Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fade Street (Ireland's answer to 'The Hills')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

ha ha, they got swamped with slags on their Facebook wall so they've turned off public posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

I reckon it will be axed after the next episode, it's the worst thing rte have ever done..and thats saying something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

RTÉ unlike most American broadcasters will not pull a show before the season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

But will they go for a second season considering that the second season is already complete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KingTitan

Maybe because they are not real and are only trying to play a more interesting entertaining caricature of themselves. Horrendous SHOW. Worst ive ever seen in my whole life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

they haven't blocked the reviews page on the their FB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tracy Lee

absolutely dreadful programme. normally give a show a couple of episodes to find its feet. but these characters and set ups are unwatchable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

If anyone had any doubts about just how pathetically scripted this show was they were blown apart when a 19 year old girl blathered on about the gorgeousness of this guy:
    4ratz7.png

It's all part of the message of the Irish media that any man who is anyway successful or wealthy is automatically amazingly attractive. Just like Willie O'Dea featuring as one of Limerick's most gorgeous men, when the Limerick man who became Mr World a few months later didn't get a mention as he was not wealthy or successful enough at the time.

I also loved their sooooo space-y* apartment.
    Wow, their MASSIVE kitchen:
    scxo5w.png

Just think of all the great parties they'll be having there. The might fit 6, no even 8 guests!!!!!

*While I doubt you need a masters in English to work in Stellar magazine it might be an idea for the girl to expand her vocabulary to include "spacious" instead of space-y.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 QueenB

iguana wrote: »
    If anyone had any doubts about just how pathetically scripted this show was they were blown apart when a 19 year old girl blathered on about the gorgeousness of this guy:
    4ratz7.png

He is cuter in person... not defending, just saying tv sometimes doesnt make justice....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Anywhere i can watch this online? I know dani so just want to see it, Missed it the other night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

baraca wrote: »
    Anywhere i can watch this online? I know dani so just want to see it, Missed it the other night.

It's on youtube. I'd say watch there rather than the RTE site as it might factor into their ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

QueenB wrote: »
    He is cuter in person... not defending, just saying tv sometimes doesnt make justice....

Queen B come on, fair enough defending your mates, or you have something to do with the show, But there is not one positive comment about it, its pure and utter muck. It’s the most hated show in Ireland in a very long time and the idiots in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Queen B come on, fair enough defending your mates, or you have something to do with the show, But there is not one positive comment about it, its pure and utter muck. It’s the most hated show in Ireland in a very long time and the idiots in it

Repped!! This show is 4 years too late. THE CELTIC TIGER IS OVER!!!!

The days of hip materialistic young wans just walking straight into jobs are over, loike oh my gawd, so over!!!!!

Wretched stuff....:mad:

never said the show was "good"...im only saying that -my mates aside- the people in it are only trying to make a career for themselves, we all have strengths and weaknesses. I just think some rants on the forum are a bit too much considering probably half the people who post would do the same just to be on tv and get their name out there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

never said the show was "good"...im only saying that -my mates aside- the people in it are only trying to make a career for themselves, we all have strengths and weaknesses. I just think some rants on the forum are a bit too much considering probably half the people who post would do the same just to be on tv and get their name out there.....

You're living in a dreamworld if you believe that. You're part of this airhead generation who believe a persons worth is directly proportional to how famous they are. Beliefs ,in fact, that cause bullshít like this show to exist in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Yeah just found it on youtube, Muck. Anyone who thinks this show isn't scripted is living in a dreamworld it's blatantly obvious.

Just treat it as a comedy makes it a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I have to disagree with you here. I'd not whore myself out like that or look like an idiot on TV. Genuinely I'm sure these are lovely people but they just look like fools on this show. They are thinking they are famous now and people love them, but the vast majority are just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Thats about the shallowest thing I ever read off here. Says a lot about you and your pals Louise and "Vogue".

telekon wrote: »
    Thats about the shallowest thing I ever read off here. Says a lot about you and your pals Louise and "Vogue".

Funny how you are only reinforcing what I said earlier by posting this.
    Look, I don't like going at people online.. I find it useless really considering you are gonna keep thinking what you think and I don't really care about changing your mind since the truth of the matter is... if you actually didn't care, you wouldn't have "wasted your time" replying.

Look, I don't like going at people online.. I find it useless really considering you are gonna keep thinking what you think and I don't really care about changing your mind since the truth of the matter is... if you actually didn't care, you wouldn't have "wasted your time" replying.

That makes no sense. :confused: Nothing he said reinforced your assertion that half of the people on here would do anything in order to get on tv. He also never said he didn't care that you'd basically slurred the character of close to half the people on here.

Most people wouldn't make a tit of themselves to be on tv. While many people might have the odd moment of wanting to be on television/a sportstar/ famous musician, when it comes down to it they are smart enough to value their personal and professional reputations way too much to actually attempt it. Especially if it happens to make them famous for something that is without substance and holds them up to general ridicule. Most people would only choose fame if it was for something they were respected for. Ie, famous, award winning author, cancer curing scientist, world cup scoring footballer, etc.

• Advertisement

That makes no sense. :confused: Nothing he said reinforced your assertion that half of the people on here would do anything in order to get on tv. He also never said he didn't care that you'd basically slurred the character of close to half the people on here.

Most people wouldn't make a tit of themselves to be on tv. While many people might have the odd moment of wanting to be on television/a sportstar/ famous musician, when it comes down to it they are smart enough to value their personal and professional reputations way too much to actually attempt it. Especially if it happens to make them famous for something that is without substance and holds them up to general ridicule. Most people would only choose fame if it was for something they were respected for. Ie, famous, award winning author, cancer curing scientist, world cup scoring footballer, etc.

I completely agree with your second paragraph.

About my post, maybe I should have been more clear.
    The fact that he is implying that I'm shallow just for saying that a lot of people would have taken the job when my post wasn't directed to anyone in particular (but he took it personally enough to post about it) goes to show that, for whatever reason (maybe the fact that rich spoiled kids get what they want in the world and finds it unfair.. "hello real world") he is annoyed enough to post about it, which makes this whole post keep going, which gives the show (good or not) publicity(and everyone might have their say about whether or not all publicity is good publicity.. and why certain personalities are more attention seeking than others, but I'm not qualified to start making assessments about it). But going back to the point, I think its funny he calls me shallow when at the end of the day, he took my post personally enough to make a statement - about someone he doesn't know who was only defending her mates. Defence I never said was objective since friendship gets in the way of rational analysis of the whole thing - something that i carefully enough mentioned on my first post.

If all publicity was good publicity there would be no concept of defamation.

A thread where just about everyone but the friends of those involved are derisive of the show doesn't benefit it or it's participants much, if at all. And people are often more likely to complain about something they dislike than praise something they do like. (Most of my Amazon reviews, for example, are for something I hated rather than something I liked/loved.) Another issue here is that this show is funded, at least in part, by the licence fee, which makes people more likely to complain. If this show was on MTV or Living a lot less people would be annoyed. It doesn't mean they are jealous or would have loved to have taken part if they had the chance.

If all publicity was good publicity there would be no concept of defamation.

A thread where just about everyone but the friends of those involved are derisive of the show doesn't benefit it or it's participants much, if at all. And people are often more likely to complain about something they dislike than praise something they do like. (Most of my Amazon reviews, for example, are for something I hated rather than something I liked/loved.) Another issue here is that this show is funded, at least in part, by the licence fee, which makes people more likely to complain. If this show was on MTV or Living a lot less people would be annoyed. It doesn't mean they are jealous or would have loved to have taken part if they had the chance.

no.. it means they think its unfair the money is going to spoiled kids instead of going to something they would enjoy. Which subsecuentely means that this is not really about the show, but about the unfairness they find in not getting what they want - which makes the righteousness of their comments kinda hypocritical... nice way of portraying freedom of speech.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Most people earn money through proper 9/5 jobs without bending over and doing anything to get famous, and for most of these desperado types...it's not about fame but money.

Louise and her ilk are The Hills generation who'll say any to anything for fame and publicity, they are desperate to garner some publicity and boost their profile.

I think they are pathetic.

^ and i HATE the way these girls ALWAYS use the "jealousy" tag, ohh they are just jealous.....it gets trotted out by these types EVERY time, by saying this they can disregard what people are saying and just brush it off as jealousy.

It's a famewhore and desperado defence tactic, i wonder if Louise ever applied for Big Brother....i bet she did!

The sad part is, Louise will be the "star" of this show, she'll be at all the parties, pull herself an Irish rugby boyfriend, being papped at all the cool glam spots in Dublin and do her "shoots".

no.. it means they think its unfair the money is going to spoiled kids instead of going to something they would enjoy. Which subsecuentely means that this is not really about the show, but about the unfairness they find in not getting what they want - which makes the righteousness of their comments kinda hypocritical... nice way of portraying freedom of speech.

First, sorry but your posts are really hard to understand. They're like an unedited stream of consciousness that doesn't come to any clear conclusions. But I'll try to address what I think you mean.

Nobody gives too much of a crap about the background of the participants on any show as long as the show is good and the people involved are talented. When I watched the movie Lost in Translation* I didn't sit through it thinking about how Sophia Coppola had such an easy time in a competitive industry because of her family. It's the fact that it's pure intelligence insulting muck that people are p'd off about.

And I've tried but I can't work out what the hell the freedom of speech comment is about? What do you mean exactly?

*I know that movie is a bit Marmite but I'm in the love camp.

If Loiuse is sooooooo pretty and nice, and gets stuff for free, and uses her looks etc. - why the need for this show?, you'd think she's be able to have a cushy life without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Youresocute

John_Rambo wrote: »
    There will be splinters when this guy breaks those closet doors open! He is obsessed with Fade st. and the cute Dublin boys! All his posts are about the program and the city!

Your so cute should be in Fade street.

I talk about Fade Street because...this is a thread about...Fade Street?Judging from your level of intellect you should be in the ****ing thing.Also said I wanted to blow up Dublin...must mean I love it alright yeah.You should read things before you open your mouth Christy Brown.

Never said I wasnt gay..never said I was gay.When does sexuality come into it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Youresocute

First, sorry but your posts are really hard to understand. They're like an unedited stream of consciousness that doesn't come to any clear conclusions. But I'll try to address what I think you mean.

Nobody gives too much of a crap about the background of the participants on any show as long as the show is good and the people involved are talented. When I watched the movie Lost in Translation* I didn't sit through it thinking about how Sophia Coppola had such an easy time in a competitive industry because of her family. It's the fact that it's pure intelligence insulting muck that people are p'd off about.

And I've tried but I can't work out what the hell the freedom of speech comment is about? What do you mean exactly?

*I know that movie is a bit Marmite but I'm in the love camp.

Did..did you just mention Sophie Coppola in a message about Fade Street?Mother of jaysus.

Advertisement