Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We don't want a thread on every little thing you think about the economy - superlock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

ah grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

How are you felling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I use an axe usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I have a fake Christmas tree, so i don't need to fell one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

They did come up with that plan for them to provide a "community service" e.g. pick up **** etc. in order to prove they are "willing to work" but the idea was never heard of again for some reason, beats me.

I don't mind Job seekers benefit which is PRSI contributions giving people who lost their Jobs one year MAX of dole cause anyone who really wants to work would find work within a year. What I have a problem with is Job seekers allowance which is what the scroungers have been on for years

Are they being made to pick up shit to collect their dole yet

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

how do we know you're not some sort of imposter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Who are you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

johnn wrote: »
    Are they being made to pick up shit to collect their dole yet

:cool:

no but they better hurry up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

ah, there ya are now!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Doll.
    Pick up their Doll

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I would suggest a calmer approach to AH if you wish to stay back Johnn.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

This legend says it best!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koY6kXhQDQo&feature=player_embedded

How can we continue to prosecute minor thefts when the real criminals are at large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Criminals are always at large.

It's not fair.

They should leave him alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Its even better the 7th time....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

The government are not stupid, they knew what they were doing.
    Apologists can suck my farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

The reason I ask is this, to the best of my knowledge it hasn't snowed in Dublin City centre area since Thursday last week and yet most footpaths that I can see around the place are like skating rinks!

I reckon those who have been on the dole for 5+ years (without medical certs to say they're unfit for work) should be told straightforward "if you want to claim your dole money next week, then here's a shovel and a brush, get out and clear the ice off those footpaths"

It may sound draconian but I don't understand why this sort of stance isn't taken with them, what excuse did these people have for not obtaining even the most basic work during the boom years? I'm certainly not aiming this post at folk who have become redundant in the past couple of years, many of them most likely worked for many years, it's aimed squarely at those layabouts who feel that everyone else should pay for their way of life, and that includes the travellers, ah sure I'm being discriminated against boss, well education or no, I'm sure you can figure out how to lift a shovel and use a brush yeah?

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I honestly don't feel that I am, if working people are keeping the long term unemployed going then I don't think it's too much to ask for something in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

steddyeddy wrote: »
    How can we continue to prosecute minor thefts when the real criminals are at large

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I must say im delighted to find such a new and fresh issue to talk about in AH

Thank you!

We've had this one before OP. Please stick to the existing threads where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

The reason I ask is this, to the best of my knowledge it hasn't snowed in Dublin City centre area since Thursday last week and yet most footpaths that I can see around the place are like skating rinks!

I reckon those who have been on the dole for 5+ years (without medical certs to say they're unfit for work) should be told straightforward "if you want to claim your dole money next week, then here's a shovel and a brush, get out and clear the ice off those footpaths"

It may sound draconian but I don't understand why this sort of stance isn't taken with them, what excuse did these people have for not obtaining even the most basic work during the boom years? I'm certainly not aiming this post at folk who have become redundant in the past couple of years, many of them most likely worked for many years, it's aimed squarely at those layabouts who feel that everyone else should pay for their way of life, and that includes the travellers, ah sure I'm being discriminated against boss, well education or no, I'm sure you can figure out how to lift a shovel and use a brush yeah?

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I honestly don't feel that I am, if working people are keeping the long term unemployed going then I don't think it's too much to ask for something in return.

What's your job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Can we have a moratorium on this subject? The half life between appearances of this BS has fallen to less than a day now, ffs.
    At this rate, every other thread on the site will be about this crap by next Tuesday.
    You want the unemployed to work, OP? That's something you and the unemployed have in common. But why should they work for feck all and you work for a wage?

Hello OP. Unfortunately this topic has come up a number of times in AH of late. Usually in existing threads. If you want to discuss this further I would suggest the Irish economy or budget forums. Drop me a PM to clarify if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

I was wondering, how many of you (if any) are actually fed up, sick and tired of this economy bullsh1t talk no matter when or where you are? I'm totally sick of reading/listening/being told about banks, property prices, negative equity, government and recession in general. Life goes on, how long can a sane person stand this doom and gloom for?
    Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Irony or wha OP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Isn't this thread a thread about recession in a way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

ahhhhh i see what you are doing here op...:D

by posting in the thread i'm admitting im not tired of talking about it.......:D

better luck at catching me next time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Took a large dump in a city-centre shitter today and had to fork out 50c for a wodge of machine dispensed arse wipe paper.:eek:

Didn't think things were that bad, cost me €2.50:eek:

Should have hung the badge in the sink:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭charlie1966

Are we not just talking about the psychological affects of talking about the recession and not about the recession itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

yawn......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Are we not just talking about the psychological affects of talking about the recession and not about the recession itself.
    I am talking about this constant moaning, no matter what paper I read or what website I look at. Yes, I would say psychological effects, it just purely started to pi55 me off, like there was totally NOTHING else going on anywhere in the bloody world. This constant black PR does nothing (prove if otherwise) but increases hysteria, stress and depression.

Today everyone, even 17 year old kid from the neighborhood is an expert in economy. WTF???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement