Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow/sleet REPORTS - 23/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Sleet reported at Bellmullet for 1300.

Temp Here : 4 degrees
    Wind Chill : 2.6 degrees
    Dew Point : 0.89 Degrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

moderate sleet mixed with snow here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gonzo beag

Has being snowing heavily here for the last 10 minutes. Nice big flakes. Not sticking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

First snow here, lasted 2 minutes.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Snowing all day here so far on and off, just got caught out in a shower while walking home and it was blowing right into my face which wasnt too nice.

Not sticking obviously but theres been lots of hail too which hasn't really been melting in grassy areas

If the ground gets cold enough tonight we might have a good covering tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

Light snow/sleet in Louisburgh, where it never snows, at just a few feet above sea level a while ago. Not a hope of it sticking though it doesnt even feel very cold outside, probably 5-6 degrees. Damn mild Atlantic surrounding us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Some sleet falling now in Sligo town albeit very light. The top of Benbullben is getting a dusting of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

happy to report light snow in Galway

edit: lasted about 10 mins, looks like theres more rolling in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

KNOCK AIRPORT RECENT SNOW
    BELMULLET RECENT SNOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Snow Galway knockdoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Can confirm, wet snow/sleet turning to snow at times in Athenry as I passed through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Snowing in Athenry. Fields are going white. Sky looks to be full of snow.

Yipee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Clear blue sky in cork :rolleyes:

Satellite shows the band of showers in the WESSSHT well :)
    WEB_sat_vis_irl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

dave1982 wrote: »
    Clear blue sky in cork :rolleyes:

Clear blue sky in Dublin too, but it had better hurry up and snow, I bought some new wellies today so I could go out with the camera and keep my socks dry! :D

THIS FORUM IS TRENDING AT THE TOP ON BOARDS NOW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Literally a handful of flakes, looked like very light sleet, in south D15 a couple of minutes ago.

:):D:)
    136548.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Iancar29 wrote: »
    THIS FORUM IS TRENDING AT THE TOP ON BOARDS NOW :)
    on TWITTER next ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

A few flakes falling in Blanchardstown. People I know in Dundalk reporting snow too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

stakey wrote: »
    A few flakes falling in Blanchardstown. People I know in Dundalk reporting snow too.

:( not by me it's not blue sky well dusk skys

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

All clear in Cork City, looking forward to some of the white stuff if it makes its way here

looking west

P1030065.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Only snow in Dublin City Centre is the fake kind coming out the front of Brown Thomas, half the people on Grafton st look like they have scalp issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Only snow in Dublin City Centre is the fake kind coming out the front of Brown Thomas, half the people on Grafton st look like they have scalp issues!

Ha ha!! Yeah I get to see that sillyness everyday myself (work just off Grafton Street)

So what are the chances of a decent lashing this weekend? (of snow I mean :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Heavy snow in Galway again and its sticking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Nice bit of lying snow in the fields and on the hills on the drive from Gort to Loughrea about a half hour ago, a few flakes since but not much, car temp was showing 0C as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Bucketing down here now as well, best shower we've had all day and the first one of pure snow with no hail mixed in. Sticking for a while but still not any more than a minute before it melts.

Theres an improvement with every shower though so eagerly awaiting the next one! Raintoday is being perfectly accurate as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Snowing heavily and lying in Monaghan atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭joe199

any pictures lads?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Got a dusting here. Only a little but it's not melting. Fingers crossed for more...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement