Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I found the best prices by just going to google shopping uk and then just searching te fight stick, they range from about 80-140 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Just fyi, back seat modding is a big no no on boards.

I'm happy enough for the odd joke long as people are getting their answers (which to my knowledge they are).

you cant be serious ? cant believe you actually posted that.
    No ones really getting the answers, theres only 1`website selling the stick and delivery to here and even that for a hit and miss price.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    you cant be serious ? cant believe you actually posted that.
    No ones really getting the answers, theres only 1`website selling the stick and delivery to here and even that for a hit and miss price.

I bought one TE off amazon and one off ebay.

If you check my second last reply, you will note I point out why all the sticks seem so expensive.

Also your question is not the only one Farz. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Heads-up for anyone who wants to pre-order a Qanba Q4:

€140 +p&p on this store
    via SRK Tech Talk

*edit*
    Oooh, change buttons to Seimitsu pearls for a tenner? Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'm new to arcade sticks, never used one till just last week. I've only played 3 sessions with my Hori Fighting Stick and damn is it hard. I've come a long way compared to the first dreadful half hour of my learning experience but I still suck hard at it compared to my console controller skill. My question is... in everyone's experience... how long do you think it will take for me to fully adjust to playing stick and be able to bring all my tactics, combos and skill from my controller to the arcade stick? Or, is an arcade stick simply just not for some people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It depends how much you play in a session and how many sessions you play in a time frame.

But mostly how smart you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Orim wrote: »
    PPC wins dude. He just wins.

Still winning

Just popped the parts in to see how it looks
    nNtlgl.jpg
    uGXAtl.jpg
    5uPhkl.jpg

Will get a few more pics when its finished.

Few more pics here

I'm new to arcade sticks, never used one till just last week. I've only played 3 sessions with my Hori Fighting Stick and damn is it hard. I've come a long way compared to the first dreadful half hour of my learning experience but I still suck hard at it compared to my console controller skill. My question is... in everyone's experience... how long do you think it will take for me to fully adjust to playing stick and be able to bring all my tactics, combos and skill from my controller to the arcade stick? Or, is an arcade stick simply just not for some people?

I can really play on pad or stick, but always find I lack an amount of precision on a pad.

It's all muscle memory, the more time you sink in, the easier either will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Hey guys just thought id drop a post thanking kiki for dual modding my TE. Used it for the first time today and giggled like school girl when it worked on the xbox. At least this is one playstation item i have that'll actually get some use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Picked up a Madcatz tournament edition on people's recommendation here. Managed to get the Blazblue version for fairly cheap and absolutely love it. Thanks guys. :D
    Robbknoll wrote: »
    Hey guys just thought id drop a post thanking kiki for dual modding my TE. Used it for the first time today and giggled like school girl when it worked on the xbox. At least this is one playstation item i have that'll actually get some use :D

Is it hard to mod? I've been considering attempting to mod mine to join in some casuals since I got it for the PS3 and the majority here play on Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I have a perfect condition tournament edition stick for xbox 360 for sale if anyone is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Naphiel wrote: »
    Picked up a Madcatz tournament edition on people's recommendation here. Managed to get the Blazblue version for fairly cheap and absolutely love it. Thanks guys. :D

Is it hard to mod? I've been considering attempting to mod mine to join in some casuals since I got it for the PS3 and the majority here play on Xbox.

Id really only know how to mod buttons/ball tops/skins etc but i wouldnt try dual modding it myself, there are different ways of doing it appareantly tho. If your any good with soldering and that kinda thing there are some good vids up on you tube that help you step by step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'm not too bad at soldering but considering how much TEs cost I'm a bit reluctant to go pulling it apart, since it's only 3 weeks old. :p

Naphiel wrote: »
    I'm not too bad at soldering but considering how much TEs cost I'm a bit reluctant to go pulling it apart, since it's only 3 weeks old. :p
    I modded my SE within 2 days of getting it.

But then I am a bit mad.

re: dualmods, PS3 ones are slightly more expensive to dual-mod than 360 models (since solutions to add PS3 functionality have been easier, and hence cheaper, to create).

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

Selling a mad Catz SE If Anyones intrested:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

put it up on adverts and put the link in here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

hdaniel wrote: »
    Selling a mad Catz SE If Anyones intrested:)

360 or PS3 and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'm getting a TE soon and was wondering how much it costs to dual mod a ps3 stick.I have a 360 but all the ps3 sticks seem to be a fair bit cheaper than the 360 ones at the moment and if its cheaper to get a ps3 and dual mod it than to just get a 360 stick il go that route.

One of the lads i live with is an electronic engineer so im sure he can take care of whatever work needs to be done.

I definitely plan on switching to stick so the longer i stay on pad just seems like wasted time.

mackg wrote: »
    I'm getting a TE soon and was wondering how much it costs to dual mod a ps3 stick.I have a 360 but all the ps3 sticks seem to be a fair bit cheaper than the 360 ones at the moment and if its cheaper to get a ps3 and dual mod it than to just get a 360 stick il go that route.

One of the lads i live with is an electronic engineer so im sure he can take care of whatever work needs to be done.

I definitely plan on switching to stick so the longer i stay on pad just seems like wasted time.
    No, it is much cheaper, and easier, to dual-mod a 360 TE to include PS3 functionality.

Please check out SRK user Toodles' lastest work: the 'Kitty' class board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

@kiki Are you planning on ordering any parts anytime soon cause I need some to repair my stick/build the next one?

Nope, I'm broke.

I've said before that if anyone wants to do a group order, I can advise on what parts to get/how to save a few quid, and will install for a sammich.

Righteo, in that case I'll order some in myself. Does anyone else want in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll pay you a fiver to throw your current stick in a fire Talant :pac:

DarkTalant wrote: »
    Righteo, in that case I'll order some in myself. Does anyone else want in?

Me me me

I need a new stick and new buttons and I need a kiki to put them in. :D

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Not a chance!

Me me me

I need a new stick and new buttons and I need a kiki to put them in. biggrin.gif

kk, What exactly are you looking for?
    I'll probably order tomorrow or friday so if anyone else needs anything better give a shout before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Dreddybajs wrote: »

LMAO
    count me in too :pac:

DarkTalant wrote: »
    Not a chance!

kk, What exactly are you looking for?
    I'll probably order tomorrow or friday so if anyone else needs anything better give a shout before then.

I don't know what they're called :D The standard Sanwa jlf stick from a TE and 6 buttons in the grey colour... Dark Hai is it?

I don't really do sticks, give me a hand here kiki :)

I don't know what they're called :D The standard Sanwa jlf stick from a TE and 6 buttons in the grey colour... Dark Hai is it?

I don't really do sticks, give me a hand here kiki :)
    Already did:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056238222

*edit*
    Post in that thread if you're not sure what to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Kiki did you ever make that guide you were on about?

If not can you just point me in the right direction re: that dual mod yoke i got off ya. Have the time on my hands over the next few weeks to do it.

Advertisement