Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital USB 2.0 DVB-T HDTV TV Tuner Recorder & Receiver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Its free guys I saw that myself when i first viewed the site but its 100% free.Have it on now watching sky news:D

Works great with the iPhone (wifi) thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

long_b wrote: »
    Anyone know what kind of range the Mt Leinster transmitter has? I'm in South Kildare

I used to live in Athy and Mount Leinster was the best transmitter for me. (obviously that was for analogue....). You should be able to just about see it on a good day - you won't be able to see 3Rock or Kippure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Its free guys I saw that myself when i first viewed the site but its 100% free.Have it on now watching sky news:D

This thing is great, I hope it lasts. It probably deserves a thread of its own too, I wouldn't have known about it only for you mentioning it here. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Nice to see another MediaPortal Fanboy on these forum :)

See attached zip file for the Irish logos. RTÉ One, RTÉ Two, TV3 and TG4 logos I found on this thread. I made up the logos for 3e, RTÉ News Now and RTÉNL.

Personally I use the Maya Skin, I've attached some screens.

How do you have FiveHD? That's not available over FTA is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Ush1 wrote: »
    How do you have FiveHD? That's not available over FTA is it?

Your correct it's a scrambled Satellite channel and it's not FTA, but it's Free To View (a non subscription channel) using a Freesat from SKY card.

Forum rules on boards.ie prevent me from discussing how to use a valid Sky card in a non SKY box or HTPC to decode scrambled channels.

• Advertisement

Forum rules on boards.ie prevent me from discussing how to use a valid Sky card in a non SKY box or HTPC to decode scrambled channels.
    Expect a deluge of private messages! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Expect a deluge of private messages! :D

My Inbox is full already:eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

From the amouont of interest, would it not be worth starting a thread on Media Portal and Freesat?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Got my DVB-T 2 stick yessterday and have unfortunately had troubles ....... the tuner in this one is not supported in Linux presently it seems. I thought at first the device was dead.

I tried installing to Win Vista on another family member's PC, but the Blaze software would not launch properly .... I suspect because it is a 64 bit Vista.

So I tried a Virtual Box installation of Win2k on my Linux PC and Blaze worked OK, plugged in an external aerial and scanned ..... finding a totaly of 17 channels (TV, radio and test)
    All were 100% for both quality and power.

Unfortunately Win2k will not deliver the output ..... radio is stuttering and distorted and no display for TV. That is I believe down to Win2k and the manner in which it is running.

So, I am rather disappointed that I cannot use the device although it seems to be working .....

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Got my DVB-T 2 stick yessterday and have unfortunately had troubles ....... the tuner in this one is not supported in Linux presently it seems. I thought at first the device was dead.

I got it working on linux mint (ubuntu) , you have to change a few things but it does work :D can't rem the links but it's on the net how to do it. PM me if you have difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Your correct it's a scrambled Satellite channel and it's not FTA, but it's Free To View (a non subscription channel) using a Freesat from SKY card.

Interesting. I'll have to look into it.

My DVB-T reciever just arrived so I'm gonna play with that first, then order a DVB-S reciever for the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Just got the USB thingie from Ellishang today. Installed all the stuff but getting no channels. I'm in Killaloe which is about 20 miles from Woodcock Hill. No lights on the Dongle when plugged in. Using Blazevideo.
    Any help appreciated.
    thegills

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Got mine recently from zhubaochao2010 total cost 11.45

dvb-t

Works fine with bundled BlazeDTV 6.0
    HD channel a little juddery but might be speed of laptop it is on. Might try VLC to see if smoother.
    For the price, pretty good if it stays working.
    Gets a bit warm, hope doesnt overheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

thegills wrote: »
    Just got the USB thingie from Ellishang today. Installed all the stuff but getting no channels. I'm in Killaloe which is about 20 miles from Woodcock Hill. No lights on the Dongle when plugged in. Using Blazevideo.
    Any help appreciated.
    thegills

One light will come when you watch any program, so for you at this step is normal not to see any lights.

Try sticking the antenna out the window, try different parts of the house, even get outside if the weather permits you to do that. This way you'll have an idea where the strongest signal is and position your antena accordingly. Don't forget that the little antenna has a magnet at the base, try sticking it on something metal to boost the signal.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Hey m4r10.
    Stuck it to me American style fridge and it worked a treat. Thanks for advice.
    thegills

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

thegills wrote: »
    Hey m4r10.
    Stuck it to me American style fridge and it worked a treat. Thanks for advice.
    thegills

Glad to be of help.

So that fridge of yours finally fulfilled its purpose (apart from keeping those beers cool)!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

I've just ordered one of these from the Eunion4u, just for playing around with, you know.

Anyway, I've a question, can I use this to receive a DAB radio broadcast? Assuming I've coverage, of course!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Anyone used this in Cork city? How's the signal, Do you use the antenna supplied or an external one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Ricky91t Have used it and it works fine with the supplied antenna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Ricky91t Have used it and it works fine with the supplied antenna

Thanks MC!

Also has anyone used this with a mac? How easy is it to set up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Anyway, I've a question, can I use this to receive a DAB radio broadcast? Assuming I've coverage, of course!

Thanks!

The DAB station are available on it (they are broadcasting the DAB stations on Saorview as well as DAB). You get 10 RTE radio stations.

BTW EUnion4u delivers in around 8 days but might be slower now nearer to xmas. (have got several of these from him/her)

wil wrote: »
    Got mine recently from zhubaochao2010 total cost 11.45

dvb-t

Works fine with bundled BlazeDTV 6.0
    HD channel a little juddery but might be speed of laptop it is on. Might try VLC to see if smoother.
    For the price, pretty good if it stays working.
    Gets a bit warm, hope doesnt overheat.

Agree HD channel (RTE2) not great with Blaze. HD looks better on VLC and MediaPortal

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

got this last week. In Millford, about 10miles north of Letterkenny. Have an MPEG-4 tv with aerial that gets the DTT channels perfectly.

Can't get this yoke to work. TO be fair, I cobbled together the connection from the large aerial socket thing to the really small connector on the stick so I'm hoping that's all it is.

Have ordered two of the small adapter yokes but will be waiting a bit as they're coming from Hong Kong. Cheap as chips but would've been nice to buy one locally for a few quid more!

Will post back on how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Actually got one of these in the post this morning. From lucknetwork, only took 45 days to come! I was refunded last week and all..

Works perfectly with windows media centre anyway. Also pretty cool using the media extender thing and playing live tv with epg and all on the 360. Supplied antenna works for me becasue Im about a mile from the mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

I've just ordered one of these from the Eunion4u, just for playing around with, you know.

Thanks!

Yay! Got it today, stuck it into the laptop, auto installed fine, into media centre - scanned channels.

Nada. Nothing.

Did the trick with the aerial -unscrewed it and jacked it into the wall aerial socket and pulled in 16 channels, 5 tv and 11 radio, and I'm the middle of Ireland where even FM is hard to get!

Nice one! Not bad for under a tenner, took 6 working days to arrive.

Eunion4u, worked for me.

I've ordered a pigtail adapter from god knows where for 1.50 and once I've that I'll be laughing!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

So a good buy. Seems to record files in ~ 666Mb chunks though.....

Also I think most locations will require a good proper aerial. Probably fair to say that's not down to this product though..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Hi lads.
    Are these things neat and compact or all over the shop.
    Which one would you recommend.
    Thanks.

zaphodbeeb wrote: »

QUOTE]

To allow you burn it to cd. Not sure if you can change that in the Blazetv options menu.

You can also run it and record on freeware such as mediaportal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Trevord wrote: »
    zaphodbeeb wrote: »

QUOTE]

To allow you burn it to cd. Not sure if you can change that in the Blazetv options menu.

You can also run it and record on freeware such as mediaportal.

Yes if you go in to Options and select the Record tab you can specify any file size you want in there.

Advertisement