Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have You Ever Been On The Telly?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

amdublin wrote: »
    My mother was in the audiencec for the Late Late Show the night that your man verbally attacked Pat Kenny ("you're an insuffferable @&%$... etc etc)

She said apart from that happening it was the most boring night of her life.

I was in the audience for a filming of Colm & Jim Jim's Home Run. That was some bad sh1t. People were asking could they go out to the toilet and then not coming back. So then they stopped letting people go out :( Eventually we all escaped around midnight. That is a night I don't like thinking about. Goddamn you OP for this thread and bringing up this repressed painful memory.

Oh, so it was my fault that you went to see two idiots trying to make a crap TV show & didn't enjoy it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Posy wrote: »
    Yep. I was featured on 'Nationwide' once.
    Couldn't even deny it was me, my name was in a caption at the end of the screen. :o

Is that you, Willie Stroker?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭GSV

I was on the Nine O'Clock news some years ago (with my photo beside/behind the newsreader)
    and on the front page of most of the national newspapers the following day. :cool:

I was sitting in a hotel room down the country, watching the TV when it came on
    and realised that I hadn't contacted any of my family. :eek:

Cue stunned phone calls. :o
    Long story, but no animals were hurt in the making of this post.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh, so it was my fault that you went to see two idiots trying to make a crap TV show & didn't enjoy it? :eek:

No. It was my sister's fault. She got the tickets and then conveniently couldn't go on the day and sneakily offered them to me "it's a new show, supposed to be great, you should go, you'll like it"

It was sh1t. I didn't like it. We weren't even given any free stuff.

I don't think I'll ever forgive her.
    It has caused an awful rift in our family :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

GSV wrote: »
    I was on the Nine O'Clock news some years ago (with my photo beside/behind the newsreader)
    and on the front page of most of the national newspapers the following day. :cool:

I was sitting in a hotel room down the country, watching the TV when it came on
    and realised that I hadn't contacted any of my family. :eek:

Cue stunned phone calls. :o
    Long story, but no animals were hurt in the making of this post.

What had you done?! What had you done?!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I did ads when I was really little and then when I was about 10 our school choir was on tv :o

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I was on The Joke Box when I was very young... my joke was:

"What did the Mother Hen say to her chicks when they wouldn't behave?

If your father saw you now, he'll spin in his gravy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Was on the podge and rodge show about 2 years ago on the weird talent section turning my eyelids inside out! got paid 130 yoyo to do it but still havent lived it down

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yup, on the Saw Doctors documentary that they show nearly every year!

I got my jills in one shot for JC results back when I was in 1st year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

To catch a predator.

Apparently im the only one that made it on 3 shows in a row.

Chris Hansen knows me by my my first name and all now.

We text sometimes.

Hes cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Thread needs youtubes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was on TV for all of .5 seconds on a segment about Trip to Tipp in '97 and .5 seconds in Nationwide at Poulnabeg Dolmen last year. Totalling 1 second of fame for me, that I am aware of. Still have 14 mins and 59 seconds to use up.

Oh and I just remembered I am in an early 90's Timmy Mallet vid too. 14 mins and 58.5 left. Won't post the YT link, the music is absolutely horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

I have been in plenty of tv ads down the years through my dad. Here is my tv debut aged 6 months in this classic advert!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was an extra in a short-lived Irish show called The Big Bow Wow. Most people here have probably never seen it - be glad of that! I watched several episodes (which were excruciatingly bad) but was rewarded with seeing myself walk down a staircase with a drink in my hand

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭GSV

Lloyderz wrote: »
    ... Here is my tv debut aged 6 months in this classic advert!

Your ma has great legs. ;):D
    amdublin wrote: »
    What had you done?! What had you done?!

:eek::eek::eek:

I got on the wrong side of 2 guys in combat jackets, ski masks and carrying sawn-off shotguns.
    I was called a hero in the papers but they didn't know I'd used my Vulcan Death Grip & Ninja-like Tiger Pastry Attack moves. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I was on the TV last night cos i was at the Bray vs Monaghan match. In agony today cos i was in the crowd of people who were hurt due to the wall colapsing onto the pitch. Thank god nobody was hurt badly.

Was also on Sky news and ITV news when paul McCartney was married in Monaghan afew years back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Scratch Saturday (Had to suffer Kevo - what a pleb) in the audience, Tech TV as a one episode contributor back when Keelin Shanley was pretty hot, News 2 at 10:30 as an 'expert' being interviewed about an IT issue (Expert my arse), and most recently on TVN in Poland at Christmas time. I got asked in Polish if I'd say something about shopping in the centre I was in, I replied in Polish that my Polish was useless, but belt away ... she found out I was Irish, asked me a few questions, and then dubbed over all my answers on the news. Turns out they made me say that I come to Poland to buy all the presents for my Irish family because the prices are so cheap there as a result of the country being so poor and impoverished. Niiiiiiiicce. That went down well with the inlaws!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I did an interview at a FIFA video game tournament in 2006 in Berlin, representing team Ireland. To this day I know idea how I got on it, considering I am **** at the game. Did an interview with that muppet Dave Berry.

Great time, got a free trip to Germany with my dad and loads of free xbox stuff and adidas gear.

Also, I was on the German version MTV news years ago. They wore here for some premiere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

What video?

The band was called: Lir (an Irish band)

The song was called (i think); In a Day

It was shot in 'The gravediggers' pub in Glasnevin over about 2 days I would say in 1992 or 1993, there was a dove in the video and a big extractor fan! I was the girl twords the end wearing a red shorts suit drinking in the pub with this older man, he was an equity actor with a pinstripe suit in his 60's.

I never ever could find it online, if you can find it could you pm me a link?

ta!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Yes, I knocked out Mike Tyson in the 11th round.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Yes! I was in my Pink Pantar outfit shopping Grafton and this shoppe I passed had a cam focused on passersby with a telly monitor. I posed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Fair city extras and a bit outside the Your A Star auditions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

Was on The Toy Show when I was about 10 with two other people from my school, had to make one of those 3d puzzles of a carousel, I gave out about it the whole time and then when he asked what I'd give it out of 10 I said 8 (just cos the others I was on with gave their puzzles 8) and Gay Byrne made a show of me and said why are you giving it 8, I thought you said it wasn't very good! Cue a reddener from shy, 10 year old me, still hate Gay Byrne to this day! :o

On another note, for years I told people he smelled like **** but now that I'm older I realise it was probably mothballs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jimmyneo1

My brother and I were on the Late Late Toy Show years ago in the Gay Byrne days. Had to demonstrate how the toys worked etc. Got to go up to RTE every day for a week before it aired to play with the toys and practice what we were going to do. Good times.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Echo Island reviewing books,
    Met Ardal O Hanlon just before the last season of Fr Ted was shot remember him saying how they might be doing a jokey version of Speed.

Also on 6.01 when the teachers strike was on and got cornered by some guy in the old Dundrum shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

WindSock wrote: »
    I was on TV for all of .5 seconds on a segment about Trip to Tipp in '97 and .5 seconds in Nationwide at Poulnabeg Dolmen last year. Totalling 1 second of fame for me, that I am aware of. Still have 14 mins and 99 seconds to use up.

Oh and I just remembered I am in an early 90's Timmy Mallet vid too. 14 mins and 98.5 left. Won't post the YT link, the music is absolutely horrendous.

There's only 60 seconds in a minute! :pac:

I got stopped by Lucy Kennedy who was working on "The Rodge and Podge Show" while walking down the street about 4-5 years ago...can't remember what she asked me and I never watched the show, so I don't know if I appeared on the show or not... don't think I did because nobody ever said it to me.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

I was an extra in a Thai soap opera last year, spent the entire day having a massive waterfight with about 10 other travellers and 30 Thais in Bangkok, it was also my first full day off crutches in 5 weeks after a tubing accident in Laos, God I wish I was still travelling:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Was once on The Jeremy Kyle Show but got in a spot of bother when I regretfully threw a letter at him and it struck him over the head.

I was dreadfully embarrased that day, but one must see past these minor hiccups in life and carry on...................tally-ho, old boy!

Another time was when I litteraly bumped into Bertie Ahern who, for no apparent reason, was at the entrance of my church. He turned around, shook my hand and next thing I notice 2 or 3 TV cameras swarming around me. I got the hell out of there before they had me surrounded, no idea if I appeared in the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

There's only 60 seconds in a minute! :pac:

Gah, I meant go back and change that before but forgot. Please forgive me for such a grave error. I deserve to have my remaining 'fame' minutes to be cut down.

• Advertisement

My first (known!) TV appearance was only in September. I was in Birmingham at the Pope's visit (felt sorry for the poor man as he looked exhausted but, happily, he seemed to regain some of his energy later). A Sky News reporter came over <snip> and asked if he could interview some of us, having travelled across the pond. Thankfully, I wasn't interviewed - would have made a right heimes of it - but I stuck around in the background. Result: TV appearance for a few minutes.

And yes, I'm afraid I'm one of those "Look, Ma, I'm on TV!" types. I texted my mom but I thought it was BBC instead of Sky News and they missed it. (Served me right.) I only heard for sure that I was on it from a family up the road.

As an aside, the percentage of boardsies who've been on TV according to this poll is really high!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Advertisement