Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fade Street (Ireland's answer to 'The Hills')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

4 hours on a bus from Wexford to Dublin? Did it go via Cahirciveen or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

.. 6 minutes in and I'm done!! Rubbish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

what is the point in this program, there is no entertainment value whatsoever.
    well done RTE, yet again ye air complete and utter muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

ugh "the sky and the ground", terrible place.
    dublin is a big place and so expensive, hope she can somehow survive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Thomas G wrote: »
    SHE HAS NO WEAKNESSES!
    She has one a very very fake accent. So fake it is hard to understand what she is saying at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Total garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Tat Man?

TAT MAN????

:D

in fairness this is on after the bedtime of it's potential audience. strange decision

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Vogue is one hot dude.

it's a pity it a fish in the barrel situation slagging wise. otherwise i'd be in there like flynn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I never thought I'd say this but I'm glad my TV is broken and I can't afford another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The best thing I can say about it is that it is absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sflemings

Gender verification anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

In the 19th century, Fade Street in Dublin had one of the highest mortality rates of any place in the British Empire. Watching that would be more interesting than the current version RTE are showing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

State of these flutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Bloody hell "MCD..Oxegen..MCD"

sflemings wrote: »
    Gender verification anyone?
    well i reckon at least two of them are female.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

WTF is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Jaysus, lol @ the unnecessary subtitles. The volume of the music is hardly at 11, just another Hills lift.

If only we had a facepalm smiley for moments like these....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm going to stick a fork into my ears and eyeballs after watching this Joke of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sflemings

David Coffey is the story producer. He's the guy that did Dan and Becks. This must be a real life documentary so then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

suzie is from limerick- seen her in town a few times- cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Eh, the girl that got the job with stellar? she was in the apartment,

was she the same girl doing the Bavaria promo and sitting outside the cafe talking about stellar? Some striking differences if she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Loike OMG....... MCD, Oxegen, MCD, The Academy, Oxegen.........

I will never get those 10 minutes I spent watching that SHOITE back! Only have myself to blame what was I expecting :rolleyes:

Hopefully it'll end up like that program RTE had on last year, the Roaring 20's or whatever it was! cancelled after a few episodes wasn't it??

Ohh the humanity..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Horgan wrote: »

was she the same girl doing the Bavaria promo and sitting outside the cafe talking about stellar? Some striking differences if she was.

Na the one with Bavaria is the one who sounds like James Earl Jones, the other one is em, wait, which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

No they're two different girls but both got the job

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

One has a wicked deep voice!

I watched it, I'm a little ashamed to admit that now. I'm a sucker for reality tv, I loved the first couple of seasons (1,2) of The Hills and Laguna Beach so I said I would give this a chance.

Everything from the camera work, the jobs, the "oh my gawd she has a boyfran!" seems to be a rip off of the Hills.

1. Lauren and Whitney both interned at Teen Vouge in The Hills, 2 of these girls (the blonde ones, don't remember their names) got internships at Stellar even though there was only one job..what are the odds.

2. Heidi on The Hills worked at Bolthouse which is an events company, Dani on Fade Street gets an internship at MCD.

3. Since when can interns get free things? Interns do the coffee runs, they are made work hard, they don't just show up, say "omg my boss is hot" and get free tickets to music festivals. At least The Hills actually made it look like they worked for their jobs.

Even the scenes with their "friends" bother me, you can tell it's forced and they were told what to talk about.

One has a wicked deep voice!

My brother is convinced she wasn't born a she..
    I think it's the voice and the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Was pish and I won't be watching it again but then I'm not the target audience being male and over 35. But I don't understand some of the feedback here are we saying this is scripted and therefore the girls are acting and not really like this (therefor the personal stuff is unwarranted) or is this the real deal (wire in folks)? It can't be both can it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Going into Hogans or the Market Bar will never be the same again.

Advertisement