Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Just got back from seeing the Boys in Newcastle . I hate to say it, but i think it was a better gig than Dublin . It was totally ****ing awesome . They absolutley blew the place away, and despite what i expected pre 12th may the crowd were far more enthusiastic especially in the first half which i thought was quite subdued in Dublin.also a lot more pyrotechnics etc . And as for the merchandise, the T-shirts were dearer than Dublin, but all the more expensive stuff was way cheaper, eg, the Hoodies, €90 in Dub, £60 in UK. What a night tho, totally unreal, and then walking back up thru the city centre, The Talent? if only i was 20 years younger !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Just heard, 9000 tickets made available for Dublin, 8875 sold.:cool:
    125 off a sell out, impressive for a band with no real exposure here and who's last album peaked at no 80 in the Irish charts. apparently Ray Daniels was more than pleased, i think we may see them back next tour (hopefully there will be one)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

galwayrush wrote: »
    125 off a sell out, impressive for a band with no real exposure here and who's last album peaked at no 80 in the Irish charts. apparently Ray Daniels was more than pleased, i think we may see them back next tour (hopefully there will be one)

Yeah, had an idea scanning venue, it looked pretty full. Is figs reliable do you think, if the case they will def come back, and will no doubt sell out next time, as reviews of gig & general european leg have been great from fans & critics alike, even the "old" rush fans on TNMS have been running out of superlatives!:D

Yeah, had an idea scanning venue, it looked pretty full. Is figs reliable do you think, if the case they will def come back, and will no doubt sell out next time, as reviews of gig & general european leg have been great from fans & critics alike, even the "old" rush fans on TNMS have been running out of superlatives!:D

Figures were spied on from Ray Daniel's spread sheet on a flight from Dublin to Glasgow.

:pac:Old Rush Good, new Rush.............:pac:LOL

Figures were spied on from Ray Daniel's spread sheet on a flight from Dublin to Glasgow.

:pac:Old Rush Good, new Rush.............:pac:LOL

Nick seems to be mellowing in his old age!:D. Great to see gig numbers as good, cold war plane spying, magic also! Have you managed any more gigs Tom? I'm off to London for the O2 gig on weds, looking forward to it as they seem to be on fire on the UK leg, even though I'm up with the gods, will need a parachute to get to the bar/toilets!:(

• Advertisement

Nick seems to be mellowing in his old age!:D. Great to see gig numbers as good, cold war plane spying, magic also! Have you managed any more gigs Tom? I'm off to London for the O2 gig on weds, looking forward to it as they seem to be on fire on the UK leg, even though I'm up with the gods, will need a parachute to get to the bar/toilets!:(

Unlikely, for circumstances beyond my control, slim chance for London, slightly better for Rotterdam, all down to how wife's feeling.( recovering from illness)

Unlikely, for circumstances beyond my control, slim chance for London, slightly better for Rotterdam, all down to how wife's feeling.( recovering from illness)

Sorry to hear, hope she recovers fine, family first at all times, at least you got to see them in your homeland at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Flying to Frankfurt on Friday. Picking up a rental bike (Yamaha R6) and riding to Bastogne, Belgium on Saturday. Riding back to Frankfurt through Luxembourg on Sunday, and then catching the Rush show.:D

Alternatively, if the ash cloud doesn't feck off, I'll be sitting at home watching the rain on Sunday...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nebbish

send an email to rushtshirt@gmail.com with your size :)
    if your interested in the shirt...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Especially when you consider the price of tickets - they must have made a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

very early history of the three !
    http://www.excelcier.com/history.html
    enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

seanin4711 wrote: »
    On bus back to Galway accompanied by moving pictures remastered! !!
    Get in there!
    What a band.
    All through the show I had to pinch myself I am watching rush in Ireland. L!!!

Were you queing for the bus to Galway at the bus station around 2pm? Just wondering as I was there myself and saw a fellow Rush fan there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Were you queing for the bus to Galway at the bus station around 2pm? Just wondering as I was there myself and saw a fellow Rush fan there :)

On the quays.not me

seanin4711 wrote: »
    very early history of the three !
    http://www.excelcier.com/history.html
    enjoy!

Rush's first album was re-recorded in August 1974 after Neil "Pert" joins the band??? That's when I stopped reading :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

Neils put up his travelogue for Ireland & Britian, well tbh its pretty much only about England, but the Dublin show does get a mention at least

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

EggsAckley wrote: »
    Neils put up his travelogue for Ireland & Britian, well tbh its pretty much only about England, but the Dublin show does get a mention at least
    That's a very enjoyable read, even for someone with no real interest in motorbikes. He's a really great writer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I shouldn't let this type of thing annoy me, but...

There's an article in today's Sunday Times about how "older acts" are still playing Ireland. The point is also made how younger fans are getting into older acts because of the availability of music online. Justin Green, MCD's spokesman, is quoted: "My brother was at the last Rush gig here. He is in his fifties and got talking to the guy beside him who said he'd been into Rush for about fifteen years. But Rush were not doing anything fifteen years ago, so they wouldn't have even been on the radar".
    WTF?!?!
    I don't dispute that Rush may not be as much of a household name as, say, Pink Floyd or Genesis, but this comment is ridiculous. Apart from the fact that Test For Echo was released fifteen years ago and Rush spent the next year touring it, what does he mean by them "not being on the radar"? That'd be like saying Roger Waters isn't on the radar on the basis that he hasn't released a new studio album since 1992. Hardly an accurate statement.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

The simple fact of the matter is that many, many journalists are lazy, dim assholes and there sub editors don't give a **** either. Here's an example of one who I bet wishes he had never heard of Rush - see the reader comments
    Guardian Rush Sheffield review

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

There's an article in today's Sunday Times about how "older acts" are still playing Ireland. The point is also made how younger fans are getting into older acts because of the availability of music online. Justin Green, MCD's spokesman, is quoted: "My brother was at the last Rush gig here. He is in his fifties and got talking to the guy beside him who said he'd been into Rush for about fifteen years. But Rush were not doing anything fifteen years ago, so they wouldn't have even been on the radar".
    WTF?!?!
    I don't dispute that Rush may not be as much of a household name as, say, Pink Floyd or Genesis, but this comment is ridiculous. Apart from the fact that Test For Echo was released fifteen years ago and Rush spent the next year touring it, what does he mean by them "not being on the radar"? That'd be like saying Roger Waters isn't on the radar on the basis that he hasn't released a new studio album since 1992. Hardly an accurate statement.

Like Eggs said there's a lot of lazy journalism out there, especially in the music side of things, but this piece I think goes a long way to showing what the promoters actually think of the punters - they seem to think people haven't got the abillity to look for music new or old, if this was the case nobody in this day and age would every listen to Led Zeppelin, if they think people are that narrow minded it's a wonder we get to see anyone come here..........why would it be interesting to the Times that "older" acts are still playing here, all you need to do is look at someone like Alice Cooper and you'll see why he's stayed around so long, a professional, puts work into his shows in order to entertain the audience - something whick is sadly lacking in a lot of music today, so much is lost in just making money these days.....

do they review any of these gigs in the Times, just out of interest ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nebbish

RUSH Guinness T Shirt up on ebay.co.uk again

Item number: 120744242248

get one!

• Advertisement

Time Machine Tour No. 2 on the world hot tours, beaten only by U2.

Just 750 short approx of selling out O2 as well.

http://www.billboard.com/#/events/hot-tours-u2-rush-kenny-chesney-1005260502.story

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anyone get the time machine tour Dvd and Cd ???

Very similar to the Setlist they played in Dublin last may (What a gig that was :D:D)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    anyone get the time machine tour Dvd?

Yup, only watched it once though. Too busy digesting Neil's 'Taking Centre Stage' DVD.
    Very similar to the Setlist they played in Dublin last may

Exactly the same setlist

(What a gig that was :D:D)

Damn right. Seen them in Frankfurt a few weeks later and Dublin was way better. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Anyone invest in the Sector 1, 2 and 3 box sets?
    I've not had time to play them all yet. Signals sounds great though. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

anyone get the time machine tour Dvd and Cd ???

Very similar to the Setlist they played in Dublin last may (What a gig that was :D:D)

You're telling me. Best gig i've ever been to.
    Anyone invest in the Sector 1, 2 and 3 box sets?
    I've not had time to play them all yet. Signals sounds great though. :)

Planning to get them sometime, getting Different Stages is a priority for me.

Signals is an amazing album.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

[We are aware of some slight technical issues surrounding the CD of ‘Fly By Night’ inside the Sector 1 box set release and the DVD for ‘A Farewell To Kings’ inside the Sector 2 box set that some fans are experiencing. It stems from a production flaw and it is currently being addressed. As soon as production is completed a formal announcement of how to replace the discs will follow shortly. Please be aware that there may be a time delay in shipping and receiving the disc and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience – Geddy, Alex & Neil/QUOTE]

if anyone has bought the "Sector " Boxsets please be aware there are some problems with some discs in Parts 1 and 2. The above is from the Rush.com site so check your discs .... another reason, as if one was needed to listen to a load of Rush albums.... :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Spent the night watching the Tour Blu ray with memories of the gig flowing back. Jesus how lucky was i to see that tour in person in Dublin. 10 Years ago jesus christ that was 10 years ago. Remember bought one of the Rush guinness shirts but since lost it sadly

good times please return

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭lc180

https://consequenceofsound.net/2021/02/rush-alex-lifeson-geddy-lee-eager-new-music/

Im hoping we might see a Lifeson & Lee tour in the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Spent the night watching the Tour Blu ray with memories of the gig flowing back. Jesus how lucky was i to see that tour in person in Dublin. 10 Years ago jesus christ that was 10 years ago. Remember bought one of the Rush guinness shirts but since lost it sadly

good times please return

Must watch the dvd, always put the songs on Spotify. Still have that tshirt too, one of the few band tshirts ill wear too. Some back catalogue

• Advertisement

Currently re-reading Neil's 'Roadshow' book about his experiences during the R30 tour in 2004.

17 years ago today I was in a blind panic to get tickets for the R30 tour. It was only by chance I met a fellow Rush fan on my way home from work the previous evening and he says "have you got yer tickets yet?", and I say..."what you talking about?" Talk about a panic! Got to see 4 shows on that tour. Good times.

It's shocking to think Dublin is 10 years in May. I'm reminded of it every day...
    545288.jpg

Advertisement