Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

and nothing for your cork neighbours! our only hope is a front pushing up from the south or south east and travelling inland!

Cork us in a very poor position for these type of showers because of its distance from the Irish sea. But don't give up hope, the longer the cold lasts the better your chances...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 teresminor

Looks like we got another inch or two overnight in Dublin 6 & now it's snowing again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Dublin city centre should be getting hit right about now. Or about to be. Any reports?

I think this one might make it to here too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Looks like there is some serious showers on the way over the Dublin Mountains, sky has gone that strange grey, black, bright colour. Everywhere is impassable here, was just outside and no car tyre marks on the hill outside the house, which means they mustn't be able to get up the hill. No bus services here today either all cancelled. Mosst snow i can ever remember and i was a 1978 baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Heavy snow in ballinteer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

Expect delays. Check with your airline before heading to the airport or check the airport website for dep/arrivals.
    thegen wrote: »
    Supposed hot be flying into Dublin from Glasgow tonight at 9.00pm, what are my chances????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Peckham

Serious heavy snow in Blackrock (Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lour26

Good bit of snow in Drogheda this morning, say about three inches :) not going anywhere this morning. Took me three hours to get home last night. When it usually takes me half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Tinahely hot hit hard lastnight. Any reports on road conditions to n11 from tinahely way.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Greystones got about 3-4 inches of snow last night, roads in an awful condition. Just out walking the dog and about 15 cars stuck on a hill of no more than 15-20 degree incline. Unless you have 4 wheel drive and know how to drive dont bother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

had another blast of snow in Athboy during the night and there is a light fall hitting us now!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Just started bucketing down here, with a foot of snow already and another day or 2 of this, i wonder how much snow is going to be on the ground in 48hours, crazy stuff althoughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Cork us in a very poor position for these type of showers because of its distance from the Irish sea. But don't give up hope, the longer the cold lasts the better your chances...

seeing every where else with the amount of snow there getting is torture. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

We got hit by the northern fringe of the shower, fairly heavy snow grains.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No bus services here today either all cancelled.
    Got into work by about 8 no problem after getting the 49 :confused:

Has been 2 short showers of snow in D2 since I got into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

About another 4 inches here last night:)

Winds are causing blizzard like consitions now, heavy snow and gusty winds in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Stopped snowing in Dunshaughlin. Blue skies. Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Snowing in south d15 now. Fine grains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    that means cork as well?? clutching on straws a this stage

Do you not have snow from yesterday? My estate is completely white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

i think we can officially say we have a blizzard in Sandyford. snow is flying off the roof tops with the wind gusts. now bring on the THUNDER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

Have to get to Galway on Friday for a Stag, heading from Dublin, what do you reckon are my chances?

Been hearing mixed reports on how bad Galway is affected and the quality of the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Blizzard conditions in Portmarnock, Nth County Dublin. Whiteout

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cleared my paths and garden table,2 inches of fresh snow lying now.Enniscorthy woke up to a fresh batch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

-7C in East Clare... Roads that aren't the N18 are treacherous. No fresh snow though since yesterday morning's flurries

Have to get to Galway on Friday for a Stag, heading from Dublin, what do you reckon are my chances?

Been hearing mixed reports on how bad Galway is affected and the quality of the road!

Take the train

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Bray is a writeoff ! vevey hill impassible - papa Smurf remembers thelast time impassible - 1982.. woohoo !!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

the most severe weather yet, surely...really bad.

ehh....of course, its great!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

V light snow in Dublin 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Well the Nortside has snow at last , f u shadow :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement