Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Provider? What Type Of Broadband? Broadband In My Area? !!POST HERE ONLY!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Hi

I'm moving to a place just off Stanhope Street in athy, I know UPC dont provide broadband for that aera, does anyone have an suggestions for an alternative to eircom

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hi

I'm moving to a place just off Stanhope Street in athy, I know UPC dont provide broadband for that aera, does anyone have an suggestions for an alternative to eircom

thanks

Hi

There are other alternatives to Eircom in Athy in the form of fixed wireless. I can think of 2 companies that provide such a service. Digiweb according to their website (http://www.digiweb.ie) have their Metro fixed wireless there and Imagine may have their wimax service there too. However in the case of Imagine check your new address on their website (http://www.imagine.ie) just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hi

There are other alternatives to Eircom in Athy in the form of fixed wireless. I can think of 2 companies that provide such a service. Digiweb according to their website (http://www.digiweb.ie) have their Metro fixed wireless there and Imagine may have their wimax service there too. However in the case of Imagine check your new address on their website (http://www.imagine.ie) just to be sure.

thanks cunn, will give them a buzz on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Hey guys.

I just moved out here to Lisnagry, Co. Limerick and the landlord has tasked me with investigating his broadband options.

Unfortunately UPC and Digiweb Metro are unavailable.

So it's between Magnet and Vodafone's 24MB DSL offerings. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭bookmad

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there are any providers that offer 9 month contracts? We want wireless internet with a fairly large download allowance, but we're students so we'll only be living in the house for 9months. Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks. :)
    i think UPC has offered this or they did last year it was called Ultimate Student Saver Package , i have asked on their online agency and one of the persons says that it comes out at around September the first if you can wait till then
    Source :
    Toni : Welcome to UPC. My name is Toni. How can I help you today?
    you: hi, im just wondering if there is the student deal happing again this year , the 9mnt contract one ?
    Toni : I wouldn't have any information on this at the moment, but just taking from the pattern from previous years, this generally comes in around the 1st of September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭bookmad

Hi , i was just wondering if you know what's available in the Kilcolgan region Eircom isn't cutting it at the moment , also Digiweb was not much better .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

We've got a Sky Conway line in our new apartment - it this company still as awful as my quick googling has lead me to believe? UPC aren't available in this apartment block, not really sure what my options are. Conway are offering 20mb no contract broadband for €27 - suspicious much...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭aka Dus

Would I be right in thinking there is a general disappointment with the Eircom service among the more informed posters here?

No UPC in my area so Eircom's 8MB package at €50 per month (€45 for the first 6 months) does seem the next best option.

Digiweb comes in at over €60 for their 7GB service and Imagine are looking for €50 per month for their 3GB service (and a €100 installation charge)

My parents have Eircom's 3GB service and it has always seemed fine - I don't game or download much, though I do stream a lot of content.

Thanks for all the posts in the thread thus far BTW, very informative.

Any body use Skytel in Wexford and have any experience they would like to share?

http://www.skytel.ie/index.php?id=4

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chestnutmom

Hi
    I read recently that Permanet have upgraded their wireless broadband in Kerry (from the Slieve mish mast). I am thinking of trying them as I have Eircom at the moment and I can't get higher than 1Mb as (they say) the quality of my line is poor.
    I live in Castleisland. Is anyone from my area using Permanet and can they recommend them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 davidtorbitt

Hi

I'm moving to about half way up St Johns Point at Dunkineely in Donegal and I wanted to know could anyone advise me on what broadband providers are available in that area and what types of broadband are available?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Hi

I'm moving to about half way up St Johns Point at Dunkineely in Donegal

Thanks

try northwest electronics : http://www.nwewn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hi,

Are there any alternatives to eircom in the Kiltiernan/Enniskerry areas?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I'm moved into a student house with 8 other people, ad we're trying to pick an internet provider. Vodafone seems the best one that's available to us, but it has a monthly cap of 24MB and 350gb download limit or something!

Would that not be enough for 9 studnets, using internet quite often? It's Vodafone by the way!

Any opinions will help!

:D

aka Dus wrote: »
    Any body use Skytel in Wexford and have any experience they would like to share?

http://www.skytel.ie/index.php?id=4

FYI Wexfordians, I have installed Skytel and am so far very happy
    • Wexford based company
    • Installation charge (including Wifi router and extension pole to improve line of sight to transmitter) €100
    • €30 per month for 18 MB package (getting 17 MBs download speed)
    • 6 month contract
    • Personal customer service

Makes Eircom look foolish, TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

broadband options around Ballinalee (north Co. Longford)? Have checked mobile providers only 1 has coverage in area I'm looking at. Suggestions appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭katerina621

Any suggestions on broadband? UPC doesn't cover this area. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Any suggestions on broadband? UPC doesn't cover this area. Thanks

Maybe net one : http://www.net1.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I live in Deepforde in Drogheda and we're currently with Eircom on a 8Mb plan, but when we have two laptops and our 2 smart phones connected to Wi-Fi the signal becomes very poor. I'd love to get fiber optic broadband in but nothing exists at the moment ( eircom supposedly will be applying this in 2013, but not sure when) so I'm looking for something better. Any idea what providers are available in my area with a decent speed? A couple of neighbours have utv that's suppose to be delivering 24Mb but they are only getting 12M. So any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Hi All,

Any thoughts on the best option for broadband in Bruree, Co Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

lking for bb options in limerick, close to childers road...bengal terrace....what are my options

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eclair212

Does anyone know what options are available for Broadband in the Crosshaven Co Cork area?

Currently have no phone line and have no real need to have a phone and broadband package that eircom are offering, are there alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Neffa2

As posted in other threads, just installed Wicklow Broadband fixed wireless in Dalkey. Huge, huge improvement from the 1.5MB down/0.2MB up I had with eircom.

Now I have ~10MB down/2MB up, with much better ping times.

2204751856.png

If you are outside the UPC area in Dalkey or Killiney, this is highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Hi all,

I've been out of the country for three years or so, so I'm not quite up to speed with the BB situation in Ireland....still, I fear this will be a foolish question. Are there any broadband providers in the Waterford/Tramore area (or anywhere else for that matter) in Ireland who provide broadband on a monthly contract basis? I'm not talking about 3G, I'm quite the gamer so would need something with a reasonable ping.

I fear that I've been spoilt here in Germany by a company that provides an ADSL service on a monthly contract basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

I just resurected an old thread about this but might have better luck here asking...

I curently am in and area that can't get UPC and I don't want to get Over the Air internet or eircom. So I'm left with the Smart or Magnet option I think. Which did you choose, anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks

Oh and christophicus, I think magnet is free of a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mick_murphy

Hi, I have a few questions about mifi mobile broadband. I'm thinking about getting the E586 on either O2 or 3.

They are advertising download speeds of up to 21mbps. What kind of speeds are ye getting in Dublin?

Does the mifi modem act like a regular router in that I can share files between across the network between computers, and wireless harddrives and printers?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Neffa2

I was getting 6-7MB down/1MB up on O2 in South Dublin. 3 was usually slower, but still acceptable - 3MB down/1.5MB up. This was on a MiFi which could get to 21MB, I very much doubt you would ever get this consistently.

If you have a phone which tethers, then use it as a test, you can get a prepay SIM for free or for very little and see what you get.

Also, check the comreg site for the mast location, you'll see where your nearest one really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Make21

Some opinions wanted - I have the choice of either Vodafone or Eircom for my new broadband connection. Both offer up to 24Mbps to my address and are similar in price.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

Need some advice
    Got an offer from Vodafone. For 52 euros i'll get 300GB download, 8MB speed (i've got 7MB at moment), 60 free minutes national to EU landline, 200 minutes to 3 mobile Vodafone numbers. I'm really looking for download without any limits and more than 60 free minutes to EU landline. Not interested in free minutes for Vodafone mobile numbers. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

Hi guys help some help as to what do people find the best broadband in the ranelagh/rathmines area?

Advertisement