Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

pp_me wrote: »
    Ban.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,676 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

One word:Snowmageddon:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

pasting down in donaghmede......heaviest tonight:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

MT said snow so i'll go with him ;)

I hope he is right but with the rise in temps along the south and west that all the models show for Friday morning, I just don't see how it will fall as snow here even with the advantage of having snow on the ground... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

wow where?

Dunno, just heard the PC of Rescue1 asking for clearance and said they were off to rescue one person. As the airport is closed for all other traffic it's all you can expect to hear on the channel at the moment, apart from an incoming Air France aircraft that is expecting to land there when the runway is opened within the next 10 minutes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

anyone watching the weather forecast on rte there?

could fridays meeting of atlantic systems and the severe cold be a 1982 incident?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Am ready to go with island depleting bombs whose names haven't even been made public yet.
    1. Codename: Island Killer
    2. Codename: Reduce IOM land level
    3. Codename: Increase IOM sea level
    4. Codename: DeManx-ifier

Demanxifier is definately my favourite.

Seriously though, whats it got going for it? One boards poster and a motorbike race where loads of people die. Sure no one will miss it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nisior

Where's my snow?? (West Galway) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Can hear some sleet/hopefullynotrain on the roof here in D5.

Thank God were not totally left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

vibe666 wrote: »
    where are all you other navan people getting all this snow from? :confused::(

Did you get your snow yet? should be getting a right pasting now or soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

bladebrew wrote: »
    yup i saw it, i posted it just after i saw it, but this thread moves so fast it could be pages back by now:),
    i was outside having a cigarette, only saw one flash and heard no thunder, thank god someone else saw it!

well i was watching the tv at the time and thought it was the tv. but it happened the other night as well. looked out and heard nothing. it was a nice colour

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

anyone watching the weather forecast on rte there?

could fridays meeting of atlantic systems and the severe cold be a 1982 incident?

:confused:

What happened in 1982?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

del88 wrote: »
    pasting down in donaghmede......heaviest tonight:D

See that big red sky just to my south, precipitating around 1 mile south of here i would imagine.

Is that accumulating, stream looks positive for Howth southwards, you will be on the edge i would say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I hope he is right but with the rise in temps along the south and west that all the models show for Friday morning, I just don't see how it will fall as snow here even with the advantage of having snow on the ground... :(

I see where your coming from, i would normally be thinking the same but MT rarely gets it wrong and obviously he thinks we will be cold enough, so interesting day ahead on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

craggles wrote: »
    What happened in 1982?

rain

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Really heavy graupel falling here

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Ok so I didn't actually go to bed, as the 00.00 had an interesting blob heading my way...and lo and behold I can now hear graupel on the window. Gonna wait for the 00.15 and then I'm hitting the hay....:o

And a bit of thundergraupel too...getting good in D3

And another...damn it...could be up all nite

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Snowing heavy in Navan town now. Looks set to last a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

What happened in 1982?

A major snow event
    I think it only happens every 20 years so we are well overdue !

Thunder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

What happened in 1982?

I've been told for years it was one of the biggest snow events we ever had.

I believe it was because a westerly system hit a very cold system and a downpoor of continous snow occured for 12 hours solid??

maybe im wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Dub Airport runway just reopened...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Yup Real heavy between navan and trim. gonna be down for a long while

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

THUNDERSNOW!! Sorry for shouting but have had nothing for ages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Runway just opened in Dublin airport 2 mins ago so that link is more active now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

See that big red sky just to my south, precipitating around 1 mile south of here i would imagine.

Is that accumulating, stream looks positive for Howth southwards, you will be on the edge i would say.

Thanks.....been on the edge all day.....i'm in a third floor apartment with a clear view from portmarnock to bray of the sea .....could see blue skys over lambay and snow over the city at the same time ......mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Seen that one..light up the sky..am watching the cloud approaching..classic anvil head..here we folks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Big flash and boom in Raheny just there. Being pelted with hail stones

Jesus Christ! Has anyone actually looked at the south of England on that radar!? Only looked at it there!

They must be absolutely getting a poundcake of snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I've been told for years it was one of the biggest snow events we ever had.

I believe it was because a westerly system hit a very cold system and a downpoor of continous snow occured for 12 hours solid??

maybe im wrong?

It was the dogs mickey..:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement