Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed cameras in Ireland - a guide

Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

This was 3 years ago. They can take a picture of the reg and not pull you over. They sometimes use overpass bridges to extend range and pick out each car in a line from a distance. I have not seen them used much then I don't tend to speed and they may be easy to miss if well hidden.

Traffic core cars tend to pull over drivers partly because they want 100% proof of who was driving at the time to make appeals or giving your polish cousin the points more difficult. Appeals to court are a pain for traffic core as they may need to attend court a day they are not working or when they are on holidays and they may have multiple court cases per week meaning little real work gets done. It also prevents speeders getting off if the garda don't show up to court which is very common in particular for gosafe drivers as they may be in a different county or region that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Traffic Corps was renamed as Roads Policing a good while ago.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Moooo33

Doing 58 in a 50 tonight,spotted the speed van hit the breaks,then I noticed he was in the driver seat pulling out from the lay by,would the van have picked me up or is it not working once the driver is in the driver seat

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CharlieR

Does the picture from a speed camera van need to identify the vehicle, and not just the registration plate? e.g. not just a grainy photo of the registration plate where one of the numbers could be a 9 or 3 and no identification of the car, make, model, colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The cameras (plural) on the vans are pretty advanced, you could be driving towards a van with a low sun directly behind you and it'll still be able to read the numbers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement