Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have You Ever Been On The Telly?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I was on an ad on rte for a few months and on the news once!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Quality wrote: »
    I was on an ad on rte for a few months

Quality street?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

mikom wrote: »
    Quality street?

Knorr quick soup ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭graceknowsstuff

I was an extra in 'Ros na Run'.
    Best cup of tea and sandwich I ever earned.

Same, I walked across Ros na Rún's "Tigh Thaidgh" while on work experience and got to sip tonic water.
    Ahh, my big break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

A photo of me for the 'happy birthday' section of The Den.

Also a quick flash of my face on an RTE feature about Educate Together schools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

bryaner wrote: »
    I watched the sunday game and saw myself on telly.

Asleep albeit but it was me.

Dam you I was famous for 3 seconds. ;)

In fairness, you were probably seen by way more people than a lot of cable TV show presenters!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

I'm Bella Doyles Stunt Double

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Crimecall, once. Luckily you couldn't tell it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Pawpad666

Glenster wrote: »
    I was in a water safety advert when I was about 7 or 8 but it was just before boybands started cornering the market so I never saw it shown. Still remember my line though...ahem.... "Look, look there's a boat overturned in the water!".....still got it.

It would never have beaten the "where's granddad?" one! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Once in Italy, and once in Austria, fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I've been on TV twice as far as i can remember. Once on the Cafe answering "what am I going to do when i finish the Leaving Cert"

The second one is probably slightly more interesting. I used to be in a community games "variety group" show for a few years with a certain brother and sister singing duo from Athlone.

One year anyways we had a very strong show and the den were recording one of the songs we were doing. Off camera I was talking to the presenter about the show(cant think of her name, she was the main out and about presenter i think),

I was one of the group's singers and I was pretty decent at the time, but I was under no illusion that Joe was the main attraction of the show (Donna was over -age at this stage) and I was saying as much to the presenter and she was like "no i think you're both very strong and you'll see every body will think so too". I was really happy with this anyways and we recorded the song.

Watching it back the next day or whatever, The presenter introduced us and walked off the stage to the audiences left, the side of the stage that I was on, and the light man completed dimmed the lights on the left part of the stage, so much so I was barely reconisable.... ****ing bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

Does anybody remember "The Big Breakfast" on Channel 4? Well I was on their Reading Festival 1997 show. Got interviewed by Denise Van Outen and all. However I didn't know it was happening until it happened so never got a chance to ring folk to video it. Tried to email the production company to see if I could get a copy of it years later but they had gone tits up.:(

Met some nice people on it though. They had Chumbawamba on and they were tons of fun:cool:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Been spotted in the crowd a few times at Bohs matches :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Pookah wrote: »
    Once in Italy, and once in Austria, fighting.

Is this Russell Crowe???

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I was on Nationwide a few years ago when working in a crappy museum , I was interviewed prior to the official opening, was really nervous. My mother was so proud she still has the video and shows it to people who vist ,poor things!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

population wrote: »
    Is this Russell Crowe???

How'd you guess?

I like to post on Irish forums, when I'm not off making Hollywood movies and banging starlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Been spotted in the crowd a few times at Bohs matches :o

Same here. Well, except for the Bohs part.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I was a guest on Seogie & O'Shea with my DH and DD and a few years earlier was on talk show with David McWilliams.

DH and I were in a documentary in 2004 on IVF

angeleyes wrote: »
    I was a guest on Seogie & O'Shea with my DH and DD and a few years earlier was on talk show with David McWilliams.

DH and I were in a documentary in 2004 on IVF

You are fond of anacronyms sir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Went to the Late Late Show once and got to ask Kenny Dalglish and Denis Law a question.

Worst night ever for freebies though.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

population wrote: »
    You are fond of anacronyms sir

Not a sir but very much a lady :)

DH is darling husband and DD is darling daughter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I was a 10 year old ,one of about 30 schoolboy extras in an irish film called ' a week in the life of Martin Cluxton ' and I managed to get copy on video when it was shown again on RTE about 10 years ago ( as far as I know the only footage of me as a kid ...all of 30 seconds ) .My pal got a speaking part in the film and he later went on to become a jockey ) .

Applied for and got tickets for the late late show but never ended up going .

I was also an extra several times in the soap Brookside and appeared on the local Granada tv when introduced to President McAleese when she came to Liverpool .We also had group photo published in Irish post shaken hands with the her

Have popped up on the BBC few times when marching in London with other ex soldiers and officers of the Irish Defence forces / IUNVA on Remembrance Sunday .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

I was on season 1 of Naked Camera of all thing. Outside the cinema on Parnell st. Still haven't lived it down.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Got a couple of interviews on the radio, show up in passing on the TV news bulletins. In a couple of books (I've got a short chapter in "War Stories of the Tankers"), and got myself published in An Cosantoir. I am also on the front cover of the official US Army report on the Iraq war to 2005. All related to my Army position.

Next appearance is in 'Hooligans at War', a documentary currently doing the film festival rounds (I'm in the trailer, online), and I'm trying to put together another article for An Cosantoir.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I was a guest on Seogie & O'Shea with my DH and DD ..

You were on tv because you have a DD cupsize AND a DH cupsize? Interesting breast arrangement and worthy of RTE filming I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Not a sir but very much a lady :)

I just spewed on my keyboard.

Well, not really, but I did gag a little.

Was a guest on open house in 2003.
    Last year my dad won dad of the year so we were on Ireland AM!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I've been an extra loads of time on various TG4 stuff over the years. I also once sent a letter into News2Day pretending to be a fan of the show named Mike Hunt, hoping the female newsreader would read it out. She did. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Could you not just say H and D / husband and daughter.

Why the need for the darling :confused:

Just wondering like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

ollaetta wrote: »
    Went to the Late Late Show once and got to ask Kenny Dalglish and Denis Law a question.

Worst night ever for freebies though.:(

My mother was in the audiencec for the Late Late Show the night that your man verbally attacked Pat Kenny ("you're an insuffferable @&%$... etc etc)

She said apart from that happening it was the most boring night of her life.

I was in the audience for a filming of Colm & Jim Jim's Home Run. That was some bad sh1t. People were asking could they go out to the toilet and then not coming back. So then they stopped letting people go out :( Eventually we all escaped around midnight. That is a night I don't like thinking about. Goddamn you OP for this thread and bringing up this repressed painful memory.

Advertisement