Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Episode Discussion - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I think i over hyped this coming episode, it was ok seemed to spread out to me. But it was a good watch as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

You people are mad, that episode was fantastic!

Lori wrecks everything even when she's dead lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Merle still not getting any love.

He lost a hand !! They dumped him and left him on a roof with a hacksaw.
    Then his brother joins a gang of hippies and gets his head turned by a woman.
    I think they should do an episode from Merle's point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

TheUsual wrote: »
    Merle still not getting any love.

He lost a hand !! They dumped him and left him on a roof with a hacksaw.
    Then his brother joins a gang of hippies and gets his head turned by a woman.
    I think they should do an episode from Merle's point of view.

thay would be epic but the pc brigade would go mental lol

i thought it was a pretty good episode to be fair just the wait was too long its going to get better and better though i cant wait to see what happens to drive daryl back to the group merly is not the type of guy to let things slide he has a grude againts ricks group and not the govener but i still thing its a cunning plan to get a inside man in the prison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Meh bit disappointed tbh. Next episode looks better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

You people are mad, that episode was fantastic!

Lori wrecks everything even when she's dead lol!

You've got to hand it to Sara Wayne Callis' Agent. In Prison break they chopped off her head in one season and he still got her back in next season. Now they have her body completely eaten by a Zombie and he still got her back.

I want him to negotiate my mortgage repayments with the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Wow
    Watched the latest one ,what a great episode
    You had the whole interaction between Glenn and Maggie and how hes trying to be the tough guy,then Merle and Daryl alone in the woods and meeting the other group with their child and fighting off the walkers
    Rick turning all psychotic seeing his wife and going off outside the fence looking for her
    And finally at the end he governor shooting the last surviving convict in the head(i didnt see that coming i thought hed be a bad guy) and the ensuing shootout with Rick being rescued by Merle and Daryl but still having to fight their way through the walkers to get back into the now breached prison
    I dont know who was driving the bus that breached the fence with al the walkers in the back of it though
    An excellent episode and next weeks looks even better

I think it was Andrea driving the bus.

Loads more character development, lovin' it :) Also i give up liking new characters, that poor bastard never knew what hit him.. just as i was beginning to like him too (even if he was mooching after my Carol)

Yeah i thought it was her when i saw it first but in next weeks episode you can see shes arguing with the governor
    Also when she asked the girl on the wall(Karen?) where was martinez and the governor that would suggest they were already on their way to the prison so the time line would be wrong

yeah, that makes sense.. so who the feck was it that needed to be completely anonymous with the gas mask and everything else?

One of Tyrese's group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

yeah, that makes sense.. so who the feck was it that needed to be completely anonymous with the gas mask and everything else?

One of Tyrese's group?

I don't think it was any character we know. I think he was wearing all the gear because he had to run through all the walkers.

Tyreese better come into it properly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

holy cat fish that was a good episode !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Woow that was good.
    Jesus poor Axel...guy never even saw it coming.

And to be very girly, I love Lori's dress. :o Gurlfriend may be zombie food but damn she dresses classy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

It seems as in the spoiler at the end of it the guy with the eye patch chaged his eyes ;)

Cant upload pics here

Good episode nonetheless ;)

Yeah youre right there he does appear to have changed the eye
    Id say next week youll see him looking in the mirror from that perspective:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Good last 10 minutes, the rest was a bit meh.

They have come too far to be so complaisant. Lazy writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I enjoyed the episode. While the action of this season has been a nice change i liked the fact that the story took the front seat. I thought the way they hinted at some storyline all episode with the pedo mustache prisoner only for him to die out of nowhere was a nice touch. my one gripe with the episode is the shootout. Theyve been on road about a year now yeah? we've seen how acurate theyve become. they dont seem to waste a bullet. they cleared out the whole prison with relative easy.
    and then the governor turns up and it descends into a rambo film.
    and after about five minutes only two people are dead. rick was so close to martinez he could have slapped him yet neither manage to land a shot

I know humans are a different foe to walkers in that they shoot back but they shouldnt have been that woefully off target.

and did the governor even reload. ? seemed he never stopped firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I was going absolutely going nuts at the telly for the last 10 mins!! They have been picking off walkers at some serious distances with almost perfect head shots. That is not an easy task even with a Z, as it is a target that is moving with a relatively small target area. However the Governer and his men were staying almost still and out of cover which reminds me of something out of a Mad Max movie.

A burst with any of the assault rifles aimed at the center of mass is almost guaranteed to hit with the marksman skills of the group. Loved they way they took out the prisoner though, completely caught me off guard!!
    I enjoyed the episode. While the action of this season has been a nice change i liked the fact that the story took the front seat. I thought the way they hinted at some storyline all episode with the pedo mustache prisoner only for him to die out of nowhere was a nice touch. my one gripe with the episode is the shootout. Theyve been on road about a year now yeah? we've seen how acurate theyve become. they dont seem to waste a bullet. they cleared out the whole prison with relative easy.
    and then the governor turns up and it descends into a rambo film.
    and after about five minutes only two people are dead. rick was so close to martinez he could have slapped him yet neither manage to land a shot

I know humans are a different foe to walkers in that they shoot back but they shouldnt have been that woefully off target.

and did the governor even reload. ? seemed he never stopped firing.

Ye have to take into account the following:
    The governor's depth perception with one eye.
    The range from outside the fence into the courtyard.
    Targets being pinned down and forced into cover by automatic fire from an elevated position inside the prison.

I also don't believe the attack was intended as an all-out assault, but to make a load of noise and draw in many walkers to the area where the gates were rammed. A demoralising attack by walkers would be far easier for Andrea and the governors township to swallow.

basically i think he used it as a psychological attack to his own end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Ye have to take into account the following:
    The governor's depth perception with one eye.
    The range from outside the fence into the courtyard.
    Targets being pinned down and forced into cover by automatic fire from an elevated position inside the prison.

I also don't believe the attack was intended as an all-out assault, but to make a load of noise and draw in many walkers to the area where the gates were rammed. A demoralising attack by walkers would be far easier for Andrea and the governors township to swallow.

basically i think he used it as a psychological attack to his own end.
    He's using a Steyr AUG (same as Irish Defense Forces) and it has a scope, so he'd only be using one eye anyway.

I agree with the "not an all out attack" idea, they just left when they could have kept shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Daniel S wrote: »
    He's using a Steyr AUG (same as Irish Defense Forces) and it has a scope, so he'd only be using one eye anyway.
    And that's an extraordinarily poor choice of firearm for a person whose only functioning eye is their left.
    The AUG CAN be configured left-handed, but his is most definitely a righty, and would comprehensively eat the side off his face if he tried to fire it in the conventional way off his left shoulder.

Anyway, he's 'uses' it right-handed, spraying-and-praying without using the scope at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The guy on the tower (how did he get up there anyhow?) has out in the open and never moved once, he was a perfect example of a sitting duck and well within the range of any assault riffle and there were 3 shooting at him at one stage. It never fails to amaze me how Americans who are very familiar with guns just don't expect them to act in any way realistic in films.

Still, great episode. Ricks off the reservation all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

ScumLord wrote: »
    The guy on the tower (how did he get up there anyhow?) has out in the open and never moved once, he was a perfect example of a sitting duck and well within the range of any assault riffle and there were 3 shooting at him at one stage. It never fails to amaze me how Americans who are very familiar with guns just don't expect them to act in any way realistic in films..

Yeah but where would the drama be if that was the way? Everyone would get shot in 3 mins and that would be the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yeah but where would the drama be if that was the way? Everyone would get shot in 3 mins and that would be the end of it
    I can appreciate that shooting a gun isn't as easy as they make out, but these guys were standing out in the open. ARMA has thought me if you stand out in the open your dead, especially with more than one gun pointing at you.

It just feels like a mistake to go to so much effort throughout the production and then play some scenes in a lazy way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Just watched the two latest episodes.

So after the long wait, the borthers' reunion was disappointing. Some fighting and off they go. Ah poor Carol, left alone without her Daryl

And good old dead Lori, keeps stirring the shít even from beyond. Bad habits die hard :D

I don't think Andrea was driving the van. Is she really out of her mind? She knows the governor wants to attack the jail, so him and Martínez are gone and she doesn't cop on...? Ah go on...

And her speech... Cheesy Andrea

What's the story with Daryl's tattoo that he goes all softy and emotional? :confused:

you might want to watch a higher resolution copy of the last episode to see beyond the tattoo to the multiple scars on Daryll's back - i would assume due to the conversation after seeing the scars that the Dixon brothers had a very abusive father.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

you might want to watch a higher resolution copy of the last episode to see beyond the tattoo to the multiple scars on Daryll's back - i would assume due to the conversation after seeing the scars that the Dixon brothers had a very abusive father.

haha yea the first time i was watching i thought his dad had tattooed him as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Anyone else noticed the tattoo changing position? Editing mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Barna77 wrote: »
    Just watched the two latest episodes.

So after the long wait, the borthers' reunion was disappointing. Some fighting and off they go. Ah poor Carol, left alone without her Daryl

And good old dead Lori, keeps stirring the shít even from beyond. Bad habits die hard :D

I don't think Andrea was driving the van. Is she really out of her mind? She knows the governor wants to attack the jail, so him and Martínez are gone and she doesn't cop on...? Ah go on...

And her speech... Cheesy Andrea

What's the story with Daryl's tattoo that he goes all softy and emotional? :confused:

I think they were whip marks actually :P I think that theyre father abused them as children or something like that

• Advertisement

more likely to be belt marks.. unless their old man was into the bdsm scene :D

Advertisement