Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options
  • 19-11-2010 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

TIME MACHINE TOUR 2011

Rush has confirmed they will be extending the Time Machine Tour and coming to Europe this spring.
    The following dates are confirmed, including Rush performing in Ireland for the first time ever.
    More additional European announcements to come.

Thursday, May 12th Dublin O2
    Saturday, May 14th Glasgow SECC
    Monday, May 16th Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
    Thursday, May 19th Manchester MEN Arena
    Saturday, May 21st Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
    Sunday, May 22nd Birmingham LG Arena
    Wednesday, May 25th London O2

Rush.com members will be receiving a pre-sale notification on Monday, November 22nd that begins on Tuesday, November 23rd.

Tickets for the Time Machine Tour in Ireland & UK general on sale will commence at 9AM GMT on Friday, November 26th, 2010. Ticket links and details will be posted shortly.

Additional European dates will be announced shortly!

Also confirmed today, the Time Machine tour will return to North America for a selection of dates between March and July, primarily with Rush performing in markets not played on the previous tour run this summer.

Stay tuned to rush.com for more details!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

:eek: Fantastic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yuuussss!

Love when there are gigs like this to look forward to.

Oh mi god. It just gets better.
    SJM and MCD proudly presents
    An Evening With RUSH
    Performing the legendary Moving Pictures in its entirety

The O2, Dublin
    Thursday 12th May, 2011
    A 3 1/2 hour show. No Support (30 min intermission)

Doors: 6:30pm
    Rush On Stage: 8.00pm sharp.

Tickets from €57.80 including booking fee
    On Sale Friday 26th November, 9.00am

3 1/2 hour show with Moving Pictures played in full. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

Got to see this back in October....it's a brilliant show!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think i might pick up a ticket later , there one of the bands i wouldnt mind seeing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Gah it's really ****ing dear, at 3 1/2 hours though i don't mind sitting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

BRILLIANT!!!! I've always wanted to see Rush and never though I would. Delighted now. Gonna get standing tix I think (If I can). It's a long show though. I've stood for longer but last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

CiaranK wrote: »
    BRILLIANT!!!! I've always wanted to see Rush and never though I would. Delighted now.

Been listening to Rush for close to 30 years, I cannot f***in wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Brilliant! Is this the only time they've ever played Ireland? Saw them once in London. Absolutely outstanding musicians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Will this be a sell out? I'd like to go but don't fancy buying tickets at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

I have seen Rush twice, both times they didn't have any standing tickets only seats.

finhex wrote: »
    I have seen Rush twice, both times they didn't have any standing tickets only seats.

That's interesting. I'd like to go seating for this; you get a great view wherever you sit in The O2 but it's amazing the closer you are to the stage. Plus it's a long gig, I just wanna just sit back and enjoy the show. :)

I'm guessing the premium seats are €79... so tempted to splash out even though I've like no monies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think I'm splashing out on the expensive seats. Porcupine Tree was long enough on the legs, let alone this. Cant wait for it, shall be an amazing gig!

I'll be getting the 60 euro seats. Just bought a maiden ticket and the COB tickets go on sale monday, i'm kinda hoping the 60 euro tickets are seating, it's a long show. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'm guessing the premium seats are €79... so tempted to splash out even though I've like no monies.

Do it. Make the occasion as good as possible and for the sake of 20quid it'll be worth it.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Do it. Make the occasion as good as possible and for the sake of 20quid it'll be worth it.

True and it's not like every year Rush comes to town. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

True and it's not like every year Rush comes to town. :)

Sure there here more then KOL :p

Sure there here more then KOL :p

Oh, So do they live here?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh, So do they live here?

They even pay their taxes too;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Does anyone know what the story is with the O2 priority tickets?How you get them etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

bradlente wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with the O2 priority tickets?How you get them etc.

AFAIK if you google O2 Blue room you should be able to register and you'll get on a txt list for advance booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

finbarrk wrote: »
    Will this be a sell out? I'd like to go but don't fancy buying tickets at the moment.

Good question. The funds are low at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭stevood

Got into these throught the film "I love you man" Class band

I also slap the bass big time

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DennyColt

Originally Posted by finbarrk viewpost.gif

the best rock band in the world, 1st time in Ireland, reasonably small venue (ie. no slane), this will sell out in a few mins... garanteed... any body who knows music, musician or not has huge respect for RUSH... i've been wrong before but have a feeling i'm right this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'd better be on the ball so!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I got the pre-sale newsletter from the Rush website and there's no pre-sale link for the Dublin show. Every other European date has one apart from Dublin. Gash

finbarrk wrote: »

As much as I like Rush... I don't think this will be a sell out. If there is standing, that may get all snapped up eventually, as well as the best seats in the house.

As much as I like Rush... I don't think this will be a sell out. If there is standing, that may get all snapped up eventually, as well as the best seats in the house.

I think this may be the first gig ever in which if there is standing it won't sell out before the seating. Even i would rather sit at this one, and i'm 17 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well one reason for sitting is Rush will be performing for 3 1/2 hours with a 30 minute intermission. So they are scheduled on stage at 8.00pm and will play until midnight. Though there will be no support act.

Rush MCD

Advertisement