Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K11

Options
  • 04-11-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Since NBA Elite has been scrapped, I'm sure basketball fans will have picked up NBA 2K11 instead.

I'm just wondering what people think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

elite is gone? no way, ive nba 2k11 and I like it. its improved enough over 2k10 to make it worth a buy.

my player mode is improved alot and the jordan related stuff is cool.

overal gameplay is much slicker with more realistic moves put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will pick 2k11 up when it is a bit cheaper, a lot more games on my hitlist at the moment. Absolutely shocked when I heard Elite was scrapped. After they reinventing the system an all, man someones getting fired over at EA sports!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

This game is absolutely unreal. The commentary is the best I've heard in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

How does the online play in 2k11 play? Are there disconnections/lag as with previous 2k versions?

Surprised to hear Elite has been scrapped. Demo was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

How does the online play in 2k11 play? Are there disconnections/lag as with previous 2k versions?

Surprised to hear Elite has been scrapped. Demo was great.

Online is very good, still no lobbys :mad: but the connection quality hasn't let me down yet and it's fairly easy to get into a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I played the demo of this recently.I'm wondering is this availible in Irish shops or is it hard to find a copy.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I played the demo of this recently.I'm wondering is this availible in Irish shops or is it hard to find a copy.
    shouldn't be too hard, I got it on release no problem anyway and there were plenty of copies. maybe best to wait til after christmas because last year anyway it was real cheap online.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Saw a Gamestop FAIL a while ago, shelf full of NBA Elite 11 with 'reserve now' stickers on them!

Unless it's being released again????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

NBA Elite was definitely cancelled AFAIK.

I got this game a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. Light years ahead of 2k9 which was the last B-Ball game Ive played. . One thing I really like is that the different strengths and weaknesses of each team really show through. When I played Houston, I had trouble in the paint against them. Against Golden State, I scored at will in the paint, but they turned me over a ton of times and got a lot of fast break points.

I'm slightly adjusting the sliders for stuff like fouls and 3 point success (it's too low for both me and the CPU, IMO), but this is the first b-ball game that I've played that has minor glitches, but nothing major. I haven't found a real glaring weakness yet, I only have minor complaints.

EDIT: This was probably one of the reasons why NBA Elite was shelved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

Is this really good. I enquired in one games shop the other day and compared NBA 2K10 to NBA Live 2010 and they said Live was way better. I was going to get that until I heard all the talk about 2K11. Help please!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Is this really good. I enquired in one games shop the other day and compared NBA 2K10 to NBA Live 2010 and they said Live was way better. I was going to get that until I heard all the talk about 2K11. Help please!!!

I didn't play either of those games last year so I can't compare them but I would recommend this game straight away. It's hard though...you gotta play real basketball or else you're gonna turn the ball over A LOT.!

Just to let anybody who is looking to buy the game know, its on sale on play.com for both ps3 & xbox for €25.49 with free delivery

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=nba+2k11&searchtype=gameall&searchsource=0

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

i traded for it in gamespot, got huge trade value for 2k10. people should try amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

This game is superb and I don't even like Basketball. Put's Fifa to absolute shame

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yoursister

anyone know where i can get this??

cant find it anywhere in galway!and play.com said it could be up to 28days before they have stock of it.

anyone know anywhere in dublin it can be got??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

yoursister wrote: »

cant find it anywhere in galway!and play.com said it could be up to 28days before they have stock of it.

I've been looking for it everywhere in Dublin, not a shop with it. Cant even get it online with any Irish company. Really dying to get it after hearing of it's good reviews.

Ya it's pathetic really.

I went to HMV first, he said sold out, i reckon they didnt even get it, thats what they told me when i was looking for NHL 11(so i remarked ''Do ye not get in American sports games?'')

Then to Game where i was told it was ''hard to get'', he made it sound like there was a shortage... ya a shortage of copies brought into the city.

None in Gamestop, Xtravision, Smyths or Currys either.

Was surprised with Smyths as when i couldnt get NHL in town and went there, they had a good stock.

Apparently it's because they don't sell much.

But how hard is it to keep 4/5 copies in stock, it's out since October, it's disappointing having to import it like a rare collectable.
    They all have 50+ copies of COD even though they'll never sell them all as there are always loads of trade ins as well.

Think i'll order it of HMV.co.uk, it's £37.50 including delivery.

You can get it for E35 including delivery on ebay from Hong Kong but there could be a week+ wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

I bought it the week of release from HMV Grafton St, and I think I've seen it since in Gamestop Stephen's Green, though not sure if either still stock it after the shelves got covered in the Christmas rush. It's a quality game, shame it gets pushed out so stores can have Kinect/Move peripherals and COD sequels floor to ceiling.

I find it the same with the NHL games - gotta buy 'em in the first two months or you'll have to keep trekking around to find a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Basketball is one sport that I cannot watch on tv but the games I do enjoy. Ordered for the PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i remember trying to get nba2k10 last year , multiple people told my dad it cant be got because it doesnt sell well in galway.
    though i went to xtravision or hmv and i can find at least 3 copies of american football , idiocy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jayo180

Trying to get hold of it as well, sold out everywhere, even online. the usuall suspects like amazon and game etc who would e reliable enough dont ave it :mad:

The one thing that really irks me when looking for it is the amount of copies of NBA Jam I see.

dsmythy wrote: »
    The one thing that really irks me when looking for it is the amount of copies of NBA Jam I see.

Nearly the same situation here in Galway as I mentioned previously(with 2k11).
    Although Smyths are stocking it(NBA Jam), the others would rather concentrate on having a 100 copies of games like MoH etc...

I noticed as well that the ''new games'' sections in Game and Gamestop were as good as gone.
    They had a charts section, which funnily enough in most stores contained Move games that wouldn't have sold half as much as they were making out(obv' trying to get new ''gamers'' to look and go ''wow might get a move and the PS3''), then they'd have a tiny section with new games and 90% of space was reserved for used games.

Seems that selling what people are looking for isn't a priority any more. It's just about buying used games and selling them for a profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Robko

Best sports game of the year, no two ways about it. Maybe even ever! The only thing it's missing is the Phoenix Suns '93 team which would have been awesome but Barkley must have wanted too much money for it. Anybody here play on xbox live?

Ya it's pathetic really.

I went to HMV first, he said sold out, i reckon they didnt even get it, thats what they told me when i was looking for NHL 11(so i remarked ''Do ye not get in American sports games?'')

Then to Game where i was told it was ''hard to get'', he made it sound like there was a shortage... ya a shortage of copies brought into the city.

None in Gamestop, Xtravision, Smyths or Currys either.

Was surprised with Smyths as when i couldnt get NHL in town and went there, they had a good stock.

Apparently it's because they don't sell much.

But how hard is it to keep 4/5 copies in stock, it's out since October, it's disappointing having to import it like a rare collectable.
    They all have 50+ copies of COD even though they'll never sell them all as there are always loads of trade ins as well.

Think i'll order it of HMV.co.uk, it's £37.50 including delivery.

You can get it for E35 including delivery on ebay from Hong Kong but there could be a week+ wait.
    http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/games/platforms/xbox-360/nba-2k11/10208063.html

say you didn't already order?

Liam O wrote: »

Nope as i got NBA Jam instead this week, going to order next week.

I already came across Zavvi selling it for £18 squid anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jayo180

Nope as i got NBA Jam instead this week, going to order next week.

I already came across Zavvi selling it for £18 squid anyway :D

Finally somewhere has it in stock :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 DRose

Got this the day it came out and havnt stopped playing it since! F*** COD, this is the most addictive game ive ever played! :D

€25 on play.com at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The game arrived yesterday and I am blown away by how amazing it looks, how great it's presented and how great it plays.

My defence needs some work but I am really happy with my purchase.

Advertisement