Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I thought it was great, the whole Andrea/Governer scene was very tense.

I also don't think its impossible for him to track her down, he knows exactly where she is going which makes it a much easier task.

And I don't know what everyone else thought, but I thought so far this season is just the right amount of action / story and character development. There is still two episodes left, they are not going to do anything major two episodes before the finale.

Have you ever actually attempted to track anybody down? If the person you are tracking is perhaps following a road or is travelling in a car it is possible, but when Andrea was first sighted she was in a field where there appeared to not be any roads nearby (correct me if I'm wrong). The gov managed to then track her down a second time after she had escaped, with no map or compass or clue in which direction she sat off in, he then found her on foot and managed to get the jump on her just as she reached the prison. Now lets look at the fact that this is the zombie apocalypse and ever humanoid figure is potentially a flesh eating zombie. I would have assumed that Andrea, a well seasoned survivor would have been constantly checking all arcs of sight to ensure no zombie would come up from behind and bite her. She would have spotted the gov a mile off and heard him shuffle up behind her.

I know its just a show but you have to agree that lately there have been a good few situations and scenes that are just not realistic, this is whats annoying me about the show. In season 1 I didn't notice it at all and in season 2 there was a slight bit. But now in season 3 it just seems to be padding here and padding there to attempt to stretch out the season and make more money as they know people will watch whatever crap they spew out.

To be honest I'm just disappointed as I absolutely love the idea of the walking dead, and since mid season 2 it hasn't been what it could/should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The one thing about the walking dead everybody has to remember is that it's a drama. It's not an action show, it's eastenders with zombies.

Evd-Burner wrote: »
    Have you ever actually attempted to track anybody down? If the person you are tracking is perhaps following a road or is travelling in a car it is possible, but when Andrea was first sighted she was in a field where there appeared to not be any roads nearby (correct me if I'm wrong).
    It looks like the mistake she made was going across an open field, I'm sure the field could be a known crossing point as the forests seem dangerous.....

Actually on that, is it annoying anyone else that there always seems to be a gaggle of zombies everywhere? No matter how far away from civilisation they get a group of zombies seem to spawn out of nowhere. It seems like they use a random zombie attack to appease action fans and fill a bit of space in the story.
    The gov managed to then track her down a second time after she had escaped, with no map or compass or clue in which direction she sat off in,
    He did see the direction she headed off in and could rightly assume that after spending so much time running she may be tired and try hiding instead.

The thing is people can do all sorts of dumb things when under the influence of fear. Anything is actually possible. How the gov caught up to her the third time was a bit too Hollywood.

You just have to ignore the little things, it's still the best examples of zombies in decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

And it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE that the gov was able to track down Andrea not once but twice? Come on at least make things somewhat realistic.

That was stupid all right.

Next season, I will probably watch 3 episodes at a time. Might enjoy it more that way.

Yeah but look at the shape and layout of the field that she was walking in. Also take a look at the geography of the area that both groups are currently in. There are plenty of grassland openings between forests. This has been shown in multiple episodes throughout the season. Also take a look at the distance the gov was in his jeep. Atleast 4-500 meters away and his vision would have been obscured by the tall grass. Also the clothing and hair type of Andrea would helped her blend into her surroundings, plus she was down hill and would not have been silhouetted against the background. It would be impossible to spot her the way he did.

TBH it just irritates me how TWD has been going lately.

@Mickey Dolenz I think I shall do the same. Make it somewhat interesting :P
    ScumLord wrote: »
    The one thing about the walking dead everybody has to remember is that it's a drama. It's not an action show, it's eastenders with zombies.

It looks like the mistake she made was going across an open field, I'm sure the field could be a known crossing point as the forests seem dangerous.....

Actually on that, is it annoying anyone else that there always seems to be a gaggle of zombies everywhere? No matter how far away from civilisation they get a group of zombies seem to spawn out of nowhere. It seems like they use a random zombie attack to appease action fans and fill a bit of space in the story.

He did see the direction she headed off in and could rightly assume that after spending so much time running she may be tired and try hiding instead.

The thing is people can do all sorts of dumb things when under the influence of fear. Anything is actually possible. How the gov caught up to her the third time was a bit too Hollywood.

You just have to ignore the little things, it's still the best examples of zombies in decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

This is the main thing that's annoyed me about this season. In the last episode there was two fine examples. Andrea hiding behind the tree. She cleary would have seen the z's but is suddenly surrounded by three of them. They popped up out of nowhere.

Then again in the factory. There must have been at least ten on the stairwell. What reason could there possibly be for them to waiting there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Have you ever actually attempted to track anybody down? If the person you are tracking is perhaps following a road or is travelling in a car it is possible, but when Andrea was first sighted she was in a field where there appeared to not be any roads nearby (correct me if I'm wrong). The gov managed to then track her down a second time after she had escaped, with no map or compass or clue in which direction she sat off in, he then found her on foot and managed to get the jump on her just as she reached the prison. Now lets look at the fact that this is the zombie apocalypse and ever humanoid figure is potentially a flesh eating zombie. I would have assumed that Andrea, a well seasoned survivor would have been constantly checking all arcs of sight to ensure no zombie would come up from behind and bite her. She would have spotted the gov a mile off and heard him shuffle up behind her.

I know its just a show but you have to agree that lately there have been a good few situations and scenes that are just not realistic, this is whats annoying me about the show. In season 1 I didn't notice it at all and in season 2 there was a slight bit. But now in season 3 it just seems to be padding here and padding there to attempt to stretch out the season and make more money as they know people will watch whatever crap they spew out.

To be honest I'm just disappointed as I absolutely love the idea of the walking dead, and since mid season 2 it hasn't been what it could/should have.

From what I saw it looked like he was following a road when he saw Andrea in the field. He curved off behind it and only after he realised it was her did he turn back.

After he loses her we assume she keeps going in generally the same direction, and for some reason goes into that construction building. The governer is driving past and he hears a bucket being kicked in there so he goes in to investigate.

The third one was the only one that was off to me, the other two while difficult are not impossible. Though storywise the third one makes for an interesting story.

I think you're looking into things too deep. A show about zombies isn't the best show to complain about realism. I'm sure if you watch season 1 and season 2 again with the same mindset you seem to have now you'll notice the same amount of "problems".

As for your other post, 4-500m is incredibly off. It was 20-30 metres at most, and I don't think a brown jacket, and bright blonde hair would help her blend in to the background in an open green field.

My main point is, stop letting little things like this stop you from enjoying the show, you complain about there not being enough action, yet when the writes write in action you complain its not realistic enough.

I agree with Mickey, some people prefer to watch shows all at once, I've done it for many shows and it makes the story a lot easier to follow. But you're also missing out on the suspense.

Moving on.. did anyone see the terrible fake stab to the walker's head by Andrea after she runs up the hill into the trees, that was one of my only problems with this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

There is no way the governor would have made it out of that building alive!
    Andrea should have just kept shuffling when she heard his jeep, was her reactions that would have caught his eye.
    She looks like she was bit when she was pinned against the tree, her forearm was literally brushing zombies teeth. Course they are magic zombies so maybe that is the difference.
    As for dramatic pauses when staring at your goal, now andrea, where did that get you!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A show about zombies isn't the best show to complain about realism.
    I disagree. I think that's part of the problem with zombie films.. Well it's a problem with American films in general but they've run amok with the idea in zombie films. The only real stretch of the imagination that's needed is that dead matter reanimates. After that everything can be based in fact. I think American films suffer from the attitude that anything is acceptable, it hurts everything from the effects to he story. When they write themselves into a corner they can just use some improbable get out and we are all just obliged to accept that unlikely event can happen.

I think the WWZ series showed that when you put more thought into things and start putting the restraints of real life onto your story it's develops in more interesting ways. When people behave how we know people behave in real life rather than as heroes the story affects us more.

Look at breaking bad, we see more of a real life scenario and everything benefits from it, especially the viewer because they story brings real insight rather than just simple entertainment.

I disagree. I think that's part of the problem with zombie films.. Well it's a problem with American films in general but they've run amok with the idea in zombie films. The only real stretch of the imagination that's needed is that dead matter reanimates. After that everything can be based in fact. I think American films suffer from the attitude that anything is acceptable, it hurts everything from the effects to he story. When they write themselves into a corner they can just use some improbable get out and we are all just obliged to accept that unlikely event can happen.

Look at breaking bad, we see more of a real life scenario and everything benefits from it, especially the viewer because they story brings real insight rather than just simple entertainment.

Yeah you're right, I didn't think that point through very well.

That made me think though, I'd like if somebody made a zombie movie that tries to be as realistic as possible (bar the zombies of course). Perhaps they could go into detail about how it started, how it spread, downfall of the military stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

phill106 wrote: »
    There is no way the governor would have made it out of that building alive!
    Andrea should have just kept shuffling when she heard his jeep, was her reactions that would have caught his eye.
    She looks like she was bit when she was pinned against the tree, her forearm was literally brushing zombies teeth. Course they are magic zombies so maybe that is the difference.
    As for dramatic pauses when staring at your goal, now andrea, where did that get you!

Literally :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Literally :p

I literally mean literally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Andrea survived for ages out in the open and has well developed muscle memory to stab a grabbing zombie in the head as a reflex. No matter how tired she was the Governor grabbing her from behind would have gotten 6 inches of well worn steel into his scull before he could say "Boo".

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

am i the only one that was rooting for the govener when he was trying to run down andera ???

and no one else is excited that morgan is makeing his way to the prison ???

Morgan making his way to the prison? Didn't see that... Please fill me in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

jugger wrote: »
    am i the only one that was rooting for the govener when he was trying to run down andera ???

In my own head I imagined he was just driving in second/third gear to mess with her.

and no one else is excited that morgan is makeing his way to the prison ???

Where did you see that?

at the very end a unknown person is pouring petrol on zombies and burning them at the zombie trap/pit just like morgan was doing in his home town so im guessing that morgan is going to join rick :D

at the very end a unknown person is pouring petrol on zombies and burning them at the zombie trap/pit just like morgan was doing in his home town so im guessing that morgan is going to join rick :D

You're joking right? That was either Milton or Martinez.
    I'm hoping it was Martinez, but all signs are pointing towards Milton.

In my own head I imagined he was just driving in second/third gear to mess with her.

i can imagine his dilemma

pros cracking body

cons she's andera :D

You're joking right? That was either Milton or Martinez.
    I'm hoping it was Martinez, but all signs are pointing towards Milton.

milton......please
    martinez i think he likes been henchman number one two much
    and either of them getting out of woodberry at night with a jeep and a couple of gallons of gas without the govener finding out i dont think so.......i think its morgan as he seems to really likes burning zombies but i have been wrong before:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

pretty sure it's milton too, the conversation between them at the end really points to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Might be merle who burned the zombies, he should know where they are kept?

And as for andrea , thank god it couldnt come quick enough. I cant stand her.

well we will find out on sunday

i dont think its merle either he wouldnt care about the pit he would go straight for the govener

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

It was all but spelt out to us that milton did it . how would morgan even know about the pits???:confused:

This Morgan thing could hold some ground, he's credited in the next episode although it being Milton seems the more likely scenario. I'd say Morgan will show up and save the day somehow though.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    It was all but spelt out to us that milton did it . how would morgan even know about the pits???:confused:

fair point and like i said i have been wrong before

although the pit do have those wind/noise/zombie attractors things he could hear or see them and check it out

here is a quick link to pass the time untill the next show :)
    http://images.duelos.net/index?id=128
    i think the last fact (if it is a fact ) is pretty intresting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I remember somebody was talking about how many survivors there would be left post apocalypse and that 15 facts thingy say that walkers outnumber humans 5000 to 1 so there would be approximately 63,000 survivors in the united states :)

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I remember somebody was talking about how many survivors there would be left post apocalypse and that 15 facts thingy say that walkers outnumber humans 5000 to 1 so there would be approximately 63,000 survivors in the united states :)

ok so 63,000 survivors
    and the us is 3.79 million square miles
    so how many square miles per person
    I suck at math so I wait in anticipation :D

• Advertisement

ok so 63,000 survivors
    and the us is 3.79 million square miles
    so how many square miles per person
    I suck at math so I wait in anticipation :D

about 60