Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

The last time Met Eireann predicted heavy snow for Dublin and widespread armageddon, it resulted in the end of the big freeze (for me anyway), a mixture of sleet and rain melted everything within 24 hours.
    So i'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I think Darman said yesterday there would be a slight temp rise today, but will be brought back down from tommorow, then it looks like its could get a bit milder towards the weekend, hope that atlantic muck dosent come back

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

my EXTREMELY CALM father in law just said to me, book a room NOW in a hotel... as soon as this info sinks in, these rooms will be gone!

eeek!

So, currently booking a hotel room.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Are there any approaching systems to the south of Ireland, that could lead to a battle ground? With large amounts of snow? I know there were talks about the a low coming up from the south. If that happened it surely would be epic for us in Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Forget it Corkie!! Dream on.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

starting to snow at the raddison in booterstown

Spindle wrote: »
    Are there any approaching systems to the south of Ireland, that could lead to a battle ground? With large amounts of snow? I know there were talks about the a low coming up from the south. If that happened it surely would be epic for us in Cork :D

Maybe towards the weekend, but wont be really much in cork would be more rain and sleet

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Successfully booked into Clarion at Airport... whew...

getting SUPER grey here in Rathfarnham... I lived a decade in Boston, and that grey says SNOW to me!

Eeeeeeek!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Snowing now in Dublin city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Snowing in city centre now..im up on pembroke street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

5starpool wrote: »
    Snowing now in Dublin city centre.

Jinx :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

Starting to snow now in Dublin 1

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Jinx :D

Stopping now anyways. From the radar, it just skimmed us here. Darker skies to the south though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Can I have a link to the radar!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

www.raintoday.co.uk

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

6AM Precip looks good

attachment.php?attachmentid=137167&stc=1&d=1291036817

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

inabina wrote: »
    those near radio, put on radio 1 now for weather 1250

How was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fitefuaite

verportal.map?LAYERS=background%2Cproff.Nedbor_1t%2Ccoastlines&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_xml&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&SRS=EPSG%3A41000&TIME=2010-11-30T07%3A00&BBOX=-1249.9053966372,6881.2398781533,-624.43268319178,7506.7125915988&WIDTH=512&HEIGHT=512

Definitely snow for later tonight for the midlands....

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Laois/Portlaoise/advanced_map.html

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

a few flakes off St Stephens green (looking west).

but it's stopped now...

• Advertisement

Nice forecast from Nuala Carey on Rte 1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭nilhg

Clara Finkler just forecast 10 inches of snow for Dublin tonight and tomorrow on the news:eek:

nilhg wrote: »
    Clara Finkler just forecast 10 inches of snow for Dublin tonight and tomorrow on the news:eek:

was it ten inches or ten cms?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

We are back to mostly rain but with a hint of sleet here on the coast near Malahide. Thaw speeding up. This will only get worse through the rest of today and overnight. I suspect there will be more rain then anything else. Tomorrow should see snow return to coastal loactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

For those wondering about snow for the West.There is an increased chance of snow showers later in the week.Till then we just get some of the coldest nights,-9 last night in County Galway,dammm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Jake1 wrote: »

Up to 10 inches in Wicklow and up to 8 inches for parts of Dublin and Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭nilhg

Jake1 wrote: »

Inches, thought it was strange that she'd be using that measure but that's what she said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

I think Evelyn must have held the meteireann website editor at gunpoint to type that forecast and warning today.
    I can picture it clearly ... "But Evelyn, 20cm .. that's nearly 8 inches!! We can't do that!" ... "Ok smartass, lets make that 25cm ... how do you like 10inches! Type it now or get a bullet in the head!" :D

edit: Sound like she's made it to the TV studio now too, poor Nuala must have been petrified :O

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Nice forecast from Nuala Carey on Rte 1:D

Excellent forecast from Nuala, plenty of snow for the east, south east and south tomorrow. it should be on here in a few mins http://www.rte.ie/news/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i am looking at the radar and see nothing coming in for the east and south east are people sure that we will get the snow thats been talked about

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement