Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

wow that'll look great :D if you could get the green bits of blanka to be see through and backlight them somehow, dark green lit up buttons...om nom sexy looking :D it does look great though, now that i know what stick i'm getting i must look into some custom art myself :) my gf works in a photo developy place so getting vinyls, stickers and photos printed up :D cant wait to make my stick purdy

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I've ordered art and plexi from Art before. Very good product at a reasonable price but he does get a lot of business so chances are you might have a little wait ahead of you. It was just over three weeks for mine to arrive from placing my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

http://arcadeforge.de/ sell from Germany, so it might be a bit faster if your in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Could someone tell me what are the costs involved in using pay pal to pay for stuff? Is there a charge per transaction or what? From what I see of the website its free to buy stuff but that seems too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Its free to buy stuff

DSCN0010.jpg

w00t, now to learn everything over again :D can't even do ultra's lol :P tis so pretty though, feels so right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Thats a lovely looking stick alright, that start button irks me though, I would be hitting pause all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i felt like therez no room to rest my palm.
    it is slick and light though

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Thats a lovely looking stick alright, that start button irks me though, I would be hitting pause all day long.

strangely enough i thought the same but when i started using it i was like 'yea there's no way in hell you'd hit that by accident'
    Placebo wrote: »
    i felt like therez no room to rest my palm.
    it is slick and light though

I'd say if you're used to resting your palm it would be weird but i play piano so i'm used to hovering and hitting the keys, but if you're using a TE regularly and rest your palm on the stick i imagine it would be less than ideal, but if you hover even on a TE i'd say it wouldn't make any odds to you, i've never used a TE (or any other arcade stick) so that's just more of an uneducated guess.

BTW i ment to ask, anyone who has the choice between using the POV hat or the analog X/Y axes on their stick, which do you prefer and why. I've tried both and found the analog setting much easier, was getting a lot of excess inputs using the POV hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

POV hat?

POV hat?

Sorry D-pad, i'm used to seeing POV hat in windows :P

Again, POV hat?

aeonfusion wrote: »
    D-pad

:/

i swear, all of you picked up gaming after sf4
    Hat switch
    Hat switch - at top, in green
    A hat switch is a control on some joysticks. It is also known as a POV (point of view) switch. It allows one to look around in their virtual world, browse menus etc. For example, many flight simulators use it to switch the player's views,[17] while other games sometimes use it as a substitute for the D-pad; while computer gamepads modelled after PlayStation DualShock controllers assign POV switch scancodes to the D-pad of it.

Thanks Farz, an explanation is what I was looking for.

It's best to leave any sticks set to d-pad as the analog setting can lead to missed inputs on a stick.

not sure why you asked again? i was pretty familiar of the term back in the day. Curse those driver installing days

SFIV_Mockup_Template04.jpgSFIV_Mockup_Template03.jpgSFIV_Mockup_Template02.jpgSFIV_Mockup_Template01.jpgSFIV_Mockup_Template05.jpg

I know they'd probably look a lot better if I was to move blankas image away from the componants.... but I just did some quick versions first.

Which one do you think looks best? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I like the last one and 2nd one I think the last one would look better without the SSF4 logo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah Tron blanka with no logo is sick.

Don't like the screencap ones at all.

Second one is pretty cool but you'd need to do something like use clear buttons.

First I like but I think it's been done. I think Sagat06 had it on his stick. So while I like, I'd wouldn't recommend it for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Definitely the last one, although it would look better if the logo were removed, or coloured green like this:

Mj1l3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yreval wrote: »
    Definitely the last one, although it would look better if the logo were removed, or coloured green like this:

Mj1l3.jpg

man that looks like ****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    man that looks like shít

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    man that looks like shit

FYP, like a boss

SFIV_Mockup_Template06.jpg
    SFIV_Mockup_Template07.jpg
    SFIV_Mockup_Template08.jpg

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Darachnid wrote: »
    SFIV_Mockup_Template06.jpg
    SFIV_Mockup_Template07.jpg
    SFIV_Mockup_Template08.jpg

:)

I like the one without the logo. Also try it with the blanka moved down to the bottom left corner and scale it slightly smaller so that the image is not obscured by the stick. Less is more. Also if the buttons where black with green rim it might look cool. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

eco2live wrote: »
    I like the one without the logo. Also try it with the blanka moved down to the bottom left corner and scale it slightly smaller so that the image is not obscured by the stick. Less is more. Also if the buttons where black with green rim it might look cool. :)

Transparent green dust cover on the stick might be an idea too if you really want to splash out.

And if such a thing exists. If not, you could get a standard transparent one and stain it green I suppose :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

hi all,
    questions for ya if anyone could help.
    firstly i have a sf4 round2 te stick (the all black one),

for upgrading the joystick spring do i get the JLF or JLW for my stick?

also i was looking at changing the art,was looking at tek-innovations who do the plexiglass method,does anyone in ireland do this by chance?

and is there alternate method that will be durable and still have a good finish?

any help would be great,this my 1st stick
    thanks

(sorry if this is in wrong place)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

for upgrading the joystick spring do i get the JLF or JLW for my stick?
    Do you want to only replace the spring?
    The stick in TEs (and HRAPs) is a Sanwa JLF; check this thread for more info.
    also i was looking at changing the art,was looking at tek-innovations who do the plexiglass method,does anyone in ireland do this by chance?

and is there alternate method that will be durable and still have a good finish?
    You could print your new art and have it laminated - should only cost around a fiver.
    Just make sure it's printed on A3 and double-check dimensions before cutting/laminating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You could print your new art and have it laminated - should only cost around a fiver.

Heat and friction arent great for laminate's thats the only downside to this, but its so much cheaper than the plexi route its probably worth the compromise.

Advertisement