Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Just been viewing some of the Youtube excerpts of the gig, bring back special memories of the nite. The only thing about thursday nite is all other gigs I go to in the future will be compared to this & somehow I doubt if any will ever match up.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭RayCon

The only thing about thursday nite is all other gigs I go to in the future will be compared to this & somehow I doubt if any will ever match up.:(

The first time I saw Rush I thought the same thing so I decided never to compare.

Rush gigs are only to be compared to each other ... and even then - they all win.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

michaelch wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    My son and I travelled down to the Rush concert last night from Belfast.
    Fantastic show and crowd!
    Quite a few of the guys had great Rush Guiness t shirts on which we thought were better than the ones being sold at the O2.
    Can anyone tell me where to buy one?

(Neil Pert is a legend!)

I was sitting next to a man from Belfast and his son in block C - are ye one and the same? - though there were probably lots from up north at the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

• Registered Users Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Fantastic gig. I thought the 1st half wasn't as strong as it could be, buut the 2nd half more than made up for it. That said, I was very disappointed with a lack of Natural Science.

So far, this was my 2nd favourite gig of all time. As good as Rush were, they were no Kiss :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

I DON'T BELIEVE IT....

so there we were (son & I) waiting outside the O2 near Harrys Bar when I see these 2 BMWs with panniers etc coming out from the back of the o2 into the area (cordonned off) beside the tram stop, says to son....that looks like the sort of bike Neill rides, start to make my way over then think....nah...whats the chances....so just now checking out more vids of the tour but this time from the SECC in Glasgow....and who rides in through the gates but Neil and his mate on the VERY SAME BIKES...gutted....I'm a biker myself and could have chatted about touring and not even asked about drumming....GUTTED!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I saw the bikes leaving the O2 about 5 15 on Thursday evening but Neil wasn't riding either

EDIT: You do know that Neil is a miserable fecker and wouldn't give you the time of day even if it was him. Alex and Geddy would be a different story but you'd get no change from Mr Peart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Fantastic gig. I thought the 1st half wasn't as strong as it could be, buut the 2nd half more than made up for it. That said, I was very disappointed with a lack of Natural Science.

So far, this was my 2nd favourite gig of all time. As good as Rush were, they were no Kiss :pac:

you mean who are still making progressive recordings and not playing all the hits then your very right,
    Kiss are no Rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

seanin4711 wrote: »
    you mean who are still making progressive recordings and not playing all the hits then your very right,
    Kiss are no Rush!

Absolutely Kiss are simply show-men. Yes they put on a good show but Rush are way better creatively and as musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

Check this out (fraid I can't link directly to the vid as access restricted in work:mad:). Interview with Alex by a Hughes & Kettner amp guy in the O2 before the gig.
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158236

Alex Lifeson - what a guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

159396.jpg

laros wrote: »
    159396.jpg

nice one my friend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

There was talk on some of the Rush forum about sending stuff to venues ahead of the gig and requesting that the band sign it.... so i sent it off to the O2 along with a SSAE and a note welcoming the band to Ireland and this arrived back in the post.... :D Neil has written about this practice in one of his books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

It was an unbelievable gig, I will be looking to go to one in the UK next time as I doubt we will see them back in Dublin. 2112 was my highlight of the night and it is my favourite Rush album wish they could play all of 2112 at the next tour!!

Red Barchetta was their best performance on the night for me but the whole gig was excellent. I enjoyed Neils drum solo too and the skits were funny out!

Tech3 wrote: »
    It was an unbelievable gig, I will be looking to go to one in the UK next time as I doubt we will see them back in Dublin. 2112 was my highlight of the night and it is my favourite Rush album wish they could play all of 2112 at the next tour!!

Red Barchetta was their best performance on the night for me but the whole gig was excellent. I enjoyed Neils drum solo too and the skits were funny out!

I would say they'll be back, well attended (during a terrible recession don't forget), great reception & I doub't a crowd will make more noise during any of the remainder of the UK shows.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Here's a link to some pics I put up on facebook, for anyone that's interested.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150187250059293.327806.648894292&l=4aba93f851

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

blastman wrote: »
    Here's a link to some pics I put up on facebook, for anyone that's interested.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150187250059293.327806.648894292&l=4aba93f851

Nice pics and my compliments on your taste in t-shirts. I got that one too.

• Advertisement

I doub't a crowd will make more noise during any of the remainder of the UK shows.:D

I know the Queen of England is currenting visiting but calm down ... ;)

RayCon wrote: »
    I know the Queen of England is currenting visiting but calm down ... ;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

What an awesome gig, first time seeing them live. Heres hoping they come back in future...or maybe a trip to the UK will be calling :D

Took some videos on the night...apologies for the shaky hands :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

brilliant, brilliant, brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

Shameless self plug for my own video...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My capture of Working Man. Sound is very good on the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

AdMMM wrote: »
    My capture of Working Man. Sound is very good on the iPhone.

Maybe, but the video above yours has better sound :D

Wonder if Neil got to travel around Ireland much on their visit. If so hopefully he'll include it in future writings ...

RayCon wrote: »
    Wonder if Neil got to travel around Ireland much on their visit. If so hopefully he'll include it in future writings ...

Him & his bike companion arrived on the tuesday via cherbourg to Rosslare, they had 2 days off, so you can bet they travelled kerry & the west for sure, will def be in his monthly blog, about it. His companion Bubba tweeted "The dublin crowd is diggin it big time". Too right 'n' all.:D
    http://twitter.com/#!/RoadRash66

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Kiss are no Rush!
    I only said I preferred the Kiss gig to the Rush gig. I never compared the two as bands. What is wrong with that?

Advertisement