Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fade Street (Ireland's answer to 'The Hills')

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

How do you define "scripted"?....these girls claim it's real and they are not fed lines, that is NOT the definition, in the context of The Hills and "reality" tv scripted means things are staged, events are setup....not that they read from a script!

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1110/fadestreet.html

The producers don't feed them lines but encourage them in a certain direction to ramp up the drama, meeting places are setup, the girls are encourage to create drama and bitching, they are encourage to have fake hookups etc.

So i'm not buying this it's not scripted bullshine.

http://www.blanaid.com/2010/11/fade-street/

The editing and style, 100% The Hills...that blonde girl is a Lauren LC Conrad clone!

http://www.businessandleadership.com/marketing/item/26613-myhome-ie-to-sponsor-fade/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Did they need to get a lead character identical to Lauren Conrad? No. This just stinks of laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is this not basically a rehash of the (presumably) far superior Soupy Norman?

Girl leaves her life behind in the countryside for the bright lights of Dubland and the series charts her not very believable experiences with weird and wonderful characters. Lazy RTE, lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

DarkJager wrote: »
    And they've got names like Vogue and Cici... in other words this show is about a load of pretentious D4 drama queens with idiotic names trying to be pretendo Yanks. Forget about it RTE.
    I think Vogue is from Howth. I remember a while ago she was in a bar up there and left her bag on a table. I picked it up and gave it back to her, to which she said "Ah Jaysus, you're fookin' savage!" and she wasn't putting on an accent. Funny how TV can change who you are.

Oh, and does anyone know if you can get Soupy Norman anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

token101 wrote: »
    Just saw an advert for this. Looks like an Irish version of the Hills/ Jersey Shore with a bunch of D4 heads. In an age where the licence fee has climbed to 160 euro and we are deep in recession is it a lot to ask that the public service broadcaster not rehash American ideas badly? I don't think that people who probably barely go outside the door to the pub or any social outlet really want to see these people lead their lives, let along pay for the privilege.

What if people do watch it? Is it a waste of money then?

Personally I wont be going near this programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

I am quite liking that track in the promo above.
    Anyone know the band ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DarkJager wrote: »
    And they've got names like Vogue and Cici... in other words this show is about a load of pretentious D4 drama queens with idiotic names trying to be pretendo Yanks. Forget about it RTE.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2010-11-cici-cavanagh--dani-robinson--vogue-wilson--louise-johnson.jpg[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cici Cavanagh, Dani Robinson, Vogue Wilson, Louise Johnson[/FONT]

People keep complaining about how bad this will be, but the disappointing thing about it is that it is going to be hugely successful and will be likely shoved down our throats by the media as a whole.

^ i fear you are right my friend, i suspect alot of the stupid women on Boards will tune in in droves, just so they can pick apart the girls and critique them from head to toe, some of the replies i'm expecting:

I went to school with her, she's a bitch!
    Where did she get her clothes from?, a charity shop?
    The state of her hair!!
    She went out with my best friends cousin and she cheated on him!
    Ugh!, who does she think she is?....stuck up her own arse that wan!

Anyone care to add?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

First I've heard of this!

Though in all fairness hardly anyone would watch it if it was full of average/below average Irish chicks and lads. This will be aimed at those wee teenagers who wish to be models/famous/big thing in the city types. They will probably be the core audience!

Never get to watch the telly so doubt I'll be watching it.

• Advertisement

^ i fear you are right my friend, i suspect alot of the stupid women on Boards will tune in in droves, just so they can pick apart the girls and critique them from head to toe, some of the replies i'm expecting:

The state of her hair!!

Anyone care to add?

Ha! :D
    That's a bit harsh dude.
    I'm sure the lads on boards will be doing just as good a job picking them apart too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The state of her hair!!

Anyone care to add?

Its not just the females on boards who are catty and biatchy :rolleyes:

^ yeah but man bitching is allowed, if you do it the right way...Big Brother has taught me well :-)

^ yeah but man bitching is allowed, if you do it the right way...Big Brother has taught me well :-)

*ruffles your hair*

Ohhhh you so crazy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

I wouldnt be suprised if those 4 bimbo's are relations of the "top brass" RTE exectutives in some way.
    What are the odds Ryan will be interviewing them on the late late this Friday.

I cannot believe my money is contributing to this tripe...

Thing is that the fact you watch the show to bitch about it means that it will become even more successful. You're much better off just boycotting it completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

its like most things on rte i suspect, nobody will remember it next year. i might have a look before i switch over to hector on tg4 in canadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wey hey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Youresocute

Ok....ok...ok..so I have seen the ads,seen the people and this is the biggest load of horse**** I have ever EVER come across.Once again proving Ireland is a nation of idiots who can come up with no original television without it being extremely cringey(besides the Rubberbandits)

Americans are Americans.It's ok to look at the Hills and go "ah you are all idiots but you're far away so it's grand" but this is ridiculous!Probably WORSE than X Factor it lacks so much depth.Watching the promo actually makes me sad.These people think they live alternative lifestyles but they do nothing!There is no hard work or creativity applied.

Who says these people are anything special?By the looks of it there seems to be a complete lack of personality..I know I'm judging from a short clip but I'll still be right after it is aired.

It's so frustrating having being fed this complete and utter nonsense.

Ireland needs a revolution now more than it ever did.

:0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Looking forward to seeing how bad this turns out.
    If your not into it, just dont watch it. SIMPLES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

A friend and I got interviewed for this ages ago while walking through town one day. They even filmed us for some reason.
    Thankfully we never heard from them again haha!

I went to school with the girl called 'Cici'.. she was a model from what I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Shane10 wrote: »
    its like most things on rte i suspect, nobody will remember it next year. i might have a look before i switch over to hector on tg4 in canadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wey hey.
    Hopefully it will faaaaade away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Pure and utter Bull s***t who would want to watch, a shower of arrogant, fake idiots living on another planet, thinking they are some kind of super stars, cop the F**k on RTE

That attitude pisses me off."If you don't like it..don't watch it."It's the end of that ****!

Someone needs to stand up and say THIS IS BOLLOCKS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

That attitude pisses me off."If you don't like it..don't watch it."It's the end of that ****!

Someone needs to stand up and say THIS IS BOLLOCKS!!!

Oh I wont watch it, I saw the add for it on RTE, they are giving these idiots even bigger heads than they allready have, Their names say it all, go back to their own planet, shame on RTE wasting licence payers money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Thomas G

SHE HAS NO WEAKNESSES!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

What an interview that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Not scripted me arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

What an interview that was.
    interviews and stuff like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Thomas G

"i'm really into like, my age group. yeah, really into that like"