin/Wicklow overnight as the Irish Sea is full of activity and there's no end to this snow train in sight. If that is snow/graupel, half of the city will be grind to a complete halt in the morning unless temp go up a few degrees.

Good thing I've cancelled a business meeting in Newry in the morning, as much as I like extreme weather driving there at 7am would be over my sanity line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

The 23:45 radar looks good for showers between Dublin city center & Wexford on & off for the next few hours & going quite far inland

Also around Drogheda, navan area.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I'm going to get an early night, night all & hope all your snowy wishes come true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    guys from cork, did any one see a blue flash of light around a hour ago over the city?? i thought i was seeing things. but now i'm curious

yup i saw it, i posted it just after i saw it, but this thread moves so fast it could be pages back by now:),
    i was outside having a cigarette, only saw one flash and heard no thunder, thank god someone else saw it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

still snowing in carlow

i want your wise opinions please.

ive to be in dub airport for 6.30am Saturday morning

what do ye think the weather will be like ?

ive to travel from carlow to dub airport.

will i get there? will the airport be open? rough estimations is fine ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Was snowing like that for hours this evening, huge fluffy flakes, about 10 inches now since yesterday. Its stopped now but there should be more on the way looking at the radar. I guess Tramore being on the coast hurt the quality of your snow there.

West of Tramore has been like that vid on and off all day sometimes lighter, but its giving a good go atm

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Balls! That IOM shadow is deepening and could possibly push the showers just shy of the northside. :(

Winds - go east!!

All thats getting me by tonight is the hope of snow and Whitesnake.

Yep I was thinking that myself - oh well time for bed then. Need my sleep as I've probably got an hours walk to work tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

pp_me wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous, it hasnt snowed in about an hour. WTF:confused:

Don't worry PP plenty of action in the Irish Sea coming our way.

Don't worry PP plenty of action in the Irish Sea coming our way.
    Its not the point. ITS NOT HERE.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Official attack on the I.O.M will commence 0900.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Tune into Dublin Control Tower Approach Frequency, rescue helicopter just scrambled for a rescue operation...

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

Bad decision. The shadow gives the rest of us a very good impression of wind direction :P

;)

you in waterford pp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Waterford will get rain friday, not even freezing rain, it'llbe lovely warm rain. Then it will miraculously turn to snow so that 15 miles up the road i'll get snow and ye'll all be jealous. :P :P :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

;)

Miss it too pp ;) Amazing wasn't it :D

• Advertisement

you in waterford pp?
    Look over there << under my name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Walked the dogs between 10.30 and 11.00, saw nothing but the wind would cut you in 2.

i know.:)

Waterford will get rain friday, not even freezing rain, it'llbe lovely warm rain. Then it will miraculously turn to snow so that 15 miles up the road i'll get snow and ye'll all be jealous. :P :P :P

Ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

The cats get all the good snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Tune into Dublin Control Tower Approach Frequency, rescue helicopter just scrambled for a rescue operation...

wow where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Am ready to go with island depleting bombs whose names haven't even been made public yet.
    1. Codename: Island Killer
    2. Codename: Reduce IOM land level
    3. Codename: Increase IOM sea level
    4. Codename: DeManx-ifier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Its one of the rescue vehicals not the heli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Although, the 00:00 RainToday chart doesn't look to bad for the northside, maybe a few showers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Noooo Waterford(Tramore) need more snow.. I want to build a fort big enough for a few people to walk into but this will take days and much, much snow ans it'll have to stay intact for a long time too..
    Can we make it stop snowing in February? :o:pac:

• Advertisement

Look over there << under my name ;)

It was coming down hard in tramore the last hour, stopped now, And I dont expect people to change whats under their name when they move around, your allowed leave wat too ... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement