Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow/sleet REPORTS - 23/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain in meath 101m asl, not a chance of snow here tonight, will propably freeze later when the rain clears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Had a sleet/wet snow shower earlier but has turned to rain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Snowing in Lacken just outside of Blessington just starting to stick :D Keep it coming!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

claytonie wrote: »
    Snowing in Lacken just outside of Blessington just starting to stick :D Keep it coming!!!!

So 200m is the magic number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

the effect of this front moving down the west coast

http://www.quinweather.com/wxtrends.php

• Advertisement

Still coming down with the flakes varying from big to small, hopefully carries on all night and will be nice and white out tomorrow :)
    So 200m is the magic number.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

claytonie wrote: »
    Snowing in Lacken just outside of Blessington just starting to stick :D Keep it coming!!!![/QUOT

Just got a text from the folks visiting friends in Lacken and they said its snowing nicely !!! Grew up there, miss the snow.......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Driving from Dublin to newbridge , about 30mins ago and there was sleet falling from j3 on the N7 most of the way to j12 newbridge
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭arctictree

Supercell wrote: »
    Raining in Dublin city centre at the moment.
    Arctictree, cheer me up and tell me its snowing there ..

Nope, very light rain here. Temp is +1.2c

I think we have to wait for later when its gets heavier maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Snowing here at the moment. I live a few miles outside Gorey, Co Wexford :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Driving from Dublin to newbridge , about 30mins ago and there was sleet falling from j3 on the N7 most of the way to j12 newbridge
    :D

Annual Toughers snowball fight ? lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

we have snow.

ok ok it might not have covered the cars with anything that u could even roll up into a ball,
    but its still snow.

must have been a 3 sec shower!!!!

but still snow

So that seems to be the end of the snow here, just turned to a light drizzle now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Just saw news sat is the easts best chance:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Just heard Bingo cancelled in Fintown (Co. Donegal) tonight....:p Snow!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Annual Toughers snowball fight ? lol :D

We may have to wait for few days , temp and dp seem to be rising and its more misty type of rain now

lolli wrote: »
    Snowing here at the moment. I live a few miles outside Gorey, Co Wexford :D:D:D
    oooh interesting
    Higher ground? craanford or somewhere? holyfort?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

What is going on, temperatures on the rise big time. Has the atlantic broken through? This morning all the hills/mountains around my town were all snow capped, but the rain has been horrendous tonight, 5.8c here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

snaps wrote: »
    What is going on, temperatures on the rise big time. Has the atlantic broken through? This morning all the hills/mountains around my town were all snow capped, but the rain has been horrendous tonight, 5.8c here now.

NRA are providing their data from their road network to my site as and from this evening.

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/2010/11/latest-conditions-around-ireland.html

The surface and air temps are listed. Baltinglass and Arklow out in front in terms of low temps. Everything in the western half of the country is 4-5c or so. This is the warm sector MT and others referred to associated with this front.

All will change once the front passes and technically, the cold spell officially commences as and from tomorrow.

snaps wrote: »
    You're just unlucky enough to be pulling in unwanted maratime air.It's in the mix,worst where you are.
    It's hours are numbered though so don't worry.
    Polar air will soon tell it where it can stick it's rain :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Temperature, dewpoint, wind and significant weather reports for 9pm

we have lots of hail.

everything is white.

thats about http://www.gov.im/transport/webcam/webcam.aspx?webcam=7 400meters

home here is about 150meters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Hail shower here, first one since last night but its quickly passed. Doesnt feel particularly cold out at all

taken about 10 mins ago.

vary local weather, only really white in say a 2 mile radius.

and thats going higher normaly as well.
    sleet and snow every where eles but in this little pocket its snow.
    but it is melting vary wt underneather, but more fun for sideways action in the truck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Does the isle of man usually get much snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

eskimocat wrote: »
    Just heard Bingo cancelled
    Dissapointed?? :P

Pangea wrote: »
    Does the isle of man usually get much snow?

it prob gets 3 to 4 white days a year on the hills,

norm get say 1 day like today where we wake up and the roads at lower lvls are white. norn lasts till the sun comes up.

loast year was the most snow id seen in 15 years odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Uninspiring weather forecast from - who else- Gerry Murphy on the radio . Listening to him I got the impression of a few Coastal wintry showers. And frosts at night.The man really hates the word 'snow'.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Uninspiring weather forecast from - who else- Gerry Murphy on the radio . Listening to him I got the impression of a few Coastal wintry showers. And frosts at night.The man really hates the word 'snow'.:rolleyes:

MT in his forecast certainly has the snow being more widespread than just coastal wintry showers. hope it materialised that way though yr.no has no snow for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

There's a light dusting above ~400m on the mountains to the south of me here in Tallaght.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement