Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fade Street (Ireland's answer to 'The Hills')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I'd call this review a pisstake, but it's 100% true

http://thefakest.blogspot.com/

"Vogue: Louise’s gay friend who once worked in construction and has a deep voice even by male standards"

tee hee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

unreggd wrote: »

"Vogue: Louise’s gay friend who once worked in construction and has a deep voice even by male standards"

tee hee

I laughed when I read "Not so much a reality thing but let’s just hope Dani NEVER returns to her home in Wexford again for fear we will have to listen to her sister speak."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

:eek:I am going to watch this show only for Dani. A Stunner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

What happened to my post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Deleted. Breach of copyright. You are lucky that you don't get banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

4 hours ago
    "Its like an Irish version of the Wire"

The Wire usually has a murder in it every couple of episodes, so hopefully he's right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

unreggd wrote: »

tee hee

Does Vogue drink at Les Bo's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Youresocute

Einstein wrote: »
    fyi that band are probably one of the busiest gigging bands in Ireland at the moment...

The show is still tripe though

hahahaha you ****ing idiot!they are absolutely ****!gigging??sure you just have to know dickheads in MCD and they'll let you play anywhere.Case and point Kid Karate and that **** band playing The Black Eyed Peas.I'd take one for the team if someone blew up Dublin city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

...hahahaha I'd take one for the team if someone blew...

There will be splinters when this guy breaks those closet doors open! He is obsessed with Fade st. and the cute Dublin boys! All his posts are about the program and the city!

Your so cute should be in Fade street.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I think a lot of people will have watched this last night just to take the piss, but the real test will be to see how many go back for seconds next week.

I was following the conversation on twitter about it as it aired and it was a good laugh, but I don't think I could watch it on my own without someone to point and laugh with.

In fairness to Vogue, she seemed OK for what little we saw of her, but the main one, Louise, was a complete pain in the arse. Why they chose to make her the main person is beyond me.

My favourite bit was at the end of her interview when she said congratulations to the magazine woman!! And then when they rang her up and basically said "your interview was the worst interview ever, but RTE said we had to hire you or we wouldn't get all this free advertising, so you're hired!!"

This is just another example of RTE spreading their casting net across the road to the UCD campus. I don't think anybody will relate to this show. Definitely not anyone outside of Dublin, and probably not anyone outside of SoCoDu. I don't know who at RTE approved it, but they should be shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Stupid show for stupid people

Haddockman wrote: »
    Deleted. Breach of copyright. You are lucky that you don't get banned.

Load of horseshiite :mad: ...it's on YT.

Load of horseshiite :mad: ...it's on YT.
    That does not make it right.

This forum gets worse each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Get a clue Rich.. we've been doing this a long time and comments like 'load of horseshiite' to a moderator's decision doesn't fly here!

Episodes of shows from network TV uploaded on YouTube by users with names like 'sk8rteen46' - how is this not breaching copyright? D'ya ever notice they don't last long on YouTube? Theres's a reason!

Cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

This forum gets worse each day.

Tell me about it. Some Richard Dower guy put me off posting on the Film forum :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Vogue seemed ok to me. She did sound a lot like Glenda Gilson but she seems to know herself as there was a quote in The Herald from her saying how she sounded like a man on screen.

Louise seems like the type of person I would try and avoid having to make conversation with nevermind live with.

Renn wrote: »
    Tell me about it. Some Richard Dower guy put me off posting on the Film forum :|

What are you blathering on about?....i barely post in there, what postings are you refering to?

Take it elsewhere folks. Back on topic please.

God this is horrific stuff.
    Where did they get the knob-ends that have just come over to the girls' table?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Just saw it on repeat there. Well I can't believe(or can I) how they had the audacity to rip the whole lot off from the Hills, ffs! This is drivel, RTE should be ashamed for broadcasting this sh1te. Don't blame the ones in it, it's prob a nice paycheck plus all the publicity, and will add to their acting experience. Too pretentious, too unrelatable, too fake! If this was some sort of parody, maybe it could work, but at this moment in time I don't think many people will be tuning in to the girls on fake street roysh.

/rant over!!!!!:P

Would MTV have a case for copyright infringement?....haha!, Fake Street...new official title!
    How long before that Louise one is being papped with new Irish rugby player BF?, don't tell me it ain't coming!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Why hasn't someone suggested a Fade St drinking game ?

Take a drink every time you hear:

"Like"
    "Oh wow"
    "You know"
    "That kind of thing"
    "And stuff"
    "Soooooo" (annoying, delighted)

*Warning - you may die

p.s. "It would be weird getting a wage every week" was my favourite line

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Having never watched any of the shows that it is a copy cat of, is it real or scripted or semi scripted? Found it hard to take it at face value. (especially the bit about her fancying her boss).

Also, I wish people would stop using the term 'x's answer to y! As in 'Ireland's answer to the hills!'

The Hills isn't a ****ing question, shut up.

Why hasn't someone suggested a Fade St drinking game ?

Take a drink every time you hear:

"Like"
    "Oh wow"
    "You know"
    "That kind of thing"
    "And stuff"
    "Soooooo" (annoying, delighted)

*Warning - you may die

p.s. "It would be weird getting a wage every week" was my favourite line

That could actually make this show enjoyable to watch. :D

I actually found it kind of entertaining in a I can't believe these people are real, kind of way. Some of it's hilarious but I don't think it's what they intended with it.
    If they'd marketed this as a spoof of The Hills and said it was a comedy we'd probably all be singing it's praises :D

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Having never watched any of the shows that it is a copy cat of, is it real or scripted or semi scripted? Found it hard to take it at face value. (especially the bit about her fancying her boss).

They claim it's not scripted at all, but I think maybe they're not told what to say, but a lot of the situations and things are set up. Like the two girls who've never met before getting a flat together, and two of them getting the job at the magazine.

At least with The Hills they had some sort of relationship with each other before
    the show, but this one they actually cast for it and then threw them all together. Which for me makes it even harder to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Couldn't watch more than about 3 minutes and I had to turn it off. Completely vacuous and utterly terrible.

How much money did RTE waste making this?

• Site Banned Posts: 28 QueenB

Ok, maybe most of the stuff is indeed staged, but the girls are not so bad.. i know Louise and she is a really nice person once you get to know her... and a friend of mine is friends with vogue and he told me that while is true that she gets a lot of stuff handed to her cos she is "pretty", the girl (yes, she is a girl..) works very hard, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

QueenB wrote: »
    Ok, maybe most of the stuff is indeed staged, but the girls are not so bad.. i know Louise and she is a really nice person once you get to know her... and a friend of mine is friends with vogue and he told me that while is true that she gets a lot of stuff handed to her cos she is "pretty", the girl (yes, she is a girl..) works very hard, too.

One of them ....One of them ....One of them ....One of them ....One of them ....One of them ....One of them ....One of them ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

firing squad needed

Advertisement