Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

snowing mad heavy in arklow again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

massive grey cloud moving toward portarlington

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just went out to take some pictures. 5-6 inches on the ground here and still snowing! Will put some up in a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

WOW! I was not expecting to wake up to more snow this morning!

It was practically gone yesterday and the road outside my house was slush, but it's all lovely and white again. Back to bed as school and college have been closed on short notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

is there anything going to come to cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Light overnight covering in Donabate. Right on the border for latest showers heading for Dublin. Can see thick dark clouds on one side of the house and almost clear skies on the other. Here's hoping!

whiteout

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

Woke up to more snow with the thunder last night! Not ventured out yet but looks a lot deeper! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    is there anything going to come to cork?

no. we're just doomed down here when it comes to snow! maybe friday but its a long shot.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking south i see big Anvils heading into Dublin Bay.

Can see an anvil heading my way! :) -1.6 DP -5.0c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

First day of Winter today!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

morning all!!

anyone travel this morning from firhouse via m50 to cherrywood - whats the roads like. According to the Rte News website syas theres problems with the M50!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I can almost touch the snow falling to my south!

The cloud base is actually above me but the wind is pushing the precip southwest.

This could be a torturous streamer!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Nice white blanket in Dublin 12, more light snow just starting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kenzi

No snow in Tralee :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You know this cold snap has been going on for a while when you see the Windows 7 weather gadget on your computer in work and think "-1C? That's really not that cold"... *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

North County Dublin must have spent the night in the shadow of the Isle of Man. We look to have had a shower of graupal overnight in Swords, which barely gave a dusting, but it landed on top of the frozen slush from yesterday so stuck, so everything looks white again.

Further south, there seems to have been much better shower activity. South Dublin must have seen a good couple of cms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Bit more snow last night, not a huge amount though. Hoping this streamer will catch us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

Woke at half four in clonee, proper snow shower and about two inches of fresh covering, roads are horrendous! Not snowing right now but I can see heavy clouds in the distance.
    Can I get off this bus now please, get one in the other direction back to bed?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

there seems to be a permanent gap from north county dublin to the south of the liffey and blanch is in that gap - :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wibbler wrote: »
    South Dublin must have seen a good couple of cms.

Got 5 to 7cms here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Beginning to lightly snow here in D13, getting heavier every minute

there seems to be a permanent gap from north county dublin to the south of the liffey and blanch is in that gap - :mad:

That would be thanks to the Isle of Man, we're in its shadow. There's less sea track for the air arriving, so less chance of showers. Either that or there's a conspiracy to keep us snow free.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Serious snow in Navan town now. Decided to stay put, no way i'm driving to Blanchardstown

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Got 5 to 7cms here. :)

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

No snow overnight in Athlone. My outdoor temp sensor says -4.3. The skies are clear. I wonder are we likely to see any more snow today or tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Wibbler wrote: »
    That would be thanks to the Isle of Man, we're in its shadow. There's less sea track for the air arriving, so less chance of showers. Either that or there's a conspiracy to keep us snow free.

the isle of man better keep to the bargain when it's rain clouds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

snowing in Cabinteely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

South D15 here. We had some new snow! Not a huge amount, but enough to make everything white. More interestingly, the road outside is still covered - normally it would be somewhat clear by now due to the traffic.

Not sure if we'll get anymore here. I see a nice big clump coming in for the city at the moment on the radar, but it might just brush here depending on how far west it goes :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

no. we're just doomed down here when it comes to snow! maybe friday but its a long shot.

yup, saw fridays forecast. it looks promising

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement