Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wave Depression Watch 16th/17th November - Low Risk of Intense Storm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

@MIKE65
    Well as we expect now they can't put their necks on the line too far ahead. The warning only went up last night I think(open to correction here).

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

My god its wild outside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    isint today one year since the floods in cork??

good thing low tide is at the moment

That was around the 20th as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

A few nice red returns on it too. Hoping for some thunder out of it soon.

noooooo

not till I've been and put earplugs in the horse's ears....sends him mental and he kicks the s**t out of the stable :(

wild in East Clare tonight - glad I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

John2009 wrote: »
    Another clip here of a factory up the road from my house with some flood lights lit up behind it and you can make out the rain sheets blowing sideways,

the clip was shot with a Panasonic TZ3 and zoomed in at the maximum of 10x optical, cant wait to recieve my FZ100 from Amazon hopefully tomorrow

AH so ya changed ur mind to get the Fz100?.... let me know how it is when u get it , im waiting till the next time my uncle is coming over from america to get it over there for us. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Kinsale Energy platform reported 46 gust 56kts at 1900. This is at a much higher elevation than the standard 10m though (not sure exactly how high)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

galway getting a good hiding of rain, theres red on the maps on met eireann around galway county

http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/Web_radar.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Achill is mentals with wind and rain tonight.....

There will be loopers of surfers out in this tomorrow if it holds. (Jealous really i'd never have the nerve to do something like that)

Sky keeps freezing too, that's my storm indicator :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Highest gust at 19:00 was 58KT (107kph) and in Valentia again, meanwhile at 20:00 it was 56KT (104kph) and in Valentia yet again.

Belmullet and Mace have gone over the 50KT gust mark in the past hour or two as well. I expect they will top munster by 11PM

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Iancar29 wrote: »
    AH so ya changed ur mind to get the Fz100?.... let me know how it is when u get it , im waiting till the next time my uncle is coming over from america to get it over there for us. :)

Yea i got my full refund with return postage expenses from Amazon, feck sake i ordered it sunday night so it could be here in the morning or thursday but now i feel like returning it and getting the Canon SX1is, my bloody head his wrecked from reading reviews of cameras and watching videos, decisions decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

My apartment is getting blown out of it at the moment in North Dublin!!:eek:

John2009 wrote: »
    Yea i got my full refund with return postage expenses from Amazon, feck sake i ordered it sunday night so it could be here in the morning or thursday but now i feel like returning it and getting the Canon SX1is, my bloody head his wrecked from reading reviews of cameras and watching videos, decisions decisions

Ah no stick with the lumix, itll be great!

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Highest gust at 19:00 was 58KT (107kph) and in Valentia again, meanwhile at 20:00 it was 56KT (104kph) and in Valentia yet again.

Belmullet and Mace have gone over the 50KT gust mark in the past hour or two as well. I expect they will top munster by 11PM

Roches Point 34 gust 53kts at 2000.

Kinsale Energy 48 gust 56kts.

Was gonna watch a film, but instead i decided id watch all the posts from the stormy parts of ireland 2nite as its only a bit breezy here in N Dublin. ... bag of popcorn and all i have! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

It's very stormy here in North Co. Cork, worse than any of the previous "storms" we were supposed to be having here over the past few weeks, glad to be inside looking out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Mean 34km/h with gusts around 50km/h, haven't got close to my 66km/h gust about an hour ago. 5.8mm of rain since 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Met reports at 20:00hs in order of highest mean windspeed:

135092.jpg

South bearing the brunt.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Was gonna watch a film, but instead i decided id watch all the posts from the stormy parts of ireland 2nite as its only a bit breezy here in N Dublin. ... bag of popcorn and all i have! :D

The different direction of the wind must be having an effect on how bad it sounds in the house, it sounds worse here than it did last Thursday, and you did get the full brunt of it on your road trip so your comparisons are all skewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Only home, car got badly buffeted on the way down the M1.
    Surprised at just how windy it is here and it hasn't even started raining yet.
    Definitely sounds like it's worse than either of the last two storms, but probably because the wind is from a different direction. Rumbling and whistling in the chimney and gusts seem to be more sustained than last week.

...and there's the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Its a bad night here in Limerick, very gusty, I have so much admiration for the Munster and Aussie players and supporters who are braving the elements tonight. I drove by Thomond Park an hour ago and there were loads of people making their way into the stadium!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Gathering more pace now, just had a 63km/h gust.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭cml387

Really horrible night here.I got soaked just going out to the car two meters away.
    Kudos to those who called this last weekend.

The different direction of the wind must be having an effect on how bad it sounds in the house, it sounds worse here than it did last Thursday, and you did get the full brunt of it on your road trip so your comparisons are all skewed.

Ye its very quiet here, as to wat we got over in achill ( even in the sheltered areas)

But ye, hope people get some rough sea pictures in the morning if its still raging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

heavier rain coming our way by looks of things on met eireann map

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

As strange at it may sound, it's very calm in Maynooth and there's nothing to indicate the conditions at the other parts of the country. I could barely call the weather outside 'windy', there's a few branches moving a bit on the trees but that's it...

2100 reports

Roches Point 33 gust 57
    Cork Airport 35 gust 55
    Belmullet 29 gust 53
    Valentia 22 gust 56

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

to me this storm seems worse than last thursday, but i think its because of the direction its coming from. Its really whistling around the house. Much more rain than last Thursday, roads are very very bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Heavy rain stopping along the west coast now, moving inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

The winds seem more sustained than Thursday but as snaps said it could be the wind direction. Lights flickering now. Very heavy rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Weather here in Cork at the moment is absolutely dire. Street lamps are swaying heavily and the rain has been non stop for the past few hours.

Advertisement