Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 10

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

He makes Tommy Kelly of the Raiders look like a Pro-Bowler!! :D

Its well recognised that for all his problems ...Kelly is having a super year .....just talk to Raiders fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

eagle eye wrote: »
    I agree about Haynesworth but in fairness who seen that coming? He was the real deal with the Titans. He got huge money from the Redskins but at the time it looked like a real good investment. Only person thats at fault here is Albert Haynesworth.

LOts of people in Nashville seen this coming about Haynesworth ..in college he use to take downs off for a rest ...he played a beast early on to get paid..

he played well in his contract year for his second contract to get paid

he played well last season again so someone would get him paid...At other times he took downs off...shot his mouth off and only that the Titans have a strong coach it didnt cause that many problems

Daniel Snyder ignored all of this in DC and again made sure he got paid even though the sheer scale of guaranteed money and that $20m bonus...a guy who needs incentives doesnt get any ...again ...so what does anyone expect

this is Daniel Snyder the owner and Bruce Allen the GMs fault ....this was well flagged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Hazys wrote: »
    Imagine the career (and life) Vick would have had, if he had the same work ethic and leadership before prison as he has had after prison?

In the majority of cases of crinimals almost never reform and continue down the same paths of never learning their lesson. TBH i didnt want Vick to suceed after prison because i believed he wasted his chance in the NFL that so many, work so hard for and he got a 2nd chance way too easily (another Pacman) and the remorse he showed for is actions was just saying what needed to be said from a PR standpoint.

I saw the interview he did with his old head coach Jim Mora at the start of this season where he talked about how lazy he was when he was with the Falcons and how he would never bothered watching the game tapes Mora sent him. He said he would be the last person in, first person out. He said prison humbled him and that playing backup to McNabb thought him how to be a professional and how to work hard. He would join McNabb for weight training at 5am and stay after training to study tapes with him.

Now i'm rooting for him, it looks like he has truely learned his lesson and wants to suceed in life. He started the season as backup, never complained and supported Kolb as starter and encouraged him but continued to work hard and when the chance came, boy did he take it. He is 100X a better player than he was in his Falcon days and looks like if he wasnt fast he would still be considered a top 5 QB. By learning to read and exploit defenses he has extended his career years longer than his quickness could carry him.

Well done Micky Vick!

Do ya think Rodger Goodell reads the American Football forum on Boards.ie?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/18/roger-goodell-proud-of-michael-vick-on-and-off-the-field/

I'm sueing for plagarism. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hazys wrote: »
    Do ya think Rodger Goodell reads the American Football forum on Boards.ie?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/18/roger-goodell-proud-of-michael-vick-on-and-off-the-field/

I'm sueing for plagarism. :P

Your name is Roger Goodell isn't it? Come on admit it the game is up. Always wondered why you stayed neutral on issues that affect you Roger :D:D How fitting you are a Pats fan also. I want to thank you for over looking certain things in the past ;):p:D

Advertisement