Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC ALARM Installation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

bikenut wrote: »
    Trying to figure out single/dual EOL using the attached diagram and a HKC shock and contact sensor - SEN-WR.

So I wired up the sensor using the lower diagram - and thought it would be good to check before wiring to panel so tested it as shown
    using the meter which says 9K4?

Is this correct? I was expecting it to say closed - i.e. 4K7?

out of interest - the HKC manual only shows one resistor in its diagram for single EOL?

Any help thoughts much appreciated - there will only be one sensor on this zone.

Just looking at the sensor you are using, its a inertia.
    I cant see a reed on the device which you have wired in too, that is why it is showing open.

Reed is 1 and 6 on that device.
    Inertia is 2 and 5
    Tamper is 3 and 4

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bikenut

Thanks - tried again this time with the sensor+contact and same result. Shows 9K4 whether the contact is closed or not and open line if I take open the tamper spring (in the last photo I'm holding down the spring).

Back to start of this thread again to find out where I'm going wrong. I don't think it's the connections as otherwise it wouldn't be showing 9K4 all the time.

I presume that if a detector is working properly it should show 4K7 to the panel?

Thanks - tried again this time with the sensor+contact and same result. Shows 9K4 whether the contact is closed or not and open line if I take open the tamper spring (in the last photo I'm holding down the spring).

Back to start of this thread again to find out where I'm going wrong. I don't think it's the connections as otherwise it wouldn't be showing 9K4 all the time.

I presume that if a detector is working properly it should show 4K7 to the panel?

There is an arrow on the sensor head that must point upwards, looks side ways in your photo.
    This and the magnet in place with the lid closed will close it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bikenut

Ha - thanks x 10^6!!

I would have been there forever without seeing that! Works perfect - pic attached.

Ha - thanks x 10^6!!

I would have been there forever without seeing that! Works perfect - pic attached.

All easy when you know how :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 damoj29

Sorry to jump in on this thread but seems appropriate as I'm wring an hkc alarm at the moment...
    Could anyone advise how I wire two sabb's into a panel.... Eh, a diagram would be fantastic! Thanks!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hope this helps.

436588.jpg

If any connections are different give me a shout

Absolutely brilliant! Thanks!

I have only got around to this today... And I'm already confused!

In my hkc sabb's there is a resistor across two terminals with one marked as "back to panel", then there is the bho terminal - how does the previous diagram apply to this?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will only need one resistor between the 2 bells and that will be from the second bell back to the TR on the panel. The TR from the first bell will have no resistor & will connect to the BHO on the second.

• Advertisement

damoj29 wrote: »
    I have only got around to this today... And I'm already confused!

In my hkc sabb's there is a resistor across two terminals with one marked as "back to panel", then there is the bho terminal - how does the previous diagram apply to this?

Also on your first SABB you will be taking out the resistor and putting the cable in the right terminal if you have the cable from the panel to the SABB.
    So you would not be putting it in the BACK TO PANEL side.

altor wrote: »
    Also on your first SABB you will be taking out the resistor and putting the cable in the right terminal if you have the cable from the panel to the SABB.

Thanks guys,
    So, just clarify... In my own way...

Remove both resistors.
    SABB 1
    Panel to sabb 1 - bho into bho.
    Tamper to bho in sabb 2 (leaving 'back to panel' empty in sabb 1)
    SABB 2
    Tamper through resistor back to TR in panel (leaving 'back to panel' empty in sabb 2)
    ?

altor wrote: »

Thanks guys,
    So, just clarify... In my own way...

Remove both resistors.
    SABB 1
    Panel to sabb 1 - bho into bho.
    Tamper to bho in sabb 2 (leaving 'back to panel' empty in sabb 1)
    SABB 2
    Tamper through resistor back to TR in panel (leaving 'back to panel' empty in sabb 2)
    ?

Sounds right.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

Sorry for hijacking here, would anyone have the installation engineers manual for the HKC 1070 hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

sparky63 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking here, would anyone have the installation engineers manual for the HKC 1070 hybrid.

Due to copyright issues, boards does not allow the sharing of manuals any longer.

Hi
    As above Boards.ie no longer allow us to share manuals here.
    If you contact the manufacturer or an installer I'm sure they would be able to help you.

Thanks will do. I'm awaiting delivery of the alarm, not sure if it comes with it or just the user manual. Wanted to start goin through the manual.

Do you mean delivery of the equipment?

Yea, panel, keypad, few wireless shock/contacts, battery, sab and internal sounder. Have an existing Aritech cs350 that needs replacing.

• Advertisement

If you have bought it you should be getting the installation manual.

Grand, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Grand, Thanks

HKC panels don't come with an Engineers manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

HKC panels don't come with an Engineers manual.

As mentioned on the panel packaging ' Only available to professional Installers '

Thanks guys, eventually found it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Sorry if this is wrong thread but just thought i'd ask about rough cost of replacing the hkc GSM card for a wifi one to enable app usage....

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Hi All,
    I have wired nearly all my hkc components and powered up the panel to get the bell light flashing outside as a deterrent.I haven’t programmed anything yet due to been busy.
    I have to add in a pir and gsm/wifi unit, if I open the panel will the external bell ring? Is there a way of disabling it before I start?
    Also any advice on programming?
    Thanks in advance

Once you power the panel up disarm it and then enter engineer code. Once in the engineer menu you can work away without the system activating.
    If you have any questions on programming come back to us.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Once you power the panel up disarm it and then enter engineer code. Once in the engineer menu you can work away without the system activating.
    If you have any questions on programming come back to us.
    Great thanks for that

• Advertisement

So I have every zone walked tested bar the back door.i have wired it dual end of line ( 1 core into tamper and 1 core into reed, then into sensor into tamper with 2 4.7kohm resistors.)
    When I set it dual EOL it says 9500ohm open.
    If I set it single EOL it says 9500ohm closed but neither activate on walk test.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers

Advertisement