Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Ok so at the moment people are getting a lot of suggestions as to which stick to buy. I've browsed around the internet and found very little information on stores that will deliver sticks in europe. Could we perhaps get the first post of this thread edited with a list of stores which deliver sticks to Ireland.

So www.shopto.net and www.amazon.co.uk are two

bleh.png

Though amazons pricing seem to leave something to be desired...

The website i linked today has since threatened me with legal action for slander for saying that it was false advertising...so i'd stay well clear of them, they seem so dodgy it's unreal.

Play have fightsticks but they are also insanely overpriced.

Anyone else got any suggestions? Preferably cheap suggestions with various sticks, hori's, madcatz SE's TE's and Brawl sticks and qanba, i could not find any prices on the qanba sticks for europe.

Lol sorry if that came out as a demand, it just seems like a good idea to me, other people might have got theirs through some other online outlets and might not have thought to post it up here...didnt want ye to get the wrong end of the stick...i'll get me coat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

aeonfusion wrote: »
    also having trouble finding a decent stick, how's the fightpad working out? what were you using btw

ive used the fightpads since day 1 vanilla. i love them, a million times better than using a 360 or ps3 contoller. the reason i want to get a good stick is durability. the d-pads on the fightpads all fail (after serious usage to be fair), im on my 3rd and its only opened a week ago, that one i said i ordered will be 4 if i need to use it, its a backup. so 2 fighpads d-pads have failed after at least 400 hours of use, not too bad i guess. a button has never went wrong, just the d-pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Unfortunately getting sticks shipped to Ireland has always been the problem.

shopto.net have been a nightmare iirc. I don't think they'll deliver to the south of Ireland because they only deliver to Europe :confused:

Amazon, as you have said the prices are a little iffy and there is also the multiple different sellers. Some of whom will, some of whom won't.

Anywhere else you run in the stock problem and the sheer dodginess factor. Makes it hard to have a large recommended list because the only one that can consistently be trusted is Amazon.

I suggest custom sticks. Little pricier but you get exactly what you want and the guys that are doing them tend to be cool about shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Someone should ring all the hmv's in Ireland and see if they have any in stock lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Someone should ring all the hmv's in Ireland and see if they have any in stock lol.

Or ring one in the North and one in the Republic, their stock systems are interconnected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

bush wrote: »

is that a good stick bush? compared to a te. i know nowt about these things

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I used one since the release of vanilla. Bought a few buttons and threw them in there and I couldn't fault it. I even carried the button layout over to my b15. There's a Sanwa JLF stick in it and Hori buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Orim wrote: »
    I suggest custom sticks. Little pricier but you get exactly what you want and the guys that are doing them tend to be cool about shipping.

Like the Famous Ry stick.
    I got too see it in person at the qualifiers.Jesus it nearly burnt my eyes out..Was I aloud play on it..feck no.
    I think people with those sticks have something to hide

small_penis_04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It comes with a Sanwa JLF stick as standard and Hori buttons.

So just get a new set of buttons for about €25 including shipping from www.akihabarashop.jp and you're set.

Buttons are quick disconnects so easy to swap out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Or just buy from Gremlin Solutions, they're in the Uk so delivery is really quick and you can get 6 buttons delivered for less than £12.

I bought 6 of those B-grade sanwas (ex display stock) a while ago and they're identical to the regular A-grade buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

Cool, I didn't know the HRAP's could have their buttons changed so easy. I may have to give one a go. I have a Hori EX2. Not bad for a €35 stick (Gamestop, Rathmines).
    I like the quad-gate stick but the buttons are getting dodgy after 6months now. No chance replacing them either, smaller bore than sanwa and they are soldered in too.
    I've played a TE R2 and I know the buttons are miles better, the buttons on the Hori EX2 were always a bit sticky and too cheaply-springy-but-in-a-catchy-and-squeaky way.
    I opened them up and bored-down the plastic button sides with a nail file, and it was cool for a few months but it's getting fooked again.

Put on offer down for this:
    http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/marvel-vs-capcom-2-te-arcade-stick-xbox360/641983

I can't afford the €120, but maybe somebody here might.
    Seems yer man isn't paying much attention to his ad though.

I'd eventually like to replace the decal on it if I got it:

www.canadianjoysticks.com/products/Plexiglass-Full-Size-Top-Panel-Replacement-for-MadCatz-Tournament-Edition-Joysticks.html
    www.shadowloo.com/featured/justice-first-wave-te-sfiv-stick-art
    http://www.shadowloo.com/features/wallpaper/stick-art/stick-art-series-1
    www.leimrod.com/mad-catz-te-fightstick-faceplate-mod/
    i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa115/argantes53/Mr__Sparkle_MadCatz_TE_Stick_A_by_a.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If you're going to mess around with a TE, don't buy a rare one, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Like the Famous Ry stick.
    I got too see it in person at the qualifiers.Jesus it nearly burnt my eyes out..Was I aloud play on it..feck no.

Ha I didn't mind you using my stick obviously. It was that I'd only just sat down to play and wanted some games since I knew I wasn't gonna get many :)

If you're going to mess around with a TE, don't buy a rare one, imo.

MVC wouldn't stayon it, no matter how rare it is tbh. A TE with Mr.Sparkle on it would be worth a lot more eventually, say if Homer dies or something?

Darachnid wrote: »
    MVC wouldn't stayon it, no matter how rare it is tbh. A TE with Mr.Sparkle on it would be worth a lot more eventually, say if Homer dies or something?

Then don't waste your money on rare limited edition one, just buy the regular marvel one or a round 1 or something!

It doesn't mention rare anywhere, and the price doesn't really reflect rare? I've not seen any TE sticks for sale in Ireland recently. Not exactly spoiled for choice as to which one I'd get. Any TE's I seen for sale in the past have been more expensive iirc (depreciation aside). Marvel ones/R1 TE's are more expensive than €120 aren't they?

edit: http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.169074600?resid=TgYy5AoHArEAAGCOBCQAAAAI&rests=1309029090274

Ahh ok, I see what you mean. So it's not really a 'badged' R2 stick. I wouldn't mind hacking mvc graphics off it anyway, means nothing to me. My Hori looks like a bus ran over it.

Darachnid wrote: »
    It doesn't mention rare anywhere, and the price doesn't really reflect rare? I've not seen any TE sticks for sale in Ireland recently. Not exactly spoiled for choice as to which one I'd get. Any TE's I seen for sale in the past have been more expensive iirc (depreciation aside). Marvel ones/R1 TE's are more expensive than €120 aren't they?

edit: http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.169074600?resid=TgYy5AoHArEAAGCOBCQAAAAI&rests=1309029090274

Ahh ok, I see what you mean. So it's not really a 'badged' R2 stick. I wouldn't mind hacking mvc graphics off it anyway, means nothing to me. My Hori looks like a bus ran over it.

Yeah but it'd be defacing something someone else would dearly have but means nothing to you if you get me.

Don't worry this is just a pet peeve of mine :D It's weird how TE's have dried up. Good thing I have 2 sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

i have a round 1 te stick for xbox will look at good offers

i have a round 1 te stick for xbox will look at good offers

might take you up on that, have a bid on ebay at the moment though, auction is over tomorrow evening, if someone makes an offer before tomorrow don't consider me first, tis about 50/50 whether i'll offer or not ;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah there's one or two floating around. Really good stick from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Sorry forgot to say there is an eight way gate on my fightstick and i have the gate that came with it

Sorry forgot to say there is an eight way gate on my fightstick and i have the gate that came with it

pm sent styles

Lads, you should use the proper process over on adverts if this is going to be an ongoing thing, I can't mediate if anything goes wrong with the deal. Just FYI.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    I have a sealed Hori FS3 stick for the PS3. Impulse buy that I have been staring at for the last 3 weeks but never played.

Here's the pic on Amazon. Not the greatest stick ever made but would be perfect if you wanted to try playing on stick but didn't want to fork out lots of money on a TE.

PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone have a te stick for sale or swap? got some really nice gear i would swap for one

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

According to Gremlinsolutions.co.uk's facebook page, they're going to be taking delivery of a stock of Qanba Q4-RAFs shortly. Pre order forms for them will be up in the next few days for anyone who's interested.

I think I'd probably buy one myself if I didn't have a multi console stick. They seem rather nice.

Finally just went and bought a HRAP V3 SA off amazon, got tired of looking around for them everywhere :P PC + PS3 compatible (i don't have a ps3 but i have a dualshock 3 for pc, some blu rays and a monitor that can be used for ps3 so i think i'll be investing in one soon enough :) ) has sanwa joystick and buttons and people have set them up for 360 play also so i'm happy with my purchase :) shall be here july 7th, ae on the 8th :D happy days :D

• Advertisement

Nice one man. Hope it plays good. It certainly looks and sounds the part.

btw here's what i'm planning to put on my te stick when i get it tomorrow/soon:

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e47/Dubreak/?action=view&current=blankatrondarachnid.jpg

shouts out to BossLogic for his blankatron image on deviantart
    http://bosslogic.deviantart.com/art/BlankaTron-190600345?q=&qo=

:)

Advertisement