Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festina lente

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The alarm went off at 5.45, and I just rolled over and went back to sleep.
    The first run I've missed in the whole programme eek.gif (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

RayCun wrote: »

Oh my God, you'll just have to cancel your DCM now;) Ha, i'm the same, soooooo tired of running, i haven't been in work on time once this week. Roll on a lie on this weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Nice Ray, a few more sleepy days please, keeps the preasure off me in the 1000.;)

The miles dont creep up so fast in Taper Time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

JEmily wrote: »
    Oh my God, you'll just have to cancel your DCM now;)

+1000. That's it Ray, you have blown it. I hear there are a few people on the main forum looking to buy numbers, hopefully you can get one of them to take yours off you :pac:

I've got a number, a few pairs of runners, shorts and tops and a half-finished tube of Bodyglide - all going to the highest bidder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Ray, you're putting the rest of us to shame. :o

but I did get an extra run in on Monday, so actually I'm still on target for the week :)

8.09 miles in 1.15 minutes (9.16 average)

Legs finally feeling back to normal, making this a very easy run. Ran the first five at 9.3x pace, which was really about as slow as I could go, and I only felt warmed up at the end of that. Next two I tried to stick to marathon pace, 9.00 and 8.52, and I ended up doing around 8.30 for the last bit.

So, last run out of the way, gels bought, kit getting washed, runners broken in, legs as ready as they'll ever be, and only a couple of 3 mile runs and 2 mile runs to go....:eek: what do I do for the next week? :eek:

Total this week: 21.22 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I'm going for my 8 miler shortly, just a few piddly runs left, can feel the fitness escaping my body and I'm getting soft in the head.

Softer than usual before Digger gets in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I've got a number, a few pairs of runners, shorts and tops and a half-finished tube of Bodyglide - all going to the highest bidder!

mmmmmm....I'll take the Bodyglide Ray :D:D

• Advertisement

3.1 miles in 29.21 minutes

Slow still-waking-up mile to the park, slow running-on-the-grass mile around it, MP mile back to the house, all at the same effort level. Legs are a bit sore - kind of the stinging feeling you get if you're sitting on a wall for a while then jump down to the ground - but nothing I'm worried about. I felt the same just before the 10 miler in the race series, it's like warm-up pains...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

How are you planning the next week? Have you sorted out gels etc and when to take them?

Kit washed and ready,
    clothes to wear to start line beside kit,
    arm wallet loaded with my four gels (6, 12, 18, 21 miles - one will be in my back pocket, if I meet OH around 18 I'll take the last one out and give her the wallet),
    runners put away and ready,
    Bodyglide, micropore tape and cotton wool ready,
    transport plan (LUAS) ready
    first pint of water of the day almost finished
    Sunday food (wholewheat pasta mid-afternoon) planned,
    email printed and signed ready for the expo
    toenail-clipping scheduled for Wednesday/Thursday
    now I just have to sit on my hands for the next 7 days, 8 minutes, and 24 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

You're well organised there ray :)

What's the plan for the day?

Drink a lot, eat a lot, and stagger home before I fall asleep - so probably about 4 pm.

Oh, the race? Stay with the sub4 pacers until Fosters Avenue, then start speeding up. Or just stay with the sub4 pacers until the last mile. Or the last 100 meters. Or as long as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Oh, the race? Stay with the sub4 pacers until Fosters Avenue, then start speeding up. Or just stay with the sub4 pacers until the last mile. Or the last 100 meters. Or as long as I can.

I don't think you'll have any probs staying ahead of the sub4's. You're times and training have been great. No bother to ya!

3.05 miles in 25.42 minutes

yesterday - ran for the bus, legs were sore... but I ignord it
    this morning - legs carried me off at marathon pace immediately, did a couple of faster intervals in the second mile, and ran home easily, no problems whatsoever.

Total this week: 6.15 miles

last 3 mile run before the marathon, possibly last pre-work run this year? It's pretty dark out there, I might switch to running home from work twice a week, and running twice on the weekend, to avoid these early starts for a while.

As I said after the 10 mile
    I was getting worried before this race because my legs seemed to be falling apart - lots of niggly aches and pains, and as I was jogging up to the start line my legs felt very tight. Didn't have any trouble at all though once the race started, so I must remember this for the next time I get pre-race nerves.
    Every time I go out for a run and I'm getting phantom pains and twinges, I think of that morning. I've done the training, there's nothing wrong with my legs, I'm in great shape to get around, and there's nothing to worry about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 runforrest

i have been following your training thread and want to wish you all the best for monday you are sooo ready you can stand at the start with the full knowledge that you are ready for this.Get up monday knowing that no one,no other committments are going to stop you going for a long run:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

last 3 mile run before the marathon, possibly last pre-work run this year? It's pretty dark out there, I might switch to running home from work twice a week, and running twice on the weekend, to avoid these early starts for a while.

As I said after the 10 mile

Every time I go out for a run and I'm getting phantom pains and twinges, I think of that morning. I've done the training, there's nothing wrong with my legs, I'm in great shape to get around, and there's nothing to worry about...

Thanks for posting that Ray. I was in the exact same frame of mind last night. So so negative! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Best of luck on the day Ray. If I dont see you around the start line, I'll see you in the pub afterwards for refreshments ;)

1.85 miles in 15.49 minutes

last run... bit of a sniffle, legs a bit stiff.. the usual nonsense

Total this week: 10.98 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

best of luck ray

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck tomorrow Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

+1 have a good un.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Have a great run tomorrow Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Well done on the Sub 4 today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

+1 to that. Bravo. Onwards and upwards.

Very pleased with that, but also completely wrecked. Proper report when my brain is no longer tapioca. Next year perhaps?

Garmin tells the story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

well done on the 3.58. I knew I should have stuck with you!

Advertisement