Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah i felt bad for him but what was he thinking being so bloody loud?
    And why was he walking?
    And... why didnt he have mufflers on the clangy things on his rucksack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Ah I hate hikers. All they are good for is Zombie snacks.

Zombies 1 : Hiker 0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

And another action packed episode, a little bit more interesting than previous one, I don't even feel excited about watching the series anymore.

I used to get hyped up every Sunday or Monday seeing it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

And with all the shooting i thought rick was gonna hear the holler if they needed help? Im all for dramatic licence but he must be deaf!
    I think Americans just can't hear gunshots from familiarity. You see it in all American films and TV, people shot guns in neighbourhoods made out of timber houses and none of the neighbours bat an eyelid. They also have the situational awareness of a sloth with a hangover. At the beginning they don't notice zombies coming up to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

ScumLord wrote: »
    At the beginning they don't notice zombies coming up to the car.
    I dont think it was that they didnt see the zombies coming so much as trying trying to give the impression that everyone is so battle weary and familiar with zombies that they're hardly even worthy of a reaction anymore in contrast to earlier episodes where any zombie was cause for panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I fought the temptation not to check up who was the "familiar face" on yesterday's episode, but I had the feeling .... and then bingo!

So Morgan lost the plot but is sane enough to sense that there's something going on with Rick so stays away from Rick's dictatorship. Good on Morgan. Though he could have been helpful. Now he knows they are in the jail. He might pop up for a snack and kill some Woodburians :D

Now, seriously I thought that Carl was going to cause trouble again going to get the crib and the pic. Remember the farm? Where's Carl = Zombie attack. Looks like badass carl is manning up

And on the hiker. Have they become so selfish and paranoid as not to help someone alone on the road. True they are threatened on every single front and the survival of the fittest thingy, but come on.

Good episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

if I'm not mistaken, michonne was driving the car to the place.
    but at the end, when they were packing up, Rick asked if she can drive???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Perhaps they had a deal she drives there and he drives back? I noticed it too but didn't bother thinking twice about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

She drove there alright.

It was one of my favourite episodes so far. It's really down to the nitty gritty of survival now.

I liked how they stopped for the dude's backpack and didn't give two shíts about him :p
    show's that they're becoming a cold, guiltless group of people. That's exactly what it would be like for the majority of humanity.

• Advertisement

I thought it was just a dig, "well I can't drive because I'm nuts so you better again".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Is there a reason we have seen lots more surivors popping up in recent episodes than in the whole of last season. the hitchhiker, morgan, the latino family in the car, the group that Rick sent away from the prison and are now with the govenor. Based purely on the most recent episodes there would appear to be lots more survivors than previously thought. Or are the numbers of walkers declining meaning people are more able to move around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭RoryMac

touts wrote: »
    Is there a reason we have seen lots more surivors popping up in recent episodes than in the whole of last season. the hitchhiker, morgan, the latino family in the car, the group that Rick sent away from the prison and are now with the govenor. Based purely on the most recent episodes there would appear to be lots more survivors than previously thought. Or are the numbers of walkers declining meaning people are more able to move around?
    I'd say not being on a farm in the middle of nowhere helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I would imagine we are seeing more people passing through because perhaps their is a herd on the way and people may be fleeing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I thought it was quiet cold that they left the hiker there tbh. They softened towards Michonne not long after they showed a cruel streak toward the hiker. Strange displays of emotion. No matter, it could have been for a number of reasons; the gun run was too important to take a stranger on, he could have been a plant by Woodbury etc. He was only a plot device at the end of the day.

I would have thought that they would need all the people they could get in the fight against Woodbury though, especially since Rick tried so hard to convince Morgan to come with them. I hope we see Morgan again, good character + great actor.

Great episode overall.

Last night's episode.
    well last night's episode!!

set next week's one up very very nicely! Glad the maggie and glen sorting **** out... :D
    merle pushing boundaries again... sure what else is new

I got the feeling from daryl and that other dude when they were smoking that neither of them want this hassle, and they're both just happy killing zed' instead of each other...

perhaps a coup is on the table and everyone lives happily ever after?

oh, and it was a very slow paced episode :(

It was a slow paced episode, but I guess it had to be done to set up for the finale.
    Calm before the storm and all that.

Really, I don't think anyone likes The Governer, not even his own people, Milton his right hand man seems to hate him.
    In terms of survival Rick should have just shot the Governor there and then, and became the new leader of Woodbury, its clear that the only person who wants bloodshed is The Governor, so get rid of him and everyone lives in harmony.

Of course, it would make for terrible TV so that won't happen :P

I fear Maggie won't make it through to the next season, with that scene with her and Glen outside I was just expecting a sniper or something to shoot her, don't know why, just felt like something bad was about to happen.

Yep, slow one alright. I wanted Merle to kill someone, something, anything!

I fear Maggie won't make it through to the next season, with that scene with her and Glen outside I was just expecting a sniper or something to shoot her, don't know why, just felt like something bad was about to happen.
    Same here.

Well, looks like finally blondie will wake up and smell the coffee. Here's the governor trying to fool us. Nasty one he is. Well, we know that.

Priceless "Call me maybe" moment between Hershell and Milton hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I can not understand Andreas ego, she really seems to think that she can influence the governor and that he and Rick will listen to what she has to say.

To me, when she walked into their meeting it came across as though she really believed she could lay down the law and the two men would obey. I have no fecking idea how she came to be so deluded as it was obvious from day one that the governor only saw her as a piece of ass but it seems as though she really believes he values her opinion, wtf??

I really hope there will be no more casualties to the existing group, they have already been reduced radically.

• Advertisement

Daisy M wrote: »
    I can not understand Andreas ego, she really seems to think that she can influence the governor and that he and Rick will listen to what she has to say.
    I don't know it's that she thinks she has a big influence over them just that she's desperate to resolve the conflict and minimise casualties.

I think she's pretty confident and isn't afraid to voice her opinion but I don't think she's ego driven, she has an air of worry about her.

Andrea and the Gov. playing cat and mouse was brilliant :)

Andrea and the Gov. playing cat and mouse was brilliant :)
    And claustrophobic. Why didn't she take the pick up and drive away...? Again, her actions are unreal....

A bit late for her own safety to see the governor as he is. Late to redeem herself as well.

I assume Milton might be the governor's next target to get rid off, unless he doesn't think of Milton as a menace to his power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Another crappy episode to be honest. I'm getting a bit sick of TWD lately, not enjoying the show the way I should be. It seems that all each episode does is set up for the next episode where again nothing really happens and it just sets things up for the following episode. We seen it in season 2 where the entire season basically just geared up for the final episode or 2.

And it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE that the gov was able to track down Andrea not once but twice? Come on at least make things somewhat realistic.

Evd-Burner wrote: »
    Another crappy episode to be honest. I'm getting a bit sick of TWD lately, not enjoying the show the way I should be. It seems that all each episode does is set up for the next episode where again nothing really happens and it just sets things up for the following episode. We seen it in season 2 where the entire season basically just geared up for the final episode or 2.

And it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE that the gov was able to track down Andrea not once but twice? Come on at least make things somewhat realistic.

I thought it was great, the whole Andrea/Governer scene was very tense.

I also don't think its impossible for him to track her down, he knows exactly where she is going which makes it a much easier task.

And I don't know what everyone else thought, but I thought so far this season is just the right amount of action / story and character development. There is still two episodes left, they are not going to do anything major two episodes before the finale.

I miss it the way it was in season 1.all action and story in between.

Now it's story story story and some action

i'd rather have the story the way it's being played out right now tbh, you know it's building to a massive confrontation between the two groups, and you can already see the fractures in the governors group with Ty and whathisname nerdyguy who fancies hershall's leg. Judging by the trailer for next week it's going to be a show the fractures in the prison camp show, which should be awesome because Merle.

Because Merle.

i'd rather have the story the way it's being played out right now tbh, you know it's building to a massive confrontation between the two groups, and you can already see the fractures in the governors group with Ty and whathisname nerdyguy who fancies hershall's leg. Judging by the trailer for next week it's going to be a show the fractures in the prison camp show, which should be awesome because Merle.

Because Merle.

Yeah but Season 1 was full of awesome, each episode had tension of what was going to happen next. Season two was a lot weaker on that front.

Season 3 is just going worse. I don't want to have to wait till the end of the season to enjoy the series. I want to be on the edge each and every episode, thats why I fell in love with TWD in the first place, even the video game on Xbox was like that, each episode was gripping.

Fair enough some might have preferences to the way this plays out, id rather 15 hours of action, rather once again 14 hours of story and 1 episode of action...

Yeah but Season 1 was full of awesome, each episode had tension of what was going to happen next. Season two was a lot weaker on that front.

Season 3 is just going worse. I don't want to have to wait till the end of the season to enjoy the series. I want to be on the edge each and every episode, thats why I fell in love with TWD in the first place, even the video game on Xbox was like that, each episode was gripping.

Fair enough some might have preferences to the way this plays out, id rather 15 hours of action, rather once again 14 hours of story and 1 episode of action...

Season 1 and Season 3 are on very different levels. Season 1 was only six episodes long, it didn't have time for a whole lot of character development, it needed to move the story along quicker.

Season 2 was a kinda slow, I still liked season 2 but thats because I'm one of the people who like character development.

Season 3 has a nice balance.

You need a reason to care about the action, if there was absolutely no character development at all then the action would be boring, because the characters would be dying but you wouldn't have grown attached to them.

TV series aren't made to be constant action, if you want action all the time go watch a die hard movie.

• Advertisement

even die hard had some character development :D

I know what you mean though and the pace is a lot slower, savor it man, it wont last!

Advertisement