Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N69/N22/N70 Tralee Bypass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

Does anybody know when the bypass is due to open?
    I reckon it will be just like the Lyreacrompane relief section, it'll just be there some evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

ainiseoir wrote: »
    I reckon it will be just like the Lyreacrompane relief section, it'll just be there some evening.

What Lyreacrompane relief section are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Google "Lyreacrompane relief section" and you just get a few hits about the famine and a bog slide there a few years ago.

I figure the poster is confusing Lyreacrompane with that section of the Listowel Road out around Leith West http://goo.gl/maps/U8fG9 completed a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

What Lyreacrompane relief section are you on about?

Lol! That's hilarious! Good name for that section! I can't see them only opening a bit of it, as all it will do is funnel the traffic(and the sightseers)to the Ballybeggan roundabout for no reason. Would make Clash a mess for a few days.
    All or nothing is the best way.
    My brother cycled the Leith to Ballygarry section an hour or so ago, he says post and rope is finished to Ballybeggan, poles only from there then to Ballinorig, then nothing inside in the quarry section. So a few days left in fitting those yet.
    Landscaping is pretty much done though. I'm still finding the new junction up by the college unusual!
    I have more pics, just gotta get them up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

Lol! That's hilarious! Good name for that section! I can't see them only opening a bit of it, as all it will do is funnel the traffic(and the sightseers)to the Ballybeggan roundabout for no reason. Would make Clash a mess for a few days.
    All or nothing is the best way.
    My brother cycled the Leith to Ballygarry section an hour or so ago, he says post and rope is finished to Ballybeggan, poles only from there then to Ballinorig, then nothing inside in the quarry section. So a few days left in fitting those yet.
    Landscaping is pretty much done though. I'm still finding the new junction up by the college unusual!
    I have more pics, just gotta get them up here!
    Thanks for bailing me out there.
    On my first visit to the Ballybeggan roundabout from the IT I saw that the only road open after all this huffing and puffing was one that lead to
    1. the rat-run to Ballyseedy.
    2. The North Kerry Land-Fill
    3. A suitable metropilis, For some reason Lyreacrompane was the only one that came to mind. if there are other major centres which should have gone in ahead of Ladhair, my humble apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

Even Though I was born in Cork. The bypass of Tralee will come in handy to me anytime i travel the area. I could bypass the town if i came down to go to listowel or killorgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MacLondon

Released: 24 July 2013
    http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/roads/roadclosures/title,8751,en.html
    Local Road L-6545 partly in the townland of Bealagrellagh and partly in the townland of Doonimlaghbeg, for a period of twelve (12) days between the dates of Monday, 19th August 2013 and Friday, 30th August 2013.

Existing National Road N22 (Tralee – Killarney Road) from the townland of Bealagrellagh to the townland of Ballycarty, for a period of three (3) days between the dates of Wednesday, 28th August 2013 and Friday, 30th August 2013.

The purpose of the road closures is to avoid major interface between construction plant and road users (General Public) and to facilitate the construction of the N22/N69 Tralee Bypass Road Improvement Scheme.
    Presumably some tidying up (after the bypass has opened) of the soon-to-be 'old N22', near its junction at Bealagrellagh with the 'future N22'.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Thanks to the recent landscaping works the ITT now sports a ha-ha !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

kingdumb wrote: »
    Thanks to the recent landscaping works the ITT now sports a ha-ha !

What's a haha?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mrs Dempsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Killarney has several HaHa's. Here is one just beside the Cathedral. There are more in the national park and the street outside the Cinema / Methodist Church is called The HaHa.

That's a new one on me!

According the the Kerry's Eye today, €74k has been set aside under the 'percent for art' scheme for a sculpture depicting a Rose to represent Tralee as the home of the Rose of Tralee festival.
    Closing date for design applications is Sept 12th.

Be interesting to see how that turns out...

They reckon it will be mid August(but no definate date set yet)before the bypass is open, there still is quite a bit to do yet, although it is looking very well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The Kerryman also advising that it may not now be open for the Festival which is disappointing. I suppose it's better to have it finished properly and a few days late then rushed to open with snags remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

MacLondon wrote: »
    Released: 24 July 2013
    http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/roads/roadclosures/title,8751,en.htmlPresumably some tidying up (after the bypass has opened) of the soon-to-be 'old N22', near its junction at Bealagrellagh with the 'future N22'.

What are they actually going to do with this road. It doesn't look like it will have a junction on the new N22, is it going to tie in with the soon to be "old" road

dmeehan wrote: »
    What are they actually going to do with this road. It doesn't look like it will have a junction on the new N22, is it going to tie in with the soon to be "old" road
    Once everything is up and running, when you turn off the 'new N22' onto the 'old N22', you will almost immediately get to a T-junction.

Then turn left to go to Ballycarty roundabout, or turn right (back towards where the current N22 will get blocked off) to access the Local Road L-6545.

View north off the bridge
    IMG_9502_zps0b3203aa.jpg

End anchors.
    IMG_9599_zps8eb2cbe3.jpg

Post spacings
    IMG_9600_zps452bd188.jpg

Joiner sections.
    IMG_9602_zpse26da6b6.jpg

'Rennicks' did the Road signs, think there was a question on this a few weeks ago?
    http://www.rennicks.com/

Cats eyes and side reflectors are fitted in the Northern part of the bypass too, presumably all the way to Ballybeggan roundabout.

Also the inner white lines closest to the Post and Rope fence have rumble strips on them to alert you if you drive over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/baby-born-on-tralee-bypass

« BackBaby born on Tralee Bypass
    Monday, July 29th, 2013 at 12:55 pm.

The Tralee Bypass received a very special delivery this weekend, when a baby boy was born at the new Castlemaine Road roundabout, on Saturday morning.

Ramune Balkerishna who is originally from Lithuania gave birth to her son in the back of her husband Ganesan’s car who was driving them to Kerry General Hospital.

Baby Balkereeshna, who has yet to be named, weighs seven pounds three ounces and both he and his mother are doing very well.

Ramoonay, who already has two boys, says her son was in quite a hurry to be born:

*****Rumour has it he's being named carchaeologist*******

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

traleespud wrote: »
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/baby-born-on-tralee-bypass

« BackBaby born on Tralee Bypass
    Monday, July 29th, 2013 at 12:55 pm.

The Tralee Bypass received a very special delivery this weekend, when a baby boy was born at the new Castlemaine Road roundabout, on Saturday morning.

Ramune Balkerishna who is originally from Lithuania gave birth to her son in the back of her husband Ganesan’s car who was driving them to Kerry General Hospital.

Baby Balkereeshna, who has yet to be named, weighs seven pounds three ounces and both he and his mother are doing very well.

Ramoonay, who already has two boys, says her son was in quite a hurry to be born:

*****Rumour has it he's being named carchaeologist*******

Carchaeologist Bam Balkereeshna !:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Christ I hope this happens in the next two years . I've been banging on about for so long now . It would make sure a difference to my life and that of my daughters for driving to work .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

johnplayer wrote: »
    Christ I hope this happens in the next two years . I've been banging on about for so long now . It would make sure a difference to my life and that of my daughters for driving to work .
    I think you mean, the next two weeks not years?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Typo :-) Sorry

Just cycled the 20K from Leith to Lidl and back this eve. Things are looking very well along the route at this stage of the job.
    It's a huge difference going down through the quarry section now that the road is in place, compared to when i was in there in January on the press day. The road must be 20 feet or more above the bottom of what was the quarry floor near the tar plant. The width of the quarry is far wider than the finished road but the landscaping is absolutely top notch. It's a credit to Bam. They are finishing the road off to a really excellent standard.

Tar plant is mostly dismantled and the concrete plant is gone entirely.
    Rail bridge has a serious amount or Armco on it on both sides, looks like there's enough to stop the Titanic!
    Post and rope is yet to be finished from Ballybeggan down to Lidl roundabout although the poles are 99% in place.

Clash exit is as good as done, road is marked out with lines and the runoff water collection pond here is mostly done, fencing is being installed.

At the top of the hill on the Leith side of the Knockwaddra bridge is a Garda riser for a speed check facing the bridge just around the corner.
    Seems to be the only one on the entire dual carriageway though.

Fencing is under construction around the runoff pond at Leith as well as at the other ones along the route.

As i have said before here, besides being a great road, its also going to be a great amenity for the town as a walkway and cycle path. Many people are using it even now, we passed loads this evening both cycling and walking. You can make your route as long as you like with all of the roundabouts and exits on the route.

So.. Will it be open in time for the festival..my bet is yes, i think it will.

Is the walking/cycle path on the same side of the road all the way from Leith to the Castlemaine Road?

MacLondon wrote: »
    Is the walking/cycle path on the same side of the road all the way from Leith to the Castlemaine Road?

Indeed it is sir.

Indeed it is sir.
    Why is it only on one side?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mrs Dempsey

spacetweek wrote: »

so the chicken won't have to cross the road :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Lads, whats the story with the Ballybeggan Road and not being able to get through to Pump House / Racecourse / Clash? It looks permanent but don't recall this in the Kerry Co. plans (I can't locate the original maps)

The closure of Ballybeggan Road approaching the new roundabout was part of the plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

spacetweek wrote: »
    halves the cost

Advertisement