Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wave Depression Watch 16th/17th November - Low Risk of Intense Storm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Gone weirdly quite here now - West Clare

Is that it or is there more coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭flutered

here at the butt of the galtees it is bad, some of my tv service is gone, mmds plus rte 1 and 2 on the uhf ariel. the people next door have had a chimney pot blown down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Hearing multiple car alarms going off now all of a sudden. Wonder if some branches have come down somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

alfa beta wrote: »
    when you say 'outside cork harbour' I hope you don't mean in a boat!

Ha ha, nope, but I feel a little seasick after the last few hours, must get outside and check for damage.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

If whats being discussed over in the cold weather threads comes to pass, we mightn't see one of these for a while going along this route.

5182512717_2671471185_z.jpg
    Credit to NERC Satellite Receiving Station, Dundee University, Scotland. Link: http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/

IR broader view at 1924 GMT.

5182533447_55a186fb62_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Callan57 wrote: »
    Gone weirdly quite here now - West Clare

Is that it or is there more coming?

Worst of it should be passing you now yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Still wild in East Clare, been out in it as one of my sheds blew over, had to flatten it and tarp the contents till daylight... Bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Still crazy windy here. Sounds even worse than Thursday. Another morning of cleaning up ahead me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    If whats being discussed over in the cold weather threads comes to pass, we mightn't see one of these for a while going along this route.

What do you mean ? wont be seeing these for a while ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Waterford Airport 36 gust 51kts
    Dublin Airport 30 gust 48 kts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Hearing multiple car alarms going off now all of a sudden. Wonder if some branches have come down somewhere.

Surely there must be damage around after this maq. Its the strongest storm we have had in these parts in a number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Beginning to shake shake shake here now! One really big gust that wooshed through the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If it wasn't for the fact I'm sat at a desk I'd pull the duvet over my head! :eek:

Look at how the windspeed's fallen over the last hour at Cork Airport.

Time...Mean/Gust (kts)
    2300 11
    2230 17/28
    2200 35/58
    2130 38/53
    2100 36/54
    2030 34/49
    2000 36/48

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

gone quiet here in cork

Wish it'd go quiet here, I'd like to go to bed... And not have to get up and recapture any more flying sheds thank you... On the plus side, I have some wine...

Heyes wrote: »
    What do you mean ? wont be seeing these for a while ?

Cold weather regime possibly dominated by a mainly easterly airflow being discussed elsewhere means the current conditions won't occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

ashblag wrote: »
    County waterford extremely bad now... way worse that the last winds...how long is this supposed to last lads because it's actually scarey:(

I was in Florida during hurricane Charley (2004), believe me, you have never experienced a real storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Cold weather regime possibly dominated by a mainly easterly airflow being discussed elsewhere means the current conditions won't occur.

Aaah thats a pity, i love when its wild outside !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

perfectly calm and still here in west clare for the past hr. Looking at the radar the rain has been sitting over the eastern half of county clare since then. Some serious heavy rain which must be leading to spot flooding.

Again I can't stress how calm it is here. very mild at 11c too.

http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/Web_radar.gifc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭flutered

complete silence now at the butt of the galtees, unreal its so quite.

Winding up like a spring! Quite windy here in Dundalk now.

5183198658_0cc37c8447_b.jpg
    Credit to NERC Satellite Receiving Station, Dundee University, Scotland. Link: http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/

Calm now reached East Clare... The rain's now falling vertically !! Time for bed.

The 23Z TAFs have the strongest winds in the east, with Dublin Airport expecting SE 32 gust 50 kts from midnight to 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I was in Florida during hurricane Charley (2004), believe me, you have never experienced a real storm.

Sure you could the same about any weather we get here in Ireland. Fact is it's a stormy night by our standards here in the south east.

True, its a stormy night by our standards, but the storm (hurricane) Jimmy Garlic talks about, moved ashore in Florida with sustained windspeeds of 140+ mph!

Charley_Landfall.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

further intensity in the wind now in Dundalk, definitiley had sustained above 50mph and gusts to 65+
    Monstrous whistling howl coming in off the bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Its been windy here all evening, some heavy rain as well but nothing whatsoever compared to last week. Strong wind and a bit of rain for a few hours I wouldnt class as a real storm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

wow, im in naas, just opened the bedroom window and its very noisy and windy out there!! trees swaying outside. dont like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

wow, im in naas, just opened the bedroom window and its very noisy and windy out there!! trees swaying outside. dont like it!

Not much to like about county Naas i know!

Advertisement