Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do y'know what is like catnip for women?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Everyone knows it's diamonds, fast cars and dudes off the mills and boons books.
    Also, double points if you own a yacht....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I once flexed a bicep whilst walking by a herd of young ones, they were like a pack of animals in heat upon viewing this.....and it was up to me to relieve them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

I was in the gym the other dy and I said to the guy, "this isn't heavy enough, put on more weights."

He said, "There are no more weights"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

An attractive blonde woman said hello to me about three months ago. It was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Another classic Cork Man thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Tilt Gone wrote: »
    I was in the gym the other dy and I said to the guy, "this isn't heavy enough, put on more weights."

Did you then take a smug slug of your tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭Naos

Tilt Gone wrote: »

You should have put on some paint tins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I don’t think I’d be all that flattered if I got the glad eye off two women who look like Dwayne “The Rock Johnson.”

Whatever gives you your jollies, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Another classic Cork Man thread!

Old, derivative and on constant rotation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

stovelid wrote: »
    Old, derivative and on constant rotation?

Just like Tony Fenton's 'Classic Hits' show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Dwayne Johnson is getting fat.

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/1115-the-rock-splash-1-credit_77142.jpg

's probably why you were getting the attention too.

Hes beefing up for his new role as "The Elephant Man"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

CorkMan wrote: »
    Big muscles :cool:

Honestly, ever since I started to get into weightlifting I have noticed the ladies eyes gravitating towards me more and more. eg I was in town today and 2 women started laughing when I passed by and they couldn't keep there eyes off my arms, when I stand at the bus stop women smirk when they pass me. I have noticed a lot more attention since I workout.

BTW they roughly look the same as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Just wanted to point that out :cool:

These are not the usual signs of attraction.

Girlish giggling, and fluttering of eye lashes yes.

Laughing and smirking means they are showing contempt for you.

I probably shouldn't have said that though, I get the feeling I won't like you when you're angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A woman can't walk down a high-street without stopping once to look in the window of a clothes shop. :p

Sarcasm, just to let ye know before you maul me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Yup like i said before that would concern me more than anything.

Someone laughing at you means something about your appearrance or maybe the way you walk or just the way you present yourself in public is ridiculous or seems odd in a funny way to others.

Whatever way you look at it, its a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

when I stand at the bus stop women smirk when they pass me.

It's well known that men with inferiority complexes about their manhood [menhood? manhoods?] drive flashy cars. The ones who can afford expensive cars just about get away with it. The ones who drive crappy imitations are doubly screwed, demonstrating their lack of a well-developed richard and lack of funds/taste. You, OP, cannot even use a car to compensate. Clearly you are using your 'big muscles' to make up for the little muscle down below. The fact that you stand preening at bus stops on a regular basis is evidence of this, and the smirking women see right through you. Poor you. At least your arm muscles are well-prepared for your on-going single life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

It's well known that men with inferiority complexes about their manhood [menhood? manhoods?] drive flashy cars. The ones who can afford expensive cars just about get away with it. The ones who drive crappy imitations are doubly screwed, demonstrating their lack of a well-developed richard and lack of funds/taste. You, OP, cannot even use a car to compensate. Clearly you are using your 'big muscles' to make up for the little muscle down below. The fact that you stand preening at bus stops on a regular basis is evidence of this, and the smirking women see right through you. Poor you. At least your arm muscles are well-prepared for your on-going single life.

Ah now thats a bit rough. If he likes working out & is seeing the benefits, sure thats not a crime. Weaklings often roll out the old 'must have a small dick' line when they observe a bigger guy with muscles. Its classic jealousy.

But i agree that if he's walking around with sleeveless t-shirts & trying to tense his arms in public then women will laugh in a you-look-stupid sort of way & not in a i-find-you-attractive way. Such behaviour smacks of being insecure & i reckon women can pick up on that in a heartbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭chiefbrody1974

Honestly, ever since I started to get into weightlifting I have noticed the ladies eyes gravitating towards me more and more. eg I was in town today and 2 women started laughing when I passed by and they couldn't keep there eyes off my arms, when I stand at the bus stop women smirk when they pass me. I have noticed a lot more attention since I workout.

BTW they roughly look the same as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Just wanted to point that out :cool:

dont hink so mate, a nice or attractive face is much more of a draw, closely followed by nice hair, slim, nice dress sense, sense of humour etc etc. Big muslces are not attractive at all to 95% of women. A nice toned body, slim waist, broad shoulders yes, but BIG muscles, no way.. The two women were laughing at the extra tight t-shirt and obviously puffed out peacock chest. They can spot a self loved poser a mile away, post a pic of yourself cos Il bet you're only like dwayne johnson in your own head. Women like kindness, security, sense of humour and all that JAZZ!! BIG MUSCLES are never in the top ten. do you wear your jeans up around your nipples? and buy your t-shirts in the kiddies Dept?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Bit of tone and definition - raar. But perfectly sculpted like a male model - nah, I'd just admire that the way I'd admire a woman. And big, bulging muscles? NO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

OP

You remind me of a guy I passed in Dundrum Shopping yesterday. Quite a tight top he had on, bit of a erm metro skinny scarf awful shoulder length hair.

He strutted out of the shop and flicked his hair. Arms on hips. 2 girls in front smirking at him as they passed. He went opposite direction.. As soon as he passed they broke out laughing.. 'State of that' I think was the term.

Poor Lad.. Thought he had it all. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Have to disagree - nothing less attractive than massive gym pumped muscles. so many guys who are clearly addicted to it aswell - can't even walk properly because the muscles in their legs are so huge. Rank in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Ah now thats a bit rough. If he likes working out & is seeing the benefits, sure thats not a crime.

Absolutely not, but it seems like it's his ego that's been pumped along with everything else. Not attractive.
    Weaklings often roll out the old 'must have a small dick' line when they observe a bigger guy with muscles. Its classic jealousy.

My comment was from the point of view of a woman, not a weakling. Well, maybe a weakling woman.
    ...Such behaviour smacks of being insecure & i reckon women can pick up on that in a heartbeat.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Now I recognize de op....

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

I probably shouldn't have said that though, I get the feeling I won't like you when you're angry.

You mean you like him when he's not angry?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

WindSock wrote: »
    Let his muuuscles hug youuuu.

I'll let him hug me, but I don't think he's getting any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

Riiiight....

So you were out in town yesterday - in, I'm assuming, a fairly light top if these women were to get a good view of your arms.

The weather forecast yesterday showed temps of between 6-9 degrees with an increasing SW gale forced wind. Occasional heavy showers nationwide.

If I saw some musclebound eejit in a t-shirt in November, flouncing down the street, with the Rock as his role model, I can tell you now darlin, I would be laughing alright - I might even throw in a smirk to really get my feelings across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

So what are you benching OP? Bet I can do more..

What do you look like? Bet I'm better lookin'

BET MY DA COULD KILL YOUR DA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Today I was in my car in tescos carpark waiting to get out of carpark along with several thousand million other cars. It was very slow moving traffic & it actually took 25 minutes to get out. Girl in a car perpindicular to my own kept looking at me, not at someone behind me or something else in the car, she kept looking directly into my eyes? I looked back at her now & then. This went on for about 2 minutes. Women? Yiz are bizarre.

I didn't start an entire seperate thread about it though as that would suggest i never ever get attention from the occasional woman or because the event was so mindblowingly flattering i had to share it with others....

:rolleyes:

Was her car standing on the front bumper or the back bumper?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 thankswhore

yea op, i definitely notice the same when women laugh at me. its cuz iv got big muscles and big arms and they really love that. You should grow your hair so its like 3 inches above your shoulder your head because thats like COCAINE for women.

Advertisement