Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wave Depression Watch 16th/17th November - Low Risk of Intense Storm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Well, Maynooth becoming a bit windier now and my Sky signal got lost for a few seconds twice or so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Still as strong as ever here, 44km/h mean with regular gusts of 65km/h, 15.2mm of rain since 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

travelled from Sligo to Dublin tonight. Rain all the way. Heaviest rains in Sligo/Leitrim/Longford.

Worst winds around Enfield/Kilcock.

Thought storm was only for the west. Wouldn't have travelled if I had known was going to travel with the storm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

wind blowing rain horizontal across lampost outside apartment,some nice gusts now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Tuesday 16th Nov 2010 24.00
    Rain today 70mm ???? wind blowing the rain can I guess
    Gusts: 52.6 kmh 20.11 / Gust last hour 11.2kmh 22.50
    Q 992.7 hPa +0.6 hPa/hr
    Temp: 10.0 C -.06/hr

Emergency services in Limerick overrun with calls. Locally, floods, trees down, AFA activations all over the place, Crosshaven without power, has calmed for over an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wind increasing here with rain intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Belting it down in Nrth Dublin. Been that way for a good while now..

Can hear the gusts howl through the place from time to time.

Will it get worse ?

Saganist wrote: »
    Belting it down in Nrth Dublin. Been that way for a good while now..

Can hear the gusts howl through the place from time to time.

Will it get worse ?

For a short time, should abate quickly from around 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

For a short time, should abate quickly from around 4am.

Cheers Man !

Im not in any way an expert, but are these strong winds been indicated by the fast SW moving clouds near 12am on this radar sequence ?

Trying to learn here :-)

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Just had a huge gust which measured 74km/h a station record for me. If anything this have gotten stronger in the last 15 mins :eek:

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

North Dublin is crazy at the moment, looks like no sleep for me far worse then monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The wind was strong and gusty earlier tonight. It knocked over my wheelie bin. It now quiet in the last hour in around Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Pretty rough here in Donegal now.
    For once the rain is battering off the other side of the house,usually battering off my window which is facing north-ish.
    must be an southerly direction tonight?
    P.S My windows are still all dirty from last weeks storm , the sea salt has put a film of substance on the windows and I live a few miles from the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Jpmarn wrote: »
    The wind was strong and gusty earlier tonight. It knocked over my wheelie bin. It now quiet in the last hour in around Limerick.

I think it knocked the Aussies about a bit as well:D

A vicious end to a vicious day.

One of those days to forget. Night and sorry for lack of replies! Tired!

Winds gusting to 60mph now here i would imagine, smacking against the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

All calm here in Thurles time is 00.38hrs.

Wind started to subside at approx 23.15hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

Just walked home from the pub (No work tomorrow( I don’t know why I felt I had to justify going to the pub of a Tuesday but anyway)). I’m drownded [sic]. Driving heavy rain here. Wind and rain banging against the window.

Wild night altogether.

Love it.:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Wish i had been in the pub!!! Cant sleep with the noise of the wind, and the fact i had to go out rescue my bin. It's pretty bad down here in Wexford!

All calm here now, certainly happened fast, what a day though of high winds, a real storm to remember :D. For the record Max mean 45km/h, Max gust was 74km/h. Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Waves startin to crash over coast road on east coast NI. Love this wind direction than the usual altlantic westerly storms.

Wind fairly picking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Wind is really really strong here in South Dublin now so much stronger than last week and its been like this last few hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

ollie1 wrote: »
    Wind is really really strong here in South Dublin now so much stronger than last week and its been like this last few hours :D

Yeah isn't it?! So strong that i cannot sleep cause o the noise and im up for work in 3 hours.... :eek::(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

power went out in me north dublin estate for about 10mins, complete darkness except for distance skyglow, gave me a shock

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

South Easterly winds are brilliant. Whipin the sea up nay prob along the Irish coastline!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

power went out in me north dublin estate for about 10mins, complete darkness except for distance skyglow, gave me a shock

No electricity in parts of blanchardstown like hartstown has been for a few hours roads around the area are pitch dark no street lights at all just car and house alarms going off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Really strong gusts in Tallaght, seems stronger than last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

If anyone finds 3 garden chairs they're mine !!

All calm here now. Waiting fir first light before I go and check for damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Three stations got the top gust of 108kph (67mph/58kts) - Roches Point, Cork Airport and Valentia, with Belmullet and Malin Head following a close second on 104.5kph (65mph/56kts).

The same three stations won the rainfall award too, with Cork Airport on 29mm, Valentia on 26mm and Roches Point on 23mm.

Full summary here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

3 good wind events in 10 days, that should keep the Deep Easterly’s
    of this world happy when pressure starts rising :D

• Advertisement

All calm here now but the potential is there for some strong gusts later.

10111721_1700.gif

Advertisement