Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Are you kidding me? Wasn't that good? Now I know stats don't mean everything but they do paint a very good picture of performance.

Passing: 30/43 350 yards and 3 TDs
    Rushing: 1 Rush 3 yards 1 TD

But If these numbers aren't that good I don't know what is by your standard. And before someone mentions "Oh typical Pats fan glorifying Brady again" Stop and think and Re-evaluate your own though Process. Brady was nothing short of excellent last night.

This is where QBs take flak when Offenses struggle at times in games. The Pats Offense struggled at times last night due to WR dropping footballs and penalties and bad route running. Sure Brady threw a few bad footballs but no QB is perfect.

But this was an excellent performance and to say otherwise is pure madness. And if any other QB did the same last night I would say the same about them. Big Ben also had an excellent game for what its worth.
    i was speaking in jest, he was awesome and he destroyed the steelers defence. I had the steelers backed also to make matters worse. Perforance of the weekend for me though is Kitna and those cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Performance of the weekend came from Matt Cassel imo. He was given his head on a run first team because they were in such a hole and he throws for 469 yards and 4 tds with no ints.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

eagle eye wrote: »
    Performance of the weekend came from Matt Cassel imo. He was given his head on a run first team because they were in such a hole and he throws for 469 yards and 4 tds with no ints.

in garbage time when the game was far far out of reach though, when the game was actually close his limitations were more clear tbh

Bear in mind on two consecutive goal-to-go series for the chiefs, they were stopped on 4th and goal (Denver subsequently drove back downfield for 28-0) and Cassel fumbled which was returned 75 yards for 35-0.... Chiefs were lucky as fcuk to get out of Colorado with a 49-29 defeat if you ask me

only for a s***e prevent defence in the 2nd half, a fg return and our unwillingness to run up a score, this could have been uglier again for the chiefs, a rake of garbage time points doesnt indicate much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

That was a brilliant game last night. Such a joy to watch. Brady was incredible. Defense terrific. Lets start playing like this over and over for the season.

spiralism wrote: »
    in garbage time when the game was far far out of reach though, when the game was actually close his limitations were more clear tbh

Bear in mind on two consecutive goal-to-go series for the chiefs, they were stopped on 4th and goal (Denver subsequently drove back downfield for 28-0) and Cassel fumbled which was returned 75 yards for 35-0.... Chiefs were lucky as fcuk to get out of Colorado with a 49-29 defeat if you ask me

only for a s***e prevent defence in the 2nd half, a fg return and our unwillingness to run up a score, this could have been uglier again for the chiefs, a rake of garbage time points doesnt indicate much.

Hang on you are making it sound like Denver stopped them on two drives at the goal line before the score got to 35-0 which is incorrect.

The first time they were on the goal line was the series where the fumble occurred. And most of those plays were running plays too.

Here are the drives from KC early in the game.
    5-M.Prater kicks 64 yards from DEN 30 to KC 6. 21-J.Arenas to KC 28 for 22 yards (59-W.Woodyard).
    1-10-KC 28
    (11:55) 25-J.Charles right tackle to KC 30 for 2 yards (51-J.Mays).
    2-8-KC 30
    (11:22) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 10-T.Copper to KC 42 for 12 yards (51-J.Mays).
    1-10-KC 42
    (10:48) 25-J.Charles right end to KC 43 for 1 yard (31-D.McBath).
    2-9-KC 43
    (10:14) 20-T.Jones left tackle to KC 45 for 2 yards (99-K.Vickerson).
    3-7-KC 45
    (9:36) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 25-J.Charles pushed ob at DEN 37 for 18 yards (20-B.Dawkins). PENALTY on KC-25-J.Charles, Illegal Motion, 5 yards, enforced at KC 45 - No Play.
    3-12-KC 40
    (9:09) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete short middle to 25-J.Charles [97-J.Bannan].
    4-12-KC 40
    (9:05) 2-D.Colquitt punts 42 yards to DEN 18, Center-43-T.Gafford, fair catch by 19-E.Royal.

I don't think you can blame Cassel for that drive stalling. And the next drive when they were down 14-0.
    5-M.Prater kicks 69 yards from DEN 30 to KC 1. 21-J.Arenas to KC 21 for 20 yards (30-D.Bruton).
    1-10-KC 21
    (4:13) 25-J.Charles left end to KC 24 for 3 yards (55-D.Williams).
    2-7-KC 24
    (4:13) 25-J.Charles right tackle to KC 27 for 3 yards (76-Ja.Williams).
    3-4-KC 27
    (2:51) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete deep right to 84-C.Chambers.
    4-4-KC 27
    (2:46) 2-D.Colquitt punts 44 yards to DEN 29, Center-43-T.Gafford. 19-E.Royal pushed ob at DEN 47 for 18 yards (99-M.Simoneau).

Again I don't think you can blame Cassel for that. Its two running plays first after all.

Then at 21-0 here is the next drive

5-M.Prater kicks 69 yards from DEN 30 to KC 1. 21-J.Arenas pushed ob at KC 36 for 35 yards (5-M.Prater).
    1-10-KC 36
    (1:10) 7-M.Cassel sacked at KC 28 for -8 yards (57-M.Haggan).
    2-18-KC 28
    (:43) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete short right to 84-C.Chambers. PENALTY on DEN-51-J.Mays, Defensive Pass Interference, 4 yards, enforced at KC 28 - No Play.
    1-10-KC 32
    (:39) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 82-D.Bowe to 50 for 18 yards (24-C.Bailey).
    1-10-
    (:06) 7-M.Cassel pass deep middle to 82-D.Bowe to DEN 34 for 16 yards (24-C.Bailey).
    END QUARTER 1
    2nd Quarter
    Kansas City Chiefs continues ...
    1-10-DEN 34
    (15:00) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 82-D.Bowe ran ob at DEN 27 for 7 yards.
    2-3-DEN 27
    (14:44) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 42-M.Cox to DEN 27 for no gain (51-J.Mays).
    3-3-DEN 27
    (14:06) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel sacked at DEN 34 for -7 yards (57-M.Haggan).
    4-10-DEN 34
    (13:24) 6-R.Succop 52 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-43-T.Gafford, Holder-2-D.Colquitt.

And then at 28-0 this is where the fumble occurs.

5-M.Prater kicks 70 yards from DEN 30 to end zone, Touchback.
    1-10-KC 20
    (10:07) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 81-T.Moeaki pushed ob at DEN 46 for 34 yards (20-B.Dawkins).
    1-10-DEN 46
    (9:43) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete deep left to 15-V.Tucker [57-M.Haggan].
    2-10-DEN 46
    (9:36) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 82-D.Bowe to DEN 41 for 5 yards (51-J.Mays).
    3-5-DEN 41
    (8:57) 25-J.Charles left guard to DEN 34 for 7 yards (31-D.McBath).
    1-10-DEN 34
    (8:19) 20-T.Jones left end to DEN 34 for no gain (79-M.Thomas).
    2-10-DEN 34
    (7:43) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel sacked at DEN 38 for -4 yards (52-J.Hunter). PENALTY on DEN-51-J.Mays, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at DEN 38.
    1-10-DEN 23
    (7:20) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 84-C.Chambers to DEN 19 for 4 yards (51-J.Mays).
    2-6-DEN 19
    (6:55) (Shotgun) 25-J.Charles left tackle to DEN 17 for 2 yards (99-K.Vickerson). FUMBLES (99-K.Vickerson), and recovers at DEN 17. 25-J.Charles to DEN 17 for no gain (99-K.Vickerson).
    3-4-DEN 17
    (6:10) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete short middle to 25-J.Charles. PENALTY on DEN-57-M.Haggan, Unnecessary Roughness, 9 yards, enforced at DEN 17 - No Play.
    1-8-DEN 8
    (6:05) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel sacked at DEN 25 for -17 yards (57-M.Haggan). FUMBLES (57-M.Haggan), RECOVERED by DEN-52-J.Hunter at DEN 25. 52-J.Hunter for 75 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

I don't see two goal to go series there and the score is 35-0. Fact is the game was still in full flow. Its never garbage time until at least the middle of the 4th when the game is well and truly settled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm not sure what this was over.

Haley refused to shake hands after the game.

haley_mcdaniels.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

What an idiot:confused:, Thats poor form in any sport as a previous poster said....

spiralism wrote: »

eagle eye wrote: »
    Hang on you are making it sound like Denver stopped them on two drives at the goal line before the score got to 35-0 which is incorrect.

The first time they were on the goal line was the series where the fumble occurred. And most of those plays were running plays too.

Here are the drives from KC early in the game.

I don't think you can blame Cassel for that drive stalling. And the next drive when they were down 14-0.

Again I don't think you can blame Cassel for that. Its two running plays first after all.

Then at 21-0 here is the next drive

And then at 28-0 this is where the fumble occurs.

I don't see two goal to go series there and the score is 35-0. Fact is the game was still in full flow. Its never garbage time until at least the middle of the 4th when the game is well and truly settled.

we stopped them on goal to go following the fumble sorry, got em mixed up. still though, point stands more or less, kc had drives stalling consistently til the game was far out of reach

Also, the game was clearly settled and into garbage time territory by the time we went 42-10 up early in the second half, i watched all of it and we switched into terrible prevent defences from around that point onwards....even in the 4th we were running on all 4 downs and passed up a 48 or so yard fg for 52-23 to run the ball and run the clock out. Haley had other plans though and tried his hardest to pad the score and the stats late on, hence cassel padding a nevertheless impressive stat line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I'm not sure what this was over.

Haley refused to shake hands after the game.

haley_mcdaniels.jpg

What a fantastic photograph, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Re: the Todd Haley incident - from ESPN
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chiefs coach Todd Haley apologized Monday for refusing to shake hands with Denver coach Josh McDaniels after Kansas City's blowout loss the day before.

Haley, who's generally done a good job this season of holding his temper in check, made a single comment to McDaniels as the Denver coach held out his hand after the Broncos' 49-29 victory in Denver. Haley pointed his finger at him, turned and stomped away without shaking.

In his opening remarks to reporters on Monday, Haley offered his apology before he was asked about the incident which instantly became a hot topic around the league.

"It sounds like it's become a big deal and I do want to apologize for me not shaking Josh's hand after the game," he said. "I do believe in doing what's right and that was not right. Probably let the emotions of the situation get me too much. And I apologize. I apologize to the fans and to Denver and to Josh."

Haley declined to say what upset him.

"I don't think that's necessary to get into it," he said. "I think it's very necessary that I let everybody know that I would do that over again at the end, and it wasn't the right thing to do."

He said he had not contacted McDaniels to personally apologize.

"I felt like, again, communicating to the majority, and anybody that was watching it, to let them know how I felt and I think that's what's important," he said.

Audio of the brief exchange between the two was provided to The Associated Press by WDAF-TV in Kansas City. McDaniels does not speak but Haley can clearly be heard saying as he pointed at the Denver coach and turned to walk away, "There's a lot of [expletive] being talked about you."

The incident inflamed Broncos fans and is certain to be front and center among Chiefs followers when the Broncos visit Arrowhead Stadium on Dec. 5.

The Broncos roared to a 35-0 lead -- the biggest first-half deficit in Chiefs history. The loss knocked Kansas City into a first-place tie with Oakland in the AFC West.

In his meeting with reporters on Monday, McDaniels said he could not explain Haley's snub.

"I'm not sure about that," he said. "I was proud of the way we played and I have a lot of respect for their entire organization. Obviously, I know a lot of people over there. So, I'm not really sure."

He also said he was not upset.

"It's part of the game. And we all make choices. So."

Aside from being upset about the worst loss the Chiefs (5-4) have absorbed all year, Haley could have been upset at the brutal hit Denver linebacker Joe Mays put on tight end Tony Moeaki during an onside kick in the final minutes. Moeaki had to be helped off the field. There was speculation that Haley was upset at the way the Broncos were laughing on their sideline, and that he felt Denver was trying to drive up the score.

When the Chiefs routed the Broncos 44-24 on the same field in last year's regular-season finale, Haley pulled most of his starters in the final minutes and declined to give running back Jamaal Charles an opportunity to break Adrian Peterson's NFL rushing record. Charles was removed from the game needing just 37 yards to do it.

• Advertisement

And we'll leave it at that, imo he was just in a pissy mood after watching that and just took it out by ranting at mcdaniels, he's been known as a fiery type even since his arizona days. would love to have been a fly on the wall at half time, id say he b*llocked them something shocking!

And now for an interesting stat; last nights game was the first time two brothers have ever faced each other as opposing punters in pro football, with dustin colquitt of kansas and britton colquitt of denver the punters in question.

What an awesome opening play from Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson.

Sweet mother of god, first play Vick for DeSean Jackson for 88yard TD.

What a start.

Oh my god. Michael Vick just looks absolutely awesome tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Holden Caulfield

Just love watching Vick play. Great stuff.

Vick seriously taking the piss already.

If he continues like this it could get ugly for the Skins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

This could be over before the 1st quarter with the way it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Eagles are insane at rushing the passer. They have such a buzz about their movement on the D.

OMG. 5 minutes left in the first quarter and 21-0 to the Eagles:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

21-0 Eagles. Clinic

desean-jackson-andy-reid-chest-bump.jpg
    :D:D

• Advertisement

28-0 and its still only the first quarter:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

28-0 Eagles, still in the 1st quarter. Wow, just wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I really think they should rest Vick now so I can win my fantasy game :)

This is just ridiculous.. 28-0 and not even the 2nd quarter yet.

Eagles could head home on the plane early and the Redskins still won't win.

Jerome ****ing Harrison haha. WOOOOHOOOOO It's like a dream a dream. 270 yrds in ONE QUARTER ? 270.

Ouch. The whole offense is looks great whenever Vick's been there this year. As long as his ribs don't go crack again it'll be hard for any team to live with the Eagles given they have an always solid defense to back-up that offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Thought I was seeing sh!t when I turned this on :eek:

Anyone have a good stream? Having a hellish time getting a stable one tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Had Jackson anytime scorer at even money so happy out!

Was contemplating doing a treble on Jackson, Vick and Maclin....pretty sick I didn't now!

• Advertisement

Damn it about work tomorrow. Need to go to bed.

Advertisement