Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fade Street (Ireland's answer to 'The Hills')

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

:rolleyes: perfectly sums up the lameness of this ridiculous rip-off show. It's completely copying The Hills, and is a poor-man's version of The Hills.

Oh this show is sooooo original:

2 girls get an internship at Stellar magazine (oh wait, Lauren and Whitney interned at Teen Vogue)
    1 girl gets an internship at MCD (oh wait, Heidi had a job at Bolthouse)

All we're missing is the girl who is working for some Irish record company.

Gosh, that Louise girl is dumb. Interviewer - "so what do you like fashion?" (or whatever the question was) "Oh I love fashion and all that kind of thing". She didn't even give an answer to the question! I thought the apartment viewing bit was hilarious - "here's the great view of Georges Street". Since when is the view on a street in Dublin a selling point? I thought a view was something scenic? Hardly would call Georges St "scenic" :rolleyes: Oh and I thought it was absolutely hilarious that posh soutsider Louise lost the coin toss and got stuck with the small room :D

And what was up with her saying "omg, you're gorgeous - I was sooo worried you were gonna be a freak", yah because just because she's got good looks means that she'll be a great roommate? Jees, these girls are as dumb as you can get.

I have also heard from a pretty reliable source that the job at one of the companies featured is fake, and they only work there when the cameras are rolling.

Also the state of them outside the wine bar. Where do they think they are - LA? They sit outside as if it's on The Hills in LA when Ireland weather isn't exactly the most reliable when it comes to sitting outdoors.

It's absolutely the worse crap I've ever seen on tv though. But I'll probably still watch it - just so I can rant on it here. Although if this thread dries up, it'll be no fun then watching it and so I shall stop watching :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ Tinkerbell....what about OUR version of Spencer, what will he be like? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fe1ready

I was really looking forward to this :(

Pity.

The problem with Fade street (one of many) is that Irish people know instantly when another Irish person is not being genuine i.e acting.

With American reality shows its a little harder to decipher.

When the Wexford girl was 'acting' with her mother in the kitchen, I was cringing behind my hands.

Also, one of the reasons why its peers Laguna Beach was so well received in the early seasons was because it felt real and authentic. This was due in part to the fact that the 1st season was filmed over two years allowing the story to develop organically as opposed to being manipulated in the manner that Fade street appears to be (long pause before she gets into the taxi outside the Academy.)---and seriously what Southsider goes to the Academy?

Laguna, in later seasons was overly manipulated and then it went downhill.

I remember years ago RTE made a documentary/fly-on-the-wall about young doctors which was far more real and interesting.

They could have made a good reality show about young professionals, their social lives etc but you can't just manufacture it over a few months.

As an aside. I was under the impression that they filmed an entirely different pilot called SOCO Dublin with different people.....whatever happened to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fe1ready

Also: This exact apartment was offering the small room for rent during the summer (April onwards) for €400.

So, I guess one of them moved out or....they only started filming in April :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 28 QueenB

fe1ready wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to this :(

Pity.

The problem with Fade street (one of many) is that Irish people know instantly when another Irish person is not being genuine i.e acting.

With American reality shows its a little harder to decipher.

When the Wexford girl was 'acting' with her mother in the kitchen, I was cringing behind my hands.

Also, one of the reasons why its peers Laguna Beach was so well received in the early seasons was because it felt real and authentic. This was due in part to the fact that the 1st season was filmed over two years allowing the story to develop organically as opposed to being manipulated in the manner that Fade street appears to be (long pause before she gets into the taxi outside the Academy.)---and seriously what Southsider goes to the Academy?

As an aside. I was under the impression that they filmed an entirely different pilot called SOCO Dublin with different people.....whatever happened to this?

Yes they do go, to take the piss mostly before heading to the palace or NV... or if a friend is DJing.

The fake part of it all is that everyone in this social circle already know each other... we are only talking about 3 o 4 schools here...

Personally i think A Ross O'Carroll-Kelly show would have been funnier...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 28 QueenB

iguana wrote: »
    First, sorry but your posts are really hard to understand. They're like an unedited stream of consciousness that doesn't come to any clear conclusions. But I'll try to address what I think you mean.

Nobody gives too much of a crap about the background of the participants on any show as long as the show is good and the people involved are talented. When I watched the movie Lost in Translation* I didn't sit through it thinking about how Sophia Coppola had such an easy time in a competitive industry because of her family. It's the fact that it's pure intelligence insulting muck that people are p'd off about.

And I've tried but I can't work out what the hell the freedom of speech comment is about? What do you mean exactly?

*I know that movie is a bit Marmite but I'm in the love camp.

haha i was just ranting a bit myself, sorry about that...

I'm not a sophia fan - i enjoyed parts of the film though- and unlike you i was thinking exactly that hahahahha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

I love all the negativity. This show is going down faster than a hooker on the Titantic. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Fade-Street-is-terrible/162919437081735

All the negativity = hit for RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Not really. I honestly don't think people will tune in next week (those that have watched already).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Having never seen an episode of the Hills or laguna whatsit i made a conscious decision not to watch this crap when i saw the trailers in recent weeks. But being justbedridden with flu and having a dodgy remote control of which the batteries finally gave up the ghost just as it began i caught the repeat last night ! Ironically i would buy more batteries for said remote if i wasn't broke after paying almost 200 squids last week for a tv licence to send a couple of vacous idiots to marbella !

i fear for our future if these are an example of what young women aspire to? From the moment Louise came on screen i was embarrassed for her ? Imagine that your sole worry about meeting your new flatmate was whether or not she was gorgeous or not ? I imagine had the other girl been 'too gorgeous' that would have been as equally problematic !

she came across as rude and self indulgent. Even before the interview her manners to the unseen receptionist were telling.

Recept; Louise ?

L; Yah?

R; **** will see you now !

L; Ok !

Pure tripe ! and yet the irony is i'm telling everyone i know to watch it just to see how bad it is !!

it will prob have a gradual ratings overload purely due to the fact that ppl are telling other ppl how bad it is !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

^ Tinkerbell....what about OUR version of Spencer, what will he be like? :-)

I don't think there could be a Spencer 2.0 - that bearded idiot is one of a kind and thank feck for that! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,569 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I talk about Fade Street because...this is a thread about...Fade Street?

Sorry, each to their own, just not my type of TV program. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Youresocute

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Sorry, each to their own, just not my type of TV program. Enjoy!

I was talking about how I think it is bad boss

^ yeah and Vogue is really her name, Clare....how, Irish of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Now in all fairness its not that bad a show, its not like as in your face as the hills!? I can kind of relate to what the program is about 'cause I moved to Dublin and Cork and lived in both cities in the same year like.
    Hope it works out for the girls with their internships. Seems like they will get on ok. Really like the show though. Will look forward to watching the next episode!

Now in all fairness its not that bad a show, its not like as in your face as the hills!? I can kind of relate to what the program is about 'cause I moved to Dublin and Cork and lived in both cities in the same year like.
    Hope it works out for the girls with their internships. Seems like they will get on ok. Really like the show though. Will look forward to watching the next episode!

LOL! :p ...interships? :eek: - i bet you think LC and Whitney really worked for Teen Vogue :P

Or Heidi worked at Bolthouse :D , if you've watched The Hills Vogue will be the queen bitch, Louise will play innocent and above it all, Cici will be the alternative rock chick, it's the-hills-by-numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You can relate to internships that pay? Maybe they're on WPP1. Or maybe not.
    The Wexford train coming into Huston?
    A luas that goes to Georges st?
    An Irish girl called Vogue?

A like this show, it's pure comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Now, I am closing this thread temporarily due to the posting of what I consider to be potentially libelous comments.

Closed pending mod review.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

*yawn* *stretch* *cough*

RTE have just posted all episodes of Fade Street on the RTE player.

Now a whole new generation of viewers can be annoyed. :)

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/fade-street-1981/10782084/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr E wrote: »
    *yawn* *stretch* *cough*

RTE have just posted all episodes of Fade Street on the RTE player.

Now a whole new generation of viewers can be annoyed. :)

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/fade-street-1981/10782084/

RTE really loves Vogue :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RTE really loves Vogue :rolleyes:

Twink won't live forever you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wonder will those staring in it get fees for the repeat.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Twink won't live forever you know.

At least Twink was famous for some semi legit reason back in the mists of time. I still don't know why RTE keep pushing this Vogue wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

I really have to watch this again, just to confirm to myself it really was that horrific...

Advertisement