Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have You Ever Been On The Telly?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ye I was in a film that was on channel 4/bbc/network 2/the cinema etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Yep....I was on Jo Maxi, and Pat's Pals and I was interviewed by Sybil Mulcahy on TV3 news for queuing all night for Robbie Williams tickets...well i say interviewed she only asked me one question :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was seen in the background during an interview between RTE and womans rights when they raided the 40 foot mens bathing place in the 70's I was about 8 at the time. The footage has been shown several times since on reeling in the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I was on A Prayer at Bedtime :o:o

I was also on Echo Island doing the 60 Second Quiz as gaeilge (about the movie Hercules) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

I've been on a few things now that I think of it. I was even a talking head on something once.
    I was seen in the background during an interview between RTE and womans rights when they raided the 40 foot mens bathing place in the 70's I was about 8 at the time. The footage has been shown several times since on reeling in the years.

I remember that. I saw pubes.

• Advertisement

I was on A Prayer at Bedtime :o:o

I was also on Echo Island doing the 60 Second Quiz as gaeilge (about the movie Hercules) :D

LMFAO :D:D:D:D What were you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Celtic vs. Liverpool, 1997, at Parkhead... In the 80th minute the camera go's through the crowd and my big smiley head can be seen:D

I was only 10 years old, so to be on national telly for a few seconds was huge for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Fanta Roadshow back in the day...

I don't want to talk about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

When travelling in Singapore I was an extra on a TV series called Fish market, about how Singapore grew from nothing to what it is today.
    Never saw the series myself though so not sure I was actually "almost famous".

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

LMFAO :D:D:D:D What were you doing?

My mam's friend was on the production team, and around September time they wanted to do a prayer for young people moving away to college for the first time. My sister was around college age, and I was around 10. They came to the house and filmed various cringe-worthy scenes, including me looking at a framed family picture on the mantlepiece and smiling sadly, then bringing it over to my mam and sister on the couch while we all looked at it and pretended to cry then laugh. FML.

• Advertisement

My mam's friend was on the production team, and around September time they wanted to do a prayer for young people moving away to college for the first time. My sister was around college age, and I was around 10. They came to the house and filmed various cringe-worthy scenes, including me looking at a framed family picture on the mantlepiece and smiling sadly, then bringing it over to my mam and sister on the couch while we all looked at it and pretended to cry then laugh. FML.

awww that sounds sweet, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't giggling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I was in a water safety advert when I was about 7 or 8 but it was just before boybands started cornering the market so I never saw it shown. Still remember my line though...ahem.... "Look, look there's a boat overturned in the water!".....still got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

awww that sounds sweet, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't giggling :D

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

And I don't mean sitting on top of it - but actually on a TV program.. like a reality show, an audience member, or featured in CCTV footage of a bank robbery on Garda Patrol? etc...

Tell us your TV story!

I was at the Zoo with my brother in the mid seventies and Anything goes, Bet most of ye don't remember that one, were there filming a newborn Giraffe. They were looking for kids to be filmed singing happy birthday to the little fecker. My dad promised me and my brother a Fiver each if we did it. So we did it and we were on one saturday morning. I'm still waiting for my bloody fiver though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Me and a few friends were scoreboard sign carriers during the Irish Open at Carton in 2004 or 2005...on one of the days I got a golfer who was doing pretty well so for hours there was footage of me in the background trying to hold onto a sign much bigger than me in lashing rain...attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

I was on a sky sport youth cup playing against Harltepool in the youth cup 03/04 . Playing for Leeds centre half number 5 on trial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Actually yeah and I was on TG4 in the Munster schools rugby final; back in the heady days of 2004. But does TG4 really count as telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Not really but I was in the audience for some TG4 dating show. I cant speak/understand Irish so I had to just follow the crowd with the cheering and other panto type responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Yeah twice. Once was when TV3 were over in Lapland. I was just walking in the background. Another time was when I was watching a rugby match. Nothing really spectacular but it was a good laugh at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

I did majorettes as a kid and was in a few St. Patricks day parades. One year I got about 2 seconds (literally) on the RTE news round-up of the parades from around the country. Fame!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

You know how whenever it snows RTÉ news shows some kids building snowmen or throwing snowballs, well back in the day I was one of those illustrious children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

A music video
    Fair City Extra (the shame!)
    James May's big ideas.
    what was the music video?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Oh yeah and i was in the film bloody sunday when the riots were going on it was filmed in ballymun (my area no puns please) and the when the wore riot i was holding a sign standing in the front of the protest march.
    The direcoter sent out sheets for us to fill in will in class ha brilliant it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I was caught on camera in Croke park asleep after a good suck of pints, Meath v Dublin 2001.

My uncle still likes to remind me of it every time we meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

According to this poll, three quarters of people have been on TV at some point.

Either AH is extremely popular in RTE, or else this is another example of how unrepresentative Boards polls tend to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Either AH is extremely popular in RTE, or else this is another example of how unrepresentative Boards polls tend to be.
    Ireland is such a small country it's actually quite possible that this many people have been on telly one way or another

Ahh easy tiger you will get on telly some day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

bryaner wrote: »
    Ahh easy tiger you will get on telly some day. :D

:D

Actually, I used to be on telly quite a bit, though it's not the day job.

People would always comment on it when they'd seen me. And they'd ask about what it was like, and so on. That's what makes me think that probably most people haven't been on telly.

Of course, there are different ways of being on telly, I suppose. But it's one thing being Pat Kenny with your own show every week for decades and another sitting in the crowd at Croker for a match.

In movies, if you don't have a speaking role, you aren't credited generally. You're just an extra. For me, the same would apply to telly. If the camera pointed at you and you spoke, then you were on telly. If not, then you weren't really.

:D

Actually, I used to be on telly quite a bit, though it's not the day job.

People would always comment on it when they'd seen me. And they'd ask about what it was like, and so on. That's what makes me think that probably most people haven't been on telly.

Of course, there are different ways of being on telly, I suppose. But it's one thing being Pat Kenny with your own show every week for decades and another sitting in the crowd at Croker for a match.

In movies, if you don't have a speaking role, you aren't credited generally. You're just an extra. For me, the same would apply to telly. If the camera pointed at you and you spoke, then you were on telly. If not, then you weren't really.

I watched the sunday game and saw myself on telly.

Asleep albeit but it was me.

Dam you I was famous for 3 seconds. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I was on TG4 when i was younger doing a piece on getting a skatepark to our town to help fight the drug problem. I didnt actually skateboard myself, but the Irish language capabilities of the people it was for only included phrases like "Tiocfaidh ar la" so i volunteered.

Advertisement