Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Picked up a Round 1 TE for €60 today. Hopefully, I will be able to bond with it. The thing seems to have a mind of its own, wild and untamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

€60?
    That's a steal, the parts alone are worth that (new).

I know. Found it on adverts.ie of all places!

And the funny thing is, I was like the 5th or 6th person to try buy it. All the other sales had fallen through. Plus the guy only lived like 20mins away from me. And original asking price was €120. Lucky or what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

might be of interest to someone - the Street Fighter Arcade stick is €100 in HMV Blanchardstown, both 360 and PS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

ondafly wrote: »
    might be of interest to someone - the Street Fighter Arcade stick is €100 in HMV Blanchardstown, both 360 and PS

Which one?

There are several Street Fighter arcade sticks.

• Advertisement

this one

SF4-RD2-8838.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Was thinking about trying to make it to HMV to get a TE and decided that I could probably squeeze this into a trip up for the next inferno. I was looking at the dublin bus timetables and have it worked out that its possible IF dublin buses run on time, is this the case? Will be getting a TE at some point and the way i see it the sooner the better.

Alternatively there are a few sticks on amazon.fr more expensive but without half the hassle. Anyone have any idea what the shipping would be from there and are there any hidden costs im not aware of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I was in there on Saturday and they only had PS3 TE2s in Blanch. None for 360. I asked about the 360 one and they said that they where out of stock and would not be getting them in again. I was going to pick up a spare and mod it.

Where in the shop did you see it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 arcadesan

I'm "trying" to buy an x arcade stick off adverts (but the guy is soooo slow with getting back to me) and I'm wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I could get an alternative twin arcade stick which I could use for an xbox. A mate of mine sorted me out with a load of MAME games on it and I have yet to touch any of the fighting games.

the only other stick I can seem to find is this (which of course is outta stock) http://www.estarland.com/Playstation.product.36637.html

I have a budget of 100 euro, so it limits me I know, but any tips would be helpful. Basically anything that could be connected to an xbox with an adaptor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

The only other option I can think of is the Sega HSS-0130 Virtua Stick Pro - it's a Saturn stick, but I'm guessing there has to be some sort of adaptor to make it work with an Xbox.

4300342346_b3f9b9bf7b.jpg

Probably outside your budget, though. Failing that, you could try building one yourself. Either way, an alternative is something I'd look into, as the X-Arcade is, to put it mildly, not the best-quality stick out there.

• Advertisement

ended up getting 2 of these ... http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/catalog/xbox-arcade-stick-p-1595.html

I'm hoping that there's some wires attaching the buttons/joystick to the pcb in them so I can use my own buttons and joystick on my control panel (don't want to melt another pcb).

Have you still got time to cancel your order? :D

I'm betting that the buttons (and maybe even the "stick") won't be using microswitches and be horrid contact-pads instead.

Madcatz TvC Wii stick has good Sanwa-knockoffs in it, and would've been readily-moddable to USB.
    2 of those would run you GBP£50 on AmazonUK; then 2x Dual-Strike boards for PC/PS3/original Xbox support for €60-odd.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :(

I've a friend over on retro games trying to trade off his old jamma boards for help soldering his xbox pads. I was trying to avoid the same fate as him ...!!

Balls anyway! Looks like I'll be creating some sort of horrid mutated control panel from 2 of these sticks glued together!!!

This is sweet ... just what I needed, before I blew my wad on those other cheap sticks!!

http://www.arcadepower.ca/tutorial09.html

Nah, DIY stick building is only cost-effective/fun if you already have tools & a workshop.

My dad & myself have probably spent thousands on tools & bits in the last few years, while my stick components would be less than 10% of that.

yeah, I know what you mean alright. Equipment can be pricey.

Sure I've a few arcade cabinets that I could plunder for parts anyway, I could make a mean looking control panel from the outside, it'd just be empty inside!!

On what could be a good note (depending on the outcome of my email to the shop) it appears that the fighting sticks I bought are out of stock (I'm quite sure they were in stock when I bought them ... there were some other sticks that I would have preferred, but I saw that THEY were listed as o.o.s. and thus ended up buying the ones I did). I emailed the shop and told them about it, saying I wouldn't spend money on items that weren't in stock etc and that I want to cancel my order.

Fingers crossed ....!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

http://www.focusattack.com/products/Qanba-Q4RAF-XB360-PS3-PC-Compatible-Joystick-PREORDER.html

Anyone who knows anything about sticks be able to tell me if this sounds like a viable alternative to a TE

mackg wrote: »
    http://www.focusattack.com/products/Qanba-Q4RAF-XB360-PS3-PC-Compatible-Joystick-PREORDER.html

Anyone who knows anything about sticks be able to tell me if this sounds like a viable alternative to a TE
    Absolutely.
    I'd even say it's better.

Try to order it from here instead, though: http://www.danstacave.com/boutique/?page_id=5&category=16&product_id=69

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Absolutely.
    I'd even say it's better.

Try to order it from here instead, though: http://www.danstacave.com/boutique/?page_id=5&category=16&product_id=69

How can you say it's even better without ever seeing one irl

It's full-Sanwa, solid construction (I've seen inside pics), and PS3/360 out-the-box.

Plus the Start button is on top, so that's a plus IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

don't suppose anyone here's got a pair of ps2 fighting sticks laying about the place gatherin dust they'd be willing to part with ...? :D

Does anyone know where I can source 2 MadCatz fightpads ? I'm looking to do a pad hack on them for use in a New Astro City cabinet. I've tried amazon, and the reseller (popcorn UK) won't ship to Ireland. Ebay has 1 or 2 for sale, but are a good bit more expensive. New or Second hand doesn't really bother me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Does anyone know where I can source 2 MadCatz fightpads ? I'm looking to do a pad hack on them for use in a New Astro City cabinet. I've tried amazon, and the reseller (popcorn UK) won't ship to Ireland. Ebay has 1 or 2 for sale, but are a good bit more expensive. New or Second hand doesn't really bother me ?

HMV generally have them for quite cheap, think they were two for €30 at one stage.

HMV generally have them for quite cheap, think they were two for €30 at one stage.

sadly not anymore - I've tried pretty much every HMV in Dublin and none have them in stock and of course they can't seem to locate them on their computer system either.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Play.com have 'em. Free delivery to UK and EU. £17.99 each for the ps3 ones, I wasn't sure which system you wanted them to be compatible with.

Neeknak wrote: »
    Play.com have 'em. Free delivery to UK and EU. £17.99 each for the ps3 ones, I wasn't sure which system you wanted them to be compatible with.

apologies I should have mentioned its for the 360

I'm going with this hack

http://bencao74.blogspot.com/2010/02/dual-strike-meets-fight-pad.html

and then I'll have xbox,xbox360,ps3,pc funtionality through the NAC control panel.

just to say I picked up 2 from play.com for 40 each, over priced i feel, but free delivery and I'm tired of looking for them :D

Thats strange because they have a rake of them in the two Limerick HMV's. I got one last year for €20 I think, so they could even be cheaper now.

well Play.com refunded the credit card for the fightpads - guessing they don't actually have them anymore ! so found another reseller on amazon who has them and ordered them. Looks like a bit of a shortage happening for the old fightpads !
    Rob2D wrote: »
    Thats strange because they have a rake of them in the two Limerick HMV's. I got one last year for €20 I think, so they could even be cheaper now.

Indeed - I saw loads of them 3 or 4 weeks ago in HMV, and at the time I didn't think I needed them and when I went back in the other week they were gone, no sign of them anywhere.

If I do spy them again in HMV I'll defo be picking up a few, they are very handy for DIY with the dual strike PCB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

HMVs have a linked inventory system, and one store which has demand for a particular item can request them from a store that has stock and no demand.

If you're willing to pay some or all of the price of two fightpads upfront, I'm sure whatever HMV is closest to you would be happy to order them.

Advertisement