Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

.......christ.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I hated it too when the host referred to it as The Smashes. Not a fan at all of that name but then again, I dont really get the rivalry.
    Any idea/word on who the team coaches will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

surely Ireland versus England (aka the Rising) would have massive interest

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nah. Australia is one of their fastest growing markets, Ireland is not. Australia has a potentially HUGE growth rate, Ire;and's is simply too finite considering the size of the country.

Also, the Oz v UK rivallry is an actual rivallry. Ireland v UK isn't. Only on our side. The UK have no idea a rivallry exists.

I hated it too when the host referred to it as The Smashes. Not a fan at all of that name but then again, I dont really get the rivalry.
    Any idea/word on who the team coaches will be?

I hope the coaches are The Queen v a Kangaroo. THAT i'd watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

They should've done an all European TUF. Give an opportunity to guys this side of the water.

Or for the laugh, a USA vs Japan TUF. The Americans would lap it up to try get "revenge" for Pearl Harbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nobody outside of ireland would have an interest in that.

So that's the weight class confirmed, LW and WW.
    Open tryouts might be interesting

My poxy UPC never recorded tuf last night. Does anybody know if it's repeated? I don't wanna go into the tuf thread and have it spoiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Shogun is doing a Hangout on his Google Plus page atm for anyone who speaks portuguese :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Kos has just tweeted that UFC has offered him a fight wit BJ PENN, just waiting on Penn to get back to them

This guy really didn't think his comment through did he.

http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/05/16/3-dos-santos-jiu-jitsu-coach-yuri-carlton-cigano-is-better-in-the-stand-up-and-on-the-ground-25000.html
    “Cigano is better in the stand-up and on the ground,” Say JDS Coach (Yuri Carlton)

Carlton comments on Junior’s Jiu-Jitsu skills and feels he may be better than Mir on the ground.

“I am positive that Cigano’s Jiu-Jitsu is better. He trains with the Best guys in Brazil: Minotauro, Minotouro, Anderson, Demian, just to name a few… I believe he won’t disappoint people when it comes to Jiu-Jitsu.”

"...The speculations about Mir being better on the ground are bull****...."

So basically, JDS is trained by the Noguira Bros, and Frank Mir isn't even Brazilian. Sure that makes lots of sense, except for the fact that Big Nog hasn't been able to train much lately, why was that again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

No interest in seeing Penn, let alone at WW where he is undersized. Aside from blitzing a faded Matt Hughes he has done nothing in the past few years that make me want to see him fight again.

Any chance of the SF GP being shown anywhere tomorrow night?

MrStuffins wrote: »

If you have Sky, I think it's on that Primetime channel. Channel 480 I think.

Dean09 wrote: »

If you have Sky, I think it's on that Primetime channel. Channel 480 I think.

That's. PPV right? Any idea of the price? I have Sky but won't be at home til tomorrow so can't check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Interview with Barnett

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Josh-Barnett-I-Will-Take-Daniel-Cormier-Down-42781

seems as stubborn socially as he is in the ring, not an easy man to beat! Cormier better get to work quickly! dunno who I'm up for now... I love Cormiers 'lack of height but still doesn't give a sh1t' attitude but Barnett's Pride days especially his wars with Cro Cop were just so legendary steroid enhanced or not.

That's. PPV right? Any idea of the price? I have Sky but won't be at home til tomorrow so can't check

I haven't got Sky either so I don't know the full details. But I do know that Primetime have the rights to all Strikeforce events on tv in UK and Ireland.
    From their website it says £9.95 but I dunno what it will be in €.

This is the site so you might be able to find more detailed info there.

Chael granted a TUE for TRT for 148.

Mellor wrote: »
    Chael granted a TUE for TRT for 148.

OMG

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Take with the usual large pinch of salt..

From Fighters Only
    The UFC’s next appearance on British soil will take place September 29 in Nottingham.

Numerous sources have confirmed the booking to Fighters Only and the organisation is currently attending to the logistics of bringing the show to Nottingham.

That includes booking hotel rooms for its fighters, support staff and backroom employees - one UFC event works out around 600 hotel nights, according to one source.

No names are confirmed for the card as yet but there have been several fighters pencilled in for the September 29 date, which takes place at the 10,000 capacity Capital FM Arena.

Among them are Jorgen Kruth and Cyril Diabate, who were supposed to have thrown down at the recent UFC Sweden event. The meeting was scotched when Kruth suffered an injury in training.

Numerous British fighters can also be expected to appear. Look out for the likes John Maguire and Paul Taylor to be offered spots on the card.

The staging of the event in Nottingham does make for an interesting possibly - Paul ‘Semtex’ Daley is a Nottingham man and a huge ticket seller; if there was ever a time for him to inveigle his way back into the UFC, September 29 would be the one.

If it does go ahead then please god let them put together a decent card!!
    I might actually head over if it's decent enough. I like Maguire too, so hopefully he'll be on the card. I dunno if Daley will ever get back in the UFC though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Damn it have a wedding to go to that day. Can't see Semtex back, not sure I want to either.

Well he's already fought under the Zuffa banner since his clownery!

Stranger things have happened!

ps: JoeyJJ, whenever I read your username I think of this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Dean09 wrote: »
    If it does go ahead then please god let them put together a decent card!!
    I might actually head over if it's decent enough. I like Maguire too, so hopefully he'll be on the card. I dunno if Daley will ever get back in the UFC though.

It'll be one of those "UFC on QVC Jewellery +1" cards so expect to see Nik Lentz vs. Gabe Rudiger in the main event.

Kurz wrote: »
    It'll be one of those "UFC on QVC Jewellery +1" cards so expect to see Nik Lentz vs. Gabe Rudiger in the main event.

Go on Gabe!!

Go on Gabe!!

Come on Dana, put me back in....I can do this...
    GABE-vs-WHALE_CAKE.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Can't be bothered looking for the video thread so I'm just going to post this here :D

Well he's already fought under the Zuffa banner since his clownery!

Stranger things have happened!

ps: JoeyJJ, whenever I read your username I think of this:

Thats why I picked it, my name isn't even Joey. In another forum many moons ago I was joey jo jo jr Shabadoo :)

Roy wants his next opponent to pee in the cup, interesting I also hear Dana mention they are going to step up the testing

They really need to do blood testing and clear out the crap.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/5/24/3040989/roy-nelson-ufc-146-pre-fight-scrum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not exactly UFC news, more like ex-UFC.

Anthony Johnson has missed weight yet again. He came in 8lbs heavy for a fight against Dave Branch in Titan FC. Branch also cane in a few lbs over but I suspect that this was because he knew Rumble was going to miss so he didn't bother cutting the last few. Johnson has been fines part if his purse.

15 pro fights, 4 missed weights.

EDIT, some reports suggest that the fight was supposed to a 195 catchweight but it sounds a but fishy.

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Not exactly UFC news, more like ex-UFC.

Anthony Johnson has missed weight yet again. He came in 8lbs heavy for a fight against Dave Branch in Titan FC. Branch also cane in a few lbs over but I suspect that this was because he knew Rumble was going to miss so he didn't bother cutting the last few. Johnson has been fines part if his purse.

15 pro fights, 4 missed weights.

EDIT, some reports suggest that the fight was supposed to a 195 catchweight but it sounds a but fishy.

What an idiot. There's absolutely no excuse for missing weight that many times. Especially since it already cost him his job in the UFC. He really is un-dependable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement