Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have You Ever Been On The Telly?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well, feck yis all with yer fancy television stories.. I've never been on the box. :mad:
    You were in yore ma's box though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I was on the Disney Club with Oisín, the talking dog (who, to my horror, did not actually talk!). There was dancing involved. Ugh.

Edit: I also featured in an Austrian beer commercial. Unintentionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Was on school around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

When I was young I had a bit-part in a music video. I had to play a teenage bimbo of a sugar Daddy. :p:o

It was shown on MTV and 'the Den' -possibly other things but we only had 6 or 7 channels at the time!

I qualify because technically I was on telly! :pac::pac:
    What video?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

On telly a few times. Once am still embarressed to admit - not happy though when a few people pointed it out to me - and there was tens of thousands of people there.

Second time was on Nationwide - again I was told about it.

That's it, can't think of any other ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Dudess wrote: »
    You were in yore ma's box though...
    Oooh...oh...only you can get away with that in here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Well, feck yis all with yer fancy television stories.. I've never been on the box. :mad:

Been out of my box quite a few times though.

You're like the opposite of Bosco! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

anniehoo wrote: »
    Oooh...oh...only you can get away with that in here :D
    Nah, I was only a Karoma/Terry/AlmightyCushion girl - never did sexual favours for After Hours Mods: The New Bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Was in New York during the summer of 2007 and CBS/NBC, one of them, were doing their local weather forecast from the top of rockerfeller centre where all the tourists were. One of those daily lunchtime things where the weather girl is on top of the building talking about the current conditions.

Anyways they end the forecast with one of those cheesy american moments where a granny who had just turned 100 was on tv with her whole family.

Camera pans around to her in her wheelchair and whos in beside her with the family.....me, with a big sunburnt happy irish head on me in a gaa jersey, smiling and nodding along like a relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I remember I was on it for the Smoke Busters on RTE (or Network 2) on a program called Check Up. Was part of a thing for my school at the time to prevent kids from taking up smoking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Was on local tv in America a few times. Just the usual ask the fans stuff after some of the school or local college games. Ended up in a Mexican travel documentary about Ireland while down in Galway for the weekend. I wasn't aware it was a big enough production. Thought it was just a student thing or something. A friend living in Mexico caught it one day on tv and was surprised when i found out. Also done an interview with a channel in Buenos Aires after a Boca game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Glenroe, twice. Nothing exciting - I was just in the background on both occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

News reels, motorsport programmes.
    More of a paper man.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I was on the news on the BBC for the Derry City St Pats cup final a couple of seasons ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Was an extra in the movie 'Michael Collins'. The Croke Park scene where the British Army shoot up the place, it was Bray soccer pitch really.
    Underneath the scoreboard behind the goal. Just missed an oscar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Yeah, long time ago around Christmas time.

Was trying to stick some tinsel to the ceiling and it was the only way I could reach, lost my balance in the end and fell on the cat.

Ah, no seriously, I was once though ..

I was in New York on a family holiday as a kid and we went down to see if we could get tickets to see The Late Show with David Letterman.

While we were queuing, the rehearsals were on and the guests were signing autographs.

One of the guests was Kojak and he gave me a jockey back around Central Park.

It was great being on Telly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Back in the hayday, when The Den was covering the community games in Mosney. They showed me slammin some girls face into the mat at the Judo finals. It was a good day for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Was part of an 'establishing' shot for the news when Bill Clinton visited Dundalk. Myself and two mates were nearly the first to arrive and the news teams were still setting up.

Was also interviewed about Sellafield in a shopping centre but I was so hungover they didn't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Several times. I've been an audience member about 10 times on stuff like Graham Norton (sometimes got shown, sometimes not) and been interviewed on MTV and the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Yes, myself and my now wife starred in a national ad campaign for a recruitment website.

It was hard work, but life at the top usually is.

No, really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I made a few enquiries to RTE, and followed the trail to some production company in Maynooth. I wanted to be one of the people on The Angelus

It was my minor life goal to be on that when I was living there. I really didn't put enough effort into it.

I gave up, and regret it ever since. As far as I'm concerned, that would be the highest prize for a "have you been on the telly" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I was Michael Knights evil twin Garth. Most people at the time thought it was just the Hoff with a fake ronnie. Now you know the truth.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

bw wrote: »
    I made a few enquiries to RTE, and followed the trail to some production company in Maynooth. I wanted to be one of the people on The Angelus

It was my minor life goal to be on that when I was living there. I really didn't put enough effort into it.

I gave up, and regret it ever since. As far as I'm concerned, that would be the highest prize for a "have you been on the telly" thread.

They put a sign up every now and then in the production place there that they're looking for extras for it. I saw the sign once and was going to go for it but was heading away that weekend. Biggest. Regret. Ever.

I was on some region show on TG4 years ago, when it was still TnG. I've no idea what it was about, but I remember they brought us into the dingiest club in Cork (Sir Henry's) during the day, and we were all 12 - 14, I remember everything was black and I think we had to say what we liked about Cork. Remember watching it later and the camera was going in and out constantly, almost made me sick. Would love to find out what the hell I was on.

Was also on Cork local TV a few times back in the day when my dad was being interviewed for some things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I was on the Den for my birthday as a child.

Then TV3 for a street census of Iris Robinson's extra-marital activities:D.

And the Frontline last night. (Thankfully no one really watches that though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

I was on echo island before, they came down to Shannon and we were showing them around the town for a piece on it. I was chosen from my school to be the presenter. I was only about 12 so I hadn't yet learned shame and I did whatever they asked me. Whatever they asked me.

Then the bastards told us it would be on one day and put it on a different day instead. Only got to see it because some other guy in the class taped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Been out of my box quite a few times though.

You did ask

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I was seen on TV in South Africa, doing something obscene to a dead sheep ... playing the Highland Bagpipes in a pipe band, in other words. We'd been touring the country, and ended up on TV playing with an orchestra. Nobody looks good in a kilt, huffing his lungs out in to a sheep's stomach. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Was on eco eye once. My old job were featured on it, My boss was pretending to be interested in the environment and i was fixing stuff in the background.

Also think i was on RTE radio speaking about pogs..remember pogs? Well they are back.. in Alf form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

was in the crowd on the millionare show when me dad was on it. i was about five and making faces the entire time.

(and before ya's ask, he won f*ck all :()

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

was an extra on the West Wing once in Washington. Met all the cast too. Great day

Advertisement