Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭ondafly

HMVs have a linked inventory system, and one store which has demand for a particular item can request them from a store that has stock and no demand.

If you're willing to pay some or all of the price of two fightpads upfront, I'm sure whatever HMV is closest to you would be happy to order them.

tried that too - they couldn't find them on the system

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

ondafly wrote: »
    sadly not anymore - I've tried pretty much every HMV in Dublin and none have them in stock and of course they can't seem to locate them on their computer system either.

I was in HMV in Drogheda (scotch hall) today looking for a TE stick and they had about 10-15 xbox fight pads and about 10 ps3 ones , the ps3 ones were €12.99 and the 360 ones were €13.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 arcadesan

got myself an x arcade stick, but want to put new sticks and buttons in it. my problem is that I can't seem to remove the joysticks. It looks like I've removed all of the nuts/screws, but the joysticks are still held firmly in place. Anyone modded one of these and come up against the same problem?

gizabeer wrote: »
    I was in HMV in Drogheda (scotch hall) today looking for a TE stick and they had about 10-15 xbox fight pads and about 10 ps3 ones , the ps3 ones were €12.99 and the 360 ones were €13.99

doh :pac: where were you a few days ago.

arcadesan wrote: »
    got myself an x arcade stick, but want to put new sticks and buttons in it. my problem is that I can't seem to remove the joysticks. It looks like I've removed all of the nuts/screws, but the joysticks are still held firmly in place. Anyone modded one of these and come up against the same problem?

this might help ? proxy blocked the site, but I'm guessing its a good link

http://shoryuken.com/f177/replacing-x-arcade-joystick-151778/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Stick up some photos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

If anyone's looking for a 360 Fightpad I have one in basically perfect condition that I'll give someone for €10. I used it once or twice, and then Misty had it for a couple of weeks before he switched to stick.
    Aside from that it's been gathering dust in my room.

sucess!!! used a butter knife to pry it loose (was a little bit of glue holding it in I think).

now onto my next problem, how do I open the joystick itself to remove it from the control panel? :D any joystick I've previously encountered had a nut on the base that once opened allowed the removal of the stick ... but not this one. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It should have an E-ring.

Follow this guide:
    Modifying X—Arcade Dual Joystick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Sairus wrote: »
    If anyone's looking for a 360 Fightpad I have one in basically perfect condition that I'll give someone for €10. I used it once or twice, and then Misty had it for a couple of weeks before he switched to stick.
    Aside from that it's been gathering dust in my room.
    I know Ondafly is first.But if he's sorted i'll take that offer Sairus.
    Need one to mod my cabinet as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Any excuse to mention the cabinet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

ondafly wrote: »
    doh :pac: where were you a few days ago.

im up in Drogheda every wednesday , I'll pick you one up next week if you want ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sound job. I'll have it at Tempest 4 and the Evo Qualifier, so whoever wants it off me can get it at one of those.

It'S predicable I will be at the evo qualifier to collect(and win). if ondafly is sorted my deal is revocable
    Very amicable of you sairus to offer the pad

I really stretched my vocabulary with those words

It'S predicable I will be at the evo qualifier to collect(and win). if ondafly is sorted my deal is revocable

Legend.

How you are related to someone as dull as A-Trak? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Not trying to rain on your parade, but it's actually predictable.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/474542/predicable
    Aristotle says so:pac:

Don't argue with him
    arist.jpg

work away - I ordered 2 online the other day, hence the "where were ya" :pac:
    gizabeer wrote: »
    im up in Drogheda every wednesday , I'll pick you one up next week if you want ?

no need man - appreciate it though. I might take a swing up there myself though and stock up on one or two. They are an excellent pad for modding.

cheers for the help. Here is my stick wip (wanted to test the look of the overlay first so just put the original buttons/sticks back in).

Don't know what to do with the p1 and 2 buttons though, placementwise.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I'm looking for a good stick for SF4, Pm me plz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

cheers for the help. Here is my stick wip (wanted to test the look of the overlay first so just put the original buttons/sticks back in).

Don't know what to do with the p1 and 2 buttons though, placementwise.
    The buttons in the lower row?

I say replace them with 28mm button plugs and move them somewhere else -- you do NOT want to accidentally hit Start in the middle of an (offline) match!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

:confused::confused:

If anybody sees this anywhere, I'll take as many as they feel they can spare.

Like seriously how can they sell at that price? That pretty much only covers one button.

EDIT : Just checked that thread. Apparently it was once off to get rid of their last one. But still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Woah that is crazy I payed 30 times that and thought I got a good deal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Woah that is crazy I payed 30 times that and thought I got a good deal :(

Me too! what was i thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I have a Hori real arcade pro ex (not modded) for xbox 360 for sale. Boxed and perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

eco2live wrote: »
    I have a Hori real arcade pro ex (not modded) for xbox 360 for sale. Boxed and perfect condition.

How much are you asking for?

How much are you asking for?

For you €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

good price, I'd be tempted if chopper doesnt take it

• Advertisement

Thats collection only from Naas by the way. Should have said.

Advertisement