Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If they won't pass the ball maybe you're not running the plays?.... When I get frustrated off standing in the designated spots sometimes I go legging it into space and they won't pass it.

Ah crap, remember you said that before. I don't have the play indicators turned on. I'm an SG so can't run plays but can't see other plays being run either. 1st thing i'm doing tonight, thanks man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm the same, its rare I hit the green indicator. I'm in the 60's and 70's in my shot stats. I spose it depends on your situation - close, medium, 3pt, in traffic, off dribble etc. I'm just lashing any skill points into those. Once they are in the 80's (except 3pt) I will move onto other stats

Are ye finding shot stick or square button easier?

I find I'm using the shot stick more often, not sure if it makes it any easier though. I'm the same, putting all skill pts into shooting.

Played a game earlier and actually scored a good few points but I had alot of difficulty in stopping my match-up from scoring. I take it my match-up is the chap marked by the blue arrow? It seems pretty hard to keep him quiet!
    Turn the ''jumpshot feedback'' on for a while maybe. it gets in the way of 3 point shots but at least then you'll know whether your man is getting the shot off correctly or is it a second factor(pressure, ability).
    My guys round 81 for close,medium and under and if I get a free shot off and green it I score most of the time.

Cheers I'll try that ''jumpshot feedback'', didnt notice that in options. I put all starting points into shooting, a bit less for the 3 pts range, so will just try and get them up further, they're mostly low 70s now

Ah WTF!!! Just loaded up My Player and it says I have no Jordans unlocked even tho I played my last game in a pair. Went into My Jordans and equipped them. After the game, I spent my skill points and saved the game manually. Now my points are spent and right amount of games played but shoes. sickner!

edit: Oh, and can't find the option to turn on play guidelines. Also it is always set to default Turbo camera even tho I use 2K camera. Anyone else get this?

2nd edit: actually something is wrong here, none of my settings are remembered and it just gave me the free throw tutorial again. Must have something to do with me turning off autosave im guessing.

The indicators need to be assessed from the main menu, you can't do it mid-game.

It's in Coach Settings, few options there, put it to FULL display, ALL and Auto Offence/Defence for the online/single player games.

Ya you need to save settings manually.

ah thanks again man! autosave back on and play indicators turned on full.

• Advertisement

3rd game into my 1st nba season with the awful Thunder and the ps3 powers off. YLOD and it won't turn back on. Game stuck inside. Nightmare! I saw guides how to open it up and get the game back but I just got into the swing of things gamewise. All features were saving properly, playing good ball, had the play indicators showing me what was going on...

Sickened!

3rd game into my 1st nba season with the awful Thunder and the ps3 powers off. YLOD and it won't turn back on. Game stuck inside. Nightmare! I saw guides how to open it up and get the game back but I just got into the swing of things gamewise. All features were saving properly, playing good ball, had the play indicators showing me what was going on...

Sickened!

How old was it?(mine was a launch model)

Sickner, I was 65 games into a season when mine died about two weeks back, FIFA's stuck in it though(still waiting on the screwdriver required to open it)

Did you notice graphical flaws when playing lately?

For the last 2/3 months I was seeing flaws from time to time, where moveable lines would extend out of say someones head and remain until a match ended(or in AC's/Yakuzas case until I hit a cutscene) I taught it was an AS:BH flaw first but it continued into every game I played after.

Wasn't surprised when it powered off, once I saw the TV still running I knew it was gone(hoped a power outage for a second).

Thankfully my cousin is here for now and I can bum his for a few hours a day and save to a USB

4 years old man, was lucky it lasted this long as nearly everyone else i know is on their 2nd or 3rd by now. No didn't notice any graphical issues. I was just in the 4th quarter with an A- grade and just beep beep beep and shutdown.

I started a thread in the Playstation board and some other peoples ones died recently as well. I put up a vid showing how to open it up completely and what tools are needed if it helps ya at all

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056326853

Man I really want to play NBA 2K11!!!!

When I get the PS3 back up and running, I think I might start My Player again and make a PG this time. Was getting sick of not getting the ball and just following lines around the court, usually setting me up for a 3pt when I have awful 3pt stats. After watching all the most recent Chris Smoove vids, the PG looks much better calling pics at will and driving to the hole, altho that could be that he is just really good at it. Plus, the odd time I was moved from SG to PG, thats when I got my most points and generally played better.

Latest Smoove game is pretty funny, great game as well.

My PS3 was fixed! spent last night backing it up but i'll be back on nba 2k11 tonight!

2K are saing if they get 100k tweets with nba 2k12 mention in it, they will unveil the new box art. Not on twitter, so can't see it. I remember NFS Hot Pursuit 2 doing a similar thing on FB to unlock a trailer. Not pushed about who's on the cover at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

My PS3 was fixed! spent last night backing it up but i'll be back on nba 2k11 tonight!

2K are saing if they get 100k tweets with nba 2k12 mention in it, they will unveil the new box art. Not on twitter, so can't see it. I remember NFS Hot Pursuit 2 doing a similar thing on FB to unlock a trailer. Not pushed about who's on the cover at all.
    I'd imagine it will be D.Rose

Liam O wrote: »
    I'd imagine it will be D.Rose

Havn't followed NBA in ages and only know of these new guys through Chris Smoove vids. Watched a highlight vid of Rose and he is unreal. Checked out his wiki page and he is on 5.5 mil salary :eek:

Any good places to watch games online, might go back have a look at the latest finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Why can i not buy this game anywhere? (Dublin)

weiland79 wrote: »
    Why can i not buy this game anywhere? (Dublin)

It's 18.99 incl delivery on Play.com

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=nba+2k11

but ya, no where to be found in Limerick either, had to go to Nenagh for a 2nd hand copy haha

NBA 2K12 covers just released and they are epic!

I'll be getting the Jordan one, and def not waiting as long as I did to get 2K11!

jordan-nba2k12x-wide-community.jpg

magic-2k12x-large.jpg

bird-2k12x-wide-community.jpg

Yeah the Jordan one looks beast, I'd imagine a lot of the ones in Irish stores will have Bird, hopefully not...

I know I said I wasn't pushed about game covers but I want an A1 size poster of that Jordan cover!

Ya, it was hard enough getting this game don't mind looking for a specfic cover. Will be interesting to see how they manage it. Maybe have 1 main cover and 2 slip covers so you can change them if you wish.

Those covers look class!

Hopefully I can get the game on release day in Ireland but ill probably be better getting it online (especially to get the MJ cover).

2K announced on FB that Jordan will be the main cover and Bird and Magic will be limited edition covers on release. I'm just mad for that as a poster.

Those covers look class!

Hopefully I can get the game on release day in Ireland but ill probably be better getting it online (especially to get the MJ cover).
    you shouldn't have a problem getting it on release, I have for I think the last 3 years now without a problem, Xtravision don't stock it but there's always plenty in HMV and Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

I think I'll be avoiding Miami players any more(just like Real/Chelsea bandits in FIFA)

Online gets so boring when almost every game is against Heat or Mavericks.

Games get ridiculous when the Heat get the option to just punt the ball to D Wade in transition. When running hot it's crazy how often he can hit a three with a hand (or two) in his face.

I don't use the defensive settings in every game - but once I see the Heat come up as opponents I put an auto double team on LeBron, and under Off Ball I set Deny Ball on D Wade to prevent the quick break.

If your opponent can play properly, they'll still hammer you - but if they rely on very cheap tactics then you can get a lot of easy turnovers as they'll throw their long passes out of the court.

Does anyone know whether the heat meter (how hot your shooter is) is affected by whether an attacker commits a foul? Lately I've been trying to position to block to draw a charging call on runners, and it's potentially a much better strategy than spamming steal if you can get position before the setup. Even more so if it cools their meter.

raze wrote: »
    Online gets so boring when almost every game is against Heat or Mavericks.

Games get ridiculous when the Heat get the option to just punt the ball to D Wade in transition. When running hot it's crazy how often he can hit a three with a hand (or two) in his face.

I don't use the defensive settings in every game - but once I see the Heat come up as opponents I put an auto double team on LeBron, and under Off Ball I set Deny Ball on D Wade to prevent the quick break.

If your opponent can play properly, they'll still hammer you - but if they rely on very cheap tactics then you can get a lot of easy turnovers as they'll throw their long passes out of the court.

Does anyone know whether the heat meter (how hot your shooter is) is affected by whether an attacker commits a foul? Lately I've been trying to position to block to draw a charging call on runners, and it's potentially a much better strategy than spamming steal if you can get position before the setup. Even more so if it cools their meter.
    the best way to play the Heat (and everyone else bar the A.I.) is to play on ball defense and try to predict the way that they are going to run. People who can spin move as they cut to the rim can't be stopped with Wade and Bron but for 90% of people just out-thinking them works.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

the best way to play the Heat (and everyone else bar the A.I.) is to play on ball defense and try to predict the way that they are going to run. People who can spin move as they cut to the rim can't be stopped with Wade and Bron but for 90% of people just out-thinking them works.

Good point, but when the Heat run hot, out-thinking them often isn't enough. At least not for me with my weak offense :) This is made worse by my reliance on posting up rather than mid-range and kicking outside, so it can be hard to keep up until I can rein them back in on their shooting.

I restarted My Player today and delighted I did. Picked PG and the game has become miles for fun for me. I finished my 1st combine game with A+, 3 assists short of a triple double.

Can you call plays in the combine or is it just in NBA games?

Yeah the Jordan one looks beast, I'd imagine a lot of the ones in Irish stores will have Bird, hopefully not...

Considering not ONE shop deemed it worth stocking this year, I can't see that changing for 2012.

I did manage to get NHL in Smyths, they were the only ones to stock it, but not even they bothered getting NBA 2K11 in, I think it's an EA thing.
    I'd say if NHL was 2k they wouldn't have got it either(same as if the EA NBA came out this year I bet they'd have it there, they were also the only shop to stock NBA Jam)

I don't get the theory, it's worth stocking a game which every shop has 1000 copies off already(insert random title here), but one store breaking the mould and getting in even 10 copies (of a game nobody else will have) doesn't seem like a better idea :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

Pippen should be getting a cover, HOF year this year.

Anyway completed all of the Jordan challenges with a laptop keyboard. Not easy

Havn't even touched the Jordan challenge yet over the stupidly addictive My Player. I'm a PG and 10 games in with the Nets. Currently at 31 minutes (6th man) but constantly being used as SG. PG D Williams is like teachers pet, I can't take his position even though i'm getting double his stats and was player of the game for last 3 games in a row.

Can anyone suggest a team I can trade to that will play me as a PG?

Havn't even touched the Jordan challenge yet over the stupidly addictive My Player. I'm a PG and 10 games in with the Nets. Currently at 31 minutes (6th man) but constantly being used as SG. PG D Williams is like teachers pet, I can't take his position even though i'm getting double his stats and was player of the game for last 3 games in a row.

Can anyone suggest a team I can trade to that will play me as a PG?

It takes more then 10 games to get a starting spot.

And in my first play through, when I transferred after 15 or so games, I was back to the bench for another while with the ''bigger'' club.

Then you'll get starting point with a small bit of time at SG.

Probably worth transferring anyway, I found that from every team I was with only Dwight Howard didn't annoy me missing all the time.
    He's rated over 90 so I'm assuming the Celtics, Lakers or Miami would be the teams to play with as you'll pick up more assists etc...

Haven't played in a few weeks now and said I'd just finish one season out with Orlando but from the 4/5 clubs I was with, every player bar Howard would miss even free shots.

For a while I taught it was just the way the game went, meaning if your team wins you have to contribute the majority of the points, and it prob' is somewhat like that, But Howard was good so I think the top 3 teams would make the head wrecking misses a lot less of a problem.

Excellent, thanks man! Gonna apply for those 3 teams now see what happens! I'm completely carrying the Nets but we still lose most games. i'm player of the game for 5 games in a row now as well. Worst is D Williams hardly ever uses me in plays and when a play breaks down (most of the time) he feels the need to take on 2 guys, pull off some fancy moves and throw up a brick, very annoying.

• Advertisement

Considering not ONE shop deemed it worth stocking this year, I can't see that changing for 2012.

I did manage to get NHL in Smyths, they were the only ones to stock it, but not even they bothered getting NBA 2K11 in, I think it's an EA thing.
    I'd say if NHL was 2k they wouldn't have got it either(same as if the EA NBA came out this year I bet they'd have it there, they were also the only shop to stock NBA Jam)

I don't get the theory, it's worth stocking a game which every shop has 1000 copies off already(insert random title here), but one store breaking the mould and getting in even 10 copies (of a game nobody else will have) doesn't seem like a better idea :confused:
    There were a good few in HMV and Gamestop on Henry St. in Dublin the last 2 years anyway so while they might get a few in you'd probably have to be quick about it, maybe pre-order.

Advertisement