Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

very heavy powdery snow here for the last 40 minutes can just about see the houses on the other side of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

M2 buoy drop again from -2.4 to -3.0
    Dubin Airport from 0 to -1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Any sneachta for Limerick? :(

Mc Love wrote: »
    Any sneachta for Limerick? :(

Doubtful

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dap75au

Been snowing for about an hour decently in Dublin city centre. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Irish sea has gone very quiet looking at the radar. Come on streamers, you beauties, form!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

It's snowing very heavy in D15 and does not look like it's gonna stop any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Got a good blast in bray, slush is gone and snow is back.
    Stopped for now but i'm happier!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

DrEvil wrote: »
    Doubtful

Thats what I wasnt hoping for :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Alicat wrote: »
    I love this! I'm ordering all my stuff for handmaking Christmas decorations, listening to Christmas music, the candles are lit, the fire is on and it's snowing :D

Not really in the Christmas mood so Ali? :P

It's lovely looking out the window here in Waterford - a nice thick layer of snow. It's the type of snow that would be perfect for a snowball fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

nkay1985 wrote: »

It's lovely looking out the window here in Waterford - a nice thick layer of snow. It's the type of snow that would be perfect for a snowball fight.

Waterford City? Is it still snowing? I'm hoping for a bit more here. Fairly disappointing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Never! :D:p In fact I hate Christmas! :p

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

feck all here in Swords :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n50r-EwCuLw try that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Just rang work, after yesterday I'm not even gonna attempt it today! It's been snowing on and off all night, a good few cms outside. Back to bed for me.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Just rang work, after yesterday I'm not even gonna attempt it today! It's been snowing on and off all night, a good few cms outside. Back to bed for me.

It's not worth driving in it? I have to go from Lucan to DCU later this morning... not sure if I should chance it or not. It looks like we got a fresh covering of snow here in the last few hours

nizo888 wrote: »
    It's not worth driving in it? I have to go from Lucan to DCU later this morning... not sure if I should chance it or not. It looks like we got a fresh covering of snow here in the last few hours

I live in the middle of nowhere, and got badly stuck yesterday. I'm sure you'll be fine.

richers86 wrote: »
    Waterford City? Is it still snowing? I'm hoping for a bit more here. Fairly disappointing so far.

Nah the last snow I saw was about half twelve/quarter to one. Can't believe the huge difference between the city and the county. We had hours of it.
    Alicat wrote: »
    Never! :D:p In fact I hate Christmas! :p

I guessed as much to be honest. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

humph. I'm in the county (Waterford), up high, and only got a sprinkling :mad:. This time it seems height is no help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

More streamers bubbling up in the Irish sea and are Dublin bound, should be here soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

More streamers bubbling up in the Irish sea and are Dublin bound, should be here soon :D

Just noticed that myself woooo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 simondanger

Looks like we had several inches of snow overnight, and still snowing now.

More snow falling in Waterford city! It's already nearly after covering the tracks my car made about six hours ago. Don't think it's been falling too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

very clear sky but has been snowing alot during the night in portarlington.
    6 o'clock last night roads were like ice rink and were not gritted,can only imagine what there like now.

Looks like the streamers had changed direction and now Dublin is back in the shadow. I'm waiting here for more showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Had about 3 to 4 inches here in Drogheda! Had to use the mop to get the snow off the car :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

nizo888 wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't. Chaos on the south side of the M50 last night. I've been on the bus all week and have had no delays/problems anywhere. 2 years ago it took me 7 hours to drive home from Dun Laoghaire....not something I'm keen to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Naas got a decent new covering of snow

A lot to be said for getting the train to work !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

But, on a more positive note, SNOW IN LUCAN! I was woken by hail (I have an internal snow-alarm) at about 3 and the Met Eireann radar is showing heavy here for about that time, so it obviously picked up for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fuppin crazy weather!

Another 4 to 5 cms of snow overnight (will measure when it gets bright). Thundersnow again. Lightning and thunder directly overhead around 0330 and again around 0400.

0.4c DP -3.6c. Wind NE but much lighter this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement