Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

This is what we want again people ! :D
    wxwhy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Thaw is on here now.

think things are gonna turn marginal from now on as the breeze kicks up, hopefully we have succession of snow showers to top things up

Still a 3 inch covering all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

cloud has developed over dublin already so some convection happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Thaw allready? are you on the coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Gone very dark and cloudy in south Dublin no snow yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

no thaw on here, starting to get a bit bored of this cold spell now. The snow which we had Friday night/Saturday is now nothing more than 2 inchs of frozen ice and it's been dry and sunny/frosty since Saturday evening. Still no signs of anything exciting approaching, perhaps yet another South Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford event tomorrow?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Gonzo wrote: »
    no thaw on here, starting to get a bit bored of this cold spell now. The snow which we had Friday night/Saturday is now nothing more than 2 inchs of frozen ice and it's been dry and sunny/frosty since Saturday evening. Still no signs of anything exciting approaching, perhaps yet another South Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford event tomorrow?

I'm with ya, in Trim here. Saturday's snow is still here, nothing new though since. The forecast seems to suggest that showers could cross the country though tonight so we might see something yet:
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Clouds over dublin now, looking NNE from bottom of dublin mountains (d24)

137152.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Bit of a thaw started here as well, still about 3 inches everywhere and even where the sun is shining its still thick with snow but I can definitely see a difference. I can see the top of the kerbs along the driveway for the first time since Friday but its not going to melt for quite a while yet.

Lots of showers still north of here but doesnt look like any will make it this far south. That seems to be our last chance for the week judging by the charts so I'm all for the snow melting on the road and fotpaths. The street here has been literally impassable since this time yesterday, not a sign of a gritter anywhere so anyone relying on a car is stranded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 fitefuaite

Very exciting....

Weather Warning

Issued at 29 November 2010 - 11:40
    SNOW WARNING
    Heavy snowfalls expected tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night in east Leinster with accumulations of 5-10cm of snow in inland locations and 10-20cm in Counties Louth and Dublin and 15-25cm in County Wicklow.

Valid from: 18:00 29/11/2010
    to: 00:00 01/12/2010

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

fitefuaite wrote: »
    Very exciting....

Weather Warning

SNOW WARNING
    Heavy snowfalls expected tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night in east Leinster with accumulations of 5-10cm of snow in inland locations and 10-20cm in Counties Louth and Dublin and 15-25cm in County Wicklow.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

8 inches of snow for Dublin? Media meltdown imminent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

and even Limerick might see some of the action tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fitefuaite

It's going to be a snow whopper!!!

Loving this thread btw. Very addictive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Very exciting....

Weather Warning

SNOW WARNING

4 to 8 inches for Dublin.? Damm !!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Interesting forecast by Accuweather. Seems to point that the snow will be intense enough to carry SW and carry through to Kerry for snow by 6am onwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

anoble66 wrote: »
    and even Limerick might see some of the action tomorrow :D

where do you see that from?! seems an east coast event!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Very exciting....

Weather Warning

SNOW WARNING

Very unusual for Met Eireann to come out with such a county specific warning. Will be interesting to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

This is very exciting,dublin and along the east coast is going to get some dumping:):D;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

25cm in one night :eek:

It was nice not being jealous yesterday for a change but back to the usual tonight it seems

• Advertisement

the weather forecast on rte, looks to me very much like that snow will come over the midlands tomorrow afternoon / evening. fingers and toes crossed :)

where do you see that from?! seems an east coast event!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Very unusual for Met Eireann to come out with such a county specific warning. Will be interesting to see what happens.

And their estimates are usually on the conservative side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

anoble66 wrote: »
    the weather forecast on rte, looks to me very much like that snow will come over the midlands tomorrow afternoon / evening. fingers and toes crossed :)

well you see to have three counties covered! noticed accuweather as well which is encouraging though not sure if any human input into that. fairly impossibe to predict with any great accuracy as to how those showers will react overland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

legendary-thread.jpg

My better half reckons I'm being smug because I got the forecast from here and it was 100% correct,the amount of people I met that said the snow was unexpected.

keep the faith man, it will happen - that's what I have convinced myself :pac:

well you see to have three counties covered! noticed accuweather as well which is encouraging though not sure if any human input into that. fairly impossibe to predict with any great accuracy as to how those showers will react overland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I can only assume that Met Eireann are covering their bases due to the risk involved if it happened. This weather could still end up being heavy sleet with the models suggesting it will be a borderline event on the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A bit annoying for those of us in the west that there will be no decent frontal snow event on Thursday/ Friday. Still on the positive side at least there is no real sign of milder weather on the cards at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

A bit annoying for those of us in the west that there will be no decent frontal snow event on Thursday/ Friday. Still on the positive side at least there is no real sign of milder weather on the cards at the moment.

True but I'm just glad its not the horrible rain and rather mild weather we often get.
    Still it would be nice to get a nice heavy snowfall here in the west and north west before this cold spell ends ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bkelly86

Any chance of seeing more snow in Laois over the next few days?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I love the way they mention Louth, Dublin and Wicklow in the snow warning and leave out Meath! I would love to see one decent dumping of snow here and then be done with the cold spell come the weekend coz this will outstay it's welcome as the day's go on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement