Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

kmart6 wrote: »
    Had Jackson anytime scorer at even money so happy out!

Was contemplating doing a treble on Jackson, Vick and Maclin....pretty sick I didn't now!
    I was gonna do Vick myself. He was 5/2 for anytime scorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Syferus wrote: »
    Anyone have a good stream? Having a hellish time getting a stable one tonight.

this is pretty steady for me...

http://www.hd52.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I think even Brady will have to take a backseat this week if Vick keeps this up, 9/9, 229 passing yards 3 passing TDs, 20 yards rushing, 1 Rushing TD. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 red_eskimo

What kind of records could we see get broken? Biggest comeback? Biggest road victory?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Did anyone used to play Madden as a kid and create yourself as a super fast QB who could throw. You might score 3 scrambling td's a game and throw 4 more. That is what Vick is like tonight

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Did anyone used to play Madden as a kid and create yourself as a super fast QB who could throw. You might score 3 scrambling td's a game and throw 4 more. That is what Vick is like tonight

I always make him the size of two linemen, watching him run like Usain Bolt is something special! Gonna throw Madden on and do it now that you've reminded me!

This is the greatest QB performance in all my time watching football. No question, I don't care what his rating is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is the greatest QB performance in all my time watching football. No question, I don't care what his rating is.

I completely agree. While i've seen a few 158.3 games, they were all from HOF calibre pocket passers like Brady, Warner and Manning.

Never in my life have i seen anything like that, a 150 rating, 4 TD passes and another 80 yards and 2 TDs on the ground.... mother of god.

I also just think that last night we saw what is now clearly the best team in the NFC and the rest of the NFL just saw that the Eagles are definitely for real

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

spiralism wrote: »
    I completely agree. While i've seen a few 158.3 games, they were all from HOF calibre pocket passers like Brady, Warner and Manning.
    The passer rating system is flawed, Troy Aikman is always talking about how its not perfect. He went so far as to try and create a different system to rate QB's (Aikman rating). Vick's performance last night was better than any 158.3 game I have ever seen, and I daresay about as good as it gets.

You could see last night that the man knows exactly what he is doing in the pocket and then he has the skills to still make it happen with his feet when its clear all other avenues are closed.

I've seen Vick before this but nothing like last night. He was simply phenomenal. Better than Brady, Manning, Brees, Warner, Montana or any of them could ever hope to be. I was in awe from the outset last night. His first throw was a perfect throw which only his receiver could get to and then he just got better and better. I'm still in awe of what he did last night.

As I said last night its the best QB performance I've ever witnessed. Even Steve Young who could be awesome on occasion could not do what Vick did last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Just watched Vick's highlights, simply wow. His touchdown to Jason Avant was the best of the night IMO. Vick on that performance alone has made the most of a second chance. I still prefer Brady's performance but I am biased!

Just watched Vick's highlights, simply wow. His touchdown to Jason Avant was the best of the night IMO. Vick on that performance alone has made the most of a second chance. I still prefer Brady's performance but I am biased!

Ah come on man. I'm a Patriot too and I love TFB but what Vick did last night was just sensational. Its the performance of the week by a million miles. As I've said twice already its the best performance I've ever seen.

Ah come on man. I'm a Patriot too and I love TFB but what Vick did last night was just sensational. Its the performance of the week by a million miles. As I've said twice already its the best performance I've ever seen.

Yes but I felt that the Patriots were poor all season despite that 6-2 and had a feeling someone would find us 'out', Brady on that performance alone has saved us. I may be the most pessimistic fan in the world but the Patriots' record at 6-2 (at the time) did not reflect how badly we had played. Our season, if the team plays like that is grand. I believe we will dominate from this point on, if not, I'll eat my hat so to speak.

Also, Brady was playing against a much better passing and overall defense than Vick was, at least statisically. I don't believe the Redskins are a very good team anyways, I have much more faith in the Steelers and their ability to do well

Vick gets the performance but Brady's means more from a watching point of few and as a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I haven't been tuned into NFL for much longer than a few seasons but that performance last night was something special. It was just 1st down after 1st down and TD after TD. His speed and agility is almost like having a running back with a huge arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Imagine the career (and life) Vick would have had, if he had the same work ethic and leadership before prison as he has had after prison?

In the majority of cases of crinimals almost never reform and continue down the same paths of never learning their lesson. TBH i didnt want Vick to suceed after prison because i believed he wasted his chance in the NFL that so many, work so hard for and he got a 2nd chance way too easily (another Pacman) and the remorse he showed for is actions was just saying what needed to be said from a PR standpoint.

I saw the interview he did with his old head coach Jim Mora at the start of this season where he talked about how lazy he was when he was with the Falcons and how he would never bothered watching the game tapes Mora sent him. He said he would be the last person in, first person out. He said prison humbled him and that playing backup to McNabb thought him how to be a professional and how to work hard. He would join McNabb for weight training at 5am and stay after training to study tapes with him.

Now i'm rooting for him, it looks like he has truely learned his lesson and wants to suceed in life. He started the season as backup, never complained and supported Kolb as starter and encouraged him but continued to work hard and when the chance came, boy did he take it. He is 100X a better player than he was in his Falcon days and looks like if he wasnt fast he would still be considered a top 5 QB. By learning to read and exploit defenses he has extended his career years longer than his quickness could carry him.

Well done Micky Vick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Have to say I never liked Michael Vick. Didn't rate him at all and the dog thing and jail time was going to be the final nail in the coffin for me ever respecting him.

But what a turn around. Isnt it funny it took sending someone to jail to make him cop on in life and put his full energy into something he truly has a gift for. Imagine had he put his full effort into his career from Day 1 we would be by the looks of it saying he is an elite QB wouldn't we?

I will say though Im not about to say his performance last night was the greatest by any QB of all time though. Truly an amazing performance but it was helped by a very very very poor Redskins. They made life so easy for the Eagles and Vick last night.

Now before anybody says I'm trying to take away from Vick here that is not it at all but when it comes to stats the skins made it look easy. Vick was amazing and took every advantage of the opportunity given to him this season to show he deserves to be in the NFL and fair play to him grasping at it with both hands.

I would really like to see Vick continue this overall performance into the playoffs and push for a bowl given his team stay on the page with him all the way through the remaining regular season games and playoff games if they get there.

I think the most ironic thing is that he came out of it all a better player. If the dog abuse had never been outed he'd probably never have been as good as he is right now, for all the reasons outlined above. As a player he's something special and it certainly looks like the controversy is over at QB in Philly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

2nhf4no.gif

Hey, it's tough being Fat Albert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

He wasn't exactly killing himself to get up and rush again at Vick

Even if he can't get to him he could force a bad throw. Coaches won't be happy over this

• Advertisement

He wasn't exactly killing himself to get up and rush again at Vick

Even if he can't get to him he could force a bad throw. Coaches won't be happy over this

I don't think Shan's ever been happy with him anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I know. Here's another reason to add to the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The Jamarcus Russell of defensive tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Had Mike Vick in my fantasy team.
    :D

Albert Haynesworth is such a waste. That gif above is a prime example why.

I agree about Haynesworth but in fairness who seen that coming? He was the real deal with the Titans. He got huge money from the Redskins but at the time it looked like a real good investment. Only person thats at fault here is Albert Haynesworth.

I agree about Haynesworth but in fairness who seen that coming? He was the real deal with the Titans. He got huge money from the Redskins but at the time it looked like a real good investment. Only person thats at fault here is Albert Haynesworth.

I knew Haynesworth getting that money was going to be ridiculous. Talk about quarterbacks getting a fine comb through their work, Haynesworth's contract was massive for a DT and one who had some injury issues, he's been looked at consistently. Has not been the dominant force that he should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Had Mike Vick in my fantasy team.
    :D

As had I... along with Roddy White and CJ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    2nhf4no.gif
    He makes Tommy Kelly of the Raiders look like a Pro-Bowler!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

Have to say I never liked Michael Vick. Didn't rate him at all and the dog thing and jail time was going to be the final nail in the coffin for me ever respecting him.

But what a turn around. Isnt it funny it took sending someone to jail to make him cop on in life and put his full energy into something he truly has a gift for. Imagine had he put his full effort into his career from Day 1 we would be by the looks of it saying he is an elite QB wouldn't we?

I will say though Im not about to say his performance last night was the greatest by any QB of all time though. Truly an amazing performance but it was helped by a very very very poor Redskins. They made life so easy for the Eagles and Vick last night.

Now before anybody says I'm trying to take away from Vick here that is not it at all but when it comes to stats the skins made it look easy. Vick was amazing and took every advantage of the opportunity given to him this season to show he deserves to be in the NFL and fair play to him grasping at it with both hands.

I would really like to see Vick continue this overall performance into the playoffs and push for a bowl given his team stay on the page with him all the way through the remaining regular season games and playoff games if they get there.

Its funny what electrified things for me was really his early days ....and then i suppose a mix of skill deficiency...laziness ....and maybe his skills at that point couldnt bring him further

but he is a proper pocketpasser now ...who can go through his progressions and take you apart ...the Colts game is a better example than the Skins

but the crucial element is old vick ...when a pocket starts to crumble and the space opens out front ...think of the damage when a guy as good in open field as Hester has the ball like that 4-5 times a game , it accounted for 5 runs and 2 TDs Monday night ...if he doesnt get hn it means the Birds can go very far indeed

Advertisement